Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission

CinemaBoxers

I'm getting a little nervous ... I mailed mine more than a week ago, but haven't seen that it's been received. It's going to anojther country, but not across the pond. Hopefully I will see that it was received, soon. :anicute:

The mail delivery to the country (in question) you sent to is wicked slow... hang in there! I am confident it will arrive.

~J

I got my (incredible!!) package a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't manage to swipe PolskiKrols camera (he just doesn't understand....) and finally decided to order a new one of my own!! It's only been about 6 months w/out one...

So I got this HUGE box; The return address was from my favorite artist :laughing: I was super excited ;)

I tore into it and.... It was filled with...leaves!

69e92eb5-4195-4620-848f-6b7b1b39c7ee.jpg

pretty autumn leaves :)

and envelopes!!

5b5cd71d-7c53-4531-be9f-b45d8dc0deec.jpg

With a great boxer card :)

98f19ae2-f5af-4015-b4b1-8c87bbf5729b.jpg

November....a Fall into Caching Coin and Pathtag!!!! I'd never seen this design before. I LOVE it!!

d81c1305-c4ed-40f5-9769-1348fa8981a4.jpg

Autumn... A Cinemaboxers pathtag, A pathtag anniversary pathtag, and a Geocoin Design Pin!! What an intricate pin! I don't have too many pins, but I think this one is my favorite :D

1ac729d7-49fd-4c80-8738-30991a0ec081.jpg

Leaves..WOW...Four Copper Cache Rewards coins! WOW! Artist Editions!! And so pretty!

2dc03c02-b464-433f-9543-2dd7061ca107.jpg

Autumn Days... The cutest doggy on a Cinemaboxers Anniversary Coin. I missed this one when it was available!! :D YAY

ac13ee46-7477-49ec-b285-0120b30f5737.jpg

Paula and Jim, Thank you so much!!!! You really went overboard on my package, wow. And what a great presentation too!!! Thanks; you guys rock :)

Edited by ThirstyMick

1. Participating -- YES

2. Received Name -- Oct 17th

3. Mission Complete -- sent Oct 22nd -let's hope it will make someone happy!

4. Package Received! -- November 28th!

Received two wonderful coins: a Silver 5th Annual GGA Challenge Event coin and a Tempting the Fates coin!

It took the package over a month to arrive (it was mailed on Oct 25th), so it must have been help up at Customs...

Thanks 9key for the great coins!

Received my Thanksgiving Day Mission package in the mail on Monday(I was out of town on a trip last week). Don't know who the cacher was who sent the package (from Rushford, MN), but thank you so much for a a wonderful and generous grouping of coins!

Included in the package was:

1 Team Sand Dollar 2006 V2.5 Misty Silver Coin

1 Team Sand Dollar 2006 V2.5 Misty Gold Coin

1 Silver FTF coin (will use this as a FTF prize for one of my future caches)

1 Cape Spear Lighthouse Geocoin

1 very cool Eastern Wild Turkey Pin (will probably put this on my backpack)

1 Centris Regular Edition Coin (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Many of these coins were on my seeking list so I was very happy with the generous collection sent out. The package was also pretty creative so I will try and post some pictures if I can figure out how to do that!

Thank you again so much for your generosity, whoever you are!? You made my day.

Jason aka MRJIFFY

ThanksgivingDayMission002.jpg

ThanksgivingDayMission003.jpg

ThanksgivingDayMission004.jpg

1. Participating - Email sent!

2. Received Name Got it, figuring out the coins now

3. Mission Complete - Package Sent 10/28/2007

4. Package Received! - Package Received 11/26/2007

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Edited by mrjiffy

;) I received a package all the way from Australia!!

I would love to visit you some day!! :huh:

I received a Happy Thanksgiving card from my secret mission and an Ellandel's China 2006 Geocoin and a Geocoin Club May 2006 geocoin. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and these beautiful, shiny coins! ;):huh:

Thanks to CB Jim for running such a great Harvest Day mission! It's been lots of fun!

:D

1. Participating - Email sent!

2. Received Name - 11-23-07

3. Mission Complete - Package Sent 11-27-07

4. Package Received! - yes!!!! lookie what i got!! LOL :huh:

ThanksgivingMission.jpg

Thank you so much KeeWee!!!! :huh: I love EVERYTHING!!! have been wanting this Australia coin like FOREVER!!!! The other coins are very nice too! and I REALLY love your sig items and New Zealand keychains!!!! (I collect those too!! LOL)

Many thanks from Idaho ;)

Spoke too soon this afternoon,

When I got home there was an envelope from myself in the mailbox.

Now along with having a great family and our health we have something else to be thankful for.

Our Mission has arrived

Inside was a nice postcard, A Chili Pepper coin. A Birds of a Feather coin, and a Texas coin.

All coins we don't have and all very nice

Thanks

I'm still waiting for my 2nd Mission to say he received his. :)

Apologies! I can remember writing a post, but can't find it anywhere :)

Must be the illness (for the last week I've either been really ill or looking after the ill).

Last weekend rattusbaggus (Michael) received his awesome mission from Allie. He was so excited and totally thrilled with it. We had just got home from Michaels T-Ball game and there on the back door step was a box wrapped in packing paper... a box that had travelled a long way... Off came the wrapping paper, out came the scissors to cut the tape and into the box was Michael!

The animal themed mission contained:

- a yummy bag of Cheeky Monkeys

- a yummy bag of Jelly Babies

- a really cool plush koala

- a Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary tag and keyring

- a Northern Right Whale pin

- a Northern Right Whale geocoin

- a Tennessee-N.Carolina Geocaching the Appalachian geocoin, and

- a There Are No Kangaroos in Austria! Geocoin

Michael says that his mission was really cool and says a big Thank You :D

MISSION #1 -

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name - 17/10/07

3. Mission Complete - POSTED

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks Sequoia_2 :D

MISSION #2 -

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks 57Chevy :D

MISSION #3 -

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks Usyoopers :D

MISSION #4 -

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks Tokencollector :D

MISSION #5 -

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks dflye :D

MISSION #6 -

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks PJPeters :D

MISSION #7 -

4. Package Received

And for rattusbaggus:

4. Package Received - Yes, thanks fluttershy :D

I have emailed those of my missions who have not yet posted they they have received their missions. They were all posted via International AirMail on November 8th (NZ) - so Nov 7th over there. All US/Canadian missions went into the US Postal System on Approx Nov 19/20th and half of them arrived within a couple of days. The others have either not yet arrived, or the receivers have yet to post so.

As some have arrived, I have faith that the others are not far away, although I am concerned about the wildly different delivery times :):)

Guess I'm the last one on Keewee's list still waiting... Thanks KW for the status msg. :)

Not quite... that's one I'm still awaiting arrival of on this side of the Pacific. To my knowledge there are still 3 drifting around the US and Canadian Postal Systems and one a bit further West... So do parts of the USPS go on holiday or shut down at this time of year? :anibad::anicute:

Georeynozos - thanks for letting me know yours has arrived safely :D

WOOWHOOO!!! I received my Thanksgiving Mission package yesterday! Thank you keewee!!!!!

In my package: (and i'll get a pic posted soon hopefully)

a Magellan Armed geocoin

a Geocoinfest Multievent - Aotearoa geocoin

a Windrose- Meghan of Atwell Family Dream catcher geocoin

two cool New Zealand keychains

The cutest Kiwi bird clip

and candy :anicute:

Thanks for my Thanksgiving Mission Package! It was awesome!

And the last one on this side of the Pacific arrived yesterday also!

When coming home I found a letter sent by me :mad: , but with markings of New Zealand. When did I drink that much to forget the whole trip half around the world and back again? :laughing: Then I saw that little bird next to the sender's adress and began to lough.

This is what I found when opening the letter:

a 2007 Fern New Zealand Recreational GPS Society (a great example: you don't need much graphical elements to make a stunning looking coin - I love it!)

a Geocoinfest Multi-Event Mosaic-Coin

a 2007 Kansas Sunshine Micro

two keyrings (guess which bird is on one of them :mad: ) and finally

a little kiwi bird clip.

Thanks a lot for you package keewee! I hope everybody in your family is feeling better again!

So finally:

[X] Sent participation email

[X] Got 2 names

[X] Sent 2 packages

[X] Both missions arrived! :D

Oh! Wow! Good things that come to those who wait!

I got my Thanksgiving mission in the mail today, and it was the best package ever!

I opened it up and saw this:

mission001.jpg

Lots of funny thanksgiving comics, covering a neat looking book.

I opened it up and what did I see?

mission002.jpg

An inspirational thanksgiving poem on the outside of an envelope.

And then I opened it up...

mission003.jpg

A WI_robin set, a geosmirk, and a FIRE_ELEMENTAL!!!!!!!!!

The Fire_Elemental was at the top of my "I'll never get one, but which I really really wanted" list. Of the first 60 caches I found, I don't know how many were by Fire_Elemental. My first cache placement (Moscow32's Nemesis) was a tribute to one of his caches.

The other two coins were also on my seeking list, but I'll tell you, I'm very excited by the F_E coin!

Thanks so much WI_Robin! You honestly rock!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Keewee for the wonderful, wonderful package he sent me. I have been to New Zealand and it was refreshing to receive a package from New Zealand. The package stirred up alot of fond memories of the place. Thank you for taking me back down memory lane Keewee.

Received key chains, two keewee toys and 3 coins. All great coins I do not have yet.

Thank you, Thank you!!!

Blessings.

Mission 1:

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes

4. Package Received! yes

Mission 2:

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes

4. Package Received! yes!

Received our final mission today and what a nice surprise, a couple of RED geojellies, a mailbox coin, Belize and some really cool swag including a turtle geopin.

Thanks to both my secret (or not so secret) Thanksgiving cachers.

Life has been pretty zany recently, just now getting pics of my 3rd mission received uploaded! :D

Got a nifty looking box in the mail a few weeks back, lots of leaf stamps all over and a nice saying stamping on the corner. Opened it up, and saw an envelope addressed to me from ? with more leafy stamps:

Harvest3_1.jpg

Inside the envelope was a card with a leaf-stamped tissue paper package. Under the envelope was a Spongebob tin with five more tissue wrapped packages, a geocaching button and an Idaho geocachers wooden nickel. Hmm, Idaho, lots of coins folks out there, wonder who it could be from? :)

Harvest3_2.jpg

After opening up all the tissue wrapped packages, I was astonished at the number of great coins included:

• An adorable "Do Unto Others" coin! :):D
  • An Idaho geocachers "Happy Trails" micro :D
  • A VIGPS mtn-man visits coin!! WOW was this one high up on my list! :):D:D
  • A Little Hopper mico :D
  • A Cache-Aid Kit (artist edition, hmm, who could that be? :unsure::D )
  • A LoriDarlin spud coin (hmm, I think I see a trend here! :D )

Harvest3_3.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful coins and goodies, LoriDarlin, I still can't believe the haul of loot that came out of that box! :D:D:D:D

Life has been pretty zany recently, just now getting pics of my 3rd mission received uploaded! :D

Got a nifty looking box in the mail a few weeks back, lots of leaf stamps all over and a nice saying stamping on the corner. Opened it up, and saw an envelope addressed to me from ? with more leafy stamps:

Harvest3_1.jpg

Inside the envelope was a card with a leaf-stamped tissue paper package. Under the envelope was a Spongebob tin with five more tissue wrapped packages, a geocaching button and an Idaho geocachers wooden nickel. Hmm, Idaho, lots of coins folks out there, wonder who it could be from? :D

Harvest3_2.jpg

After opening up all the tissue wrapped packages, I was astonished at the number of great coins included:

• An adorable "Do Unto Others" coin! B):D
  • An Idaho geocachers "Happy Trails" micro :D
  • A VIGPS mtn-man visits coin!! WOW was this one high up on my list! B):D:D
  • A Little Hopper mico :D
  • A Cache-Aid Kit (artist edition, hmm, who could that be? B):D )
  • A LoriDarlin spud coin (hmm, I think I see a trend here! :D )

Harvest3_3.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful coins and goodies, LoriDarlin, I still can't believe the haul of loot that came out of that box! :D:D:DB)

Congratulations....that is a real nice package. The Do unto Others and the Little Hopper are very nice coins that I've heard of but not seen before. Thanks for sharing

I'm also shy 1 Thanksgiving Package, but I haven't been too worried since I know the mail and real life are unpredictable. I hope the senders are all ok and perhaps the packages are just taking their own sweet time.

I've also had an amazing "Harvest" of geocoins already and I am very thankful for my geocoin friends and all the happy memories geocoins bring me!

My apologies for the late post - I did finally receive my package. Thanks Keewee! Seems that whomever you had proxie send it from the US wrote the wrong street name down - Arrowhead instead of Arrowwood - With the same return address, I guess it sat in some dead letter bin for weeks until some bright postal worker said to try arrowwood. Anyway, here's a pic and thanks again! :P

keeweepkg.jpg