Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission

CinemaBoxers

:lol: Wow.. I got my first mission and was just blown away by the generosity of the giver. :(dacd71df-0cbe-425d-892a-ec4f5f7d807b.jpg

Very cool Package... :)

e219c133-e1ed-46c0-8ce6-c16d0a8b0fe8.jpg

IT's a Devilish Lunchbox!! How cool is that? :(

29c021e4-6a12-401d-9883-0e1cca0bf94a.jpg

Packed with goodies.. :D

dec1cbd7-fd7c-40c6-996b-68241fc80fda.jpg

Wow.. there's even a Chocolate TURKEY!!! WHO KNEW? :D

e81de39f-4b0b-49c8-b4e1-f63104359c51.jpg

:) Gotta Love the coinage.. The GBA Spring is Just AWESOME! Love it. :D

The GeoJellies are very tasty lookin too... :lol:

Love the Poppy coin and matching Pin!!! :D

The Bingo is cute too.. but my absolute favorite of the bunch,

is the RiverCity Personal coin.. that finish is just amazing... Thank you Rivercity... this is just above and beyond!!! Love it all!!! I really do! You ROCK!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you so much, you really made my day! :D

The cinnamon toothpics are awesome too, I haven't had those in years. :D

Could I have those Reeces Peanut Butter Cups? :o

I love seeing photos and reading about all the wonderful packages that people have received from their missions. I still haven't received mine, so I am hoping that it will arrive before Thanksgiving (only 3 days of mail delivery left) :D

:):D

Don't feel lonely :( , I am still stalking the mailman and will now be away until Friday, but of course I will have a neighbor standing by to tackle the man everytime he goes bye :)

Partcipating-Yes

Received Name- Yes

Mission Complete- sent 24/10

Package Received- received 17/11

Got in from caching yesterday to discover the postman had been!

For some reason GeoDog aka Caesar was even keener on the package than the rest of the post which he normally collects ... I shluld have guessed, dog toys!

We received a superb package from Dressel Dragons!

harvest1.jpg

harvest2.jpg

harvest3.jpg

harvest4.jpg

harvest5.jpg

The coins are Cinema Boxers ( I love dog themed coins), Nevada, Independence Day 2007 and a Dressel Dragons Geo Jelly, together with a DD pathtag. I've not even seen these coins before, so they are all very welcome, than you so much Dressel Dragons for the very thoughtful package! :santa::santa:

Caesar is delighted with his three new toys, I'm sure he thinks it is his birthday, thank you! :santa:

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

1. Participating: yes, email sent

2. Received Name yes!!!

3. Mission Complete package mailed!! it has a ways to go, it is going OVERSEAS!

4. Package Received! Yes! recieved my package Saturday. My poor camera is having issues...lens won't open after Lil' Tumbleweed dropped in on the floor, imagine that. Thank you for the great coins and the personal wooden nickle. I love collecting items that cachers leave to identify themselves. I have yet to be creative enough to make one. My daughter, Lil' Tumbleweed claimed the non-trackable coin for her collection but I told her we may need it someday if we come across a puzzle cache using this code. She tried to get the laptop coin, but I put a password on it. :santa: And the geocaching the appalachian coin is great. (someday I may get to walk part of that trail at some point) Thank you again so much!

Wow, Whoopee, and joyous jumping around...which is not easy for a fat, old, lady!!! Received my last mission package on Thursday, just as we were setting up a huge garage sale...this is the first opportunity I've had to look at it and post it...

Lots of goodies... some AAA batteries and an always needed flashlight, some hydrocortisone cream (someone knows about caching in Texas...lol), a mini first aid kit, 2 Travel Tag protectors, and...COINS...

Tranquility Gold with orange and green, an Antique Gold Climbing and Caching, a Silver Geocache America, and a Gold Geocache America...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you our Turkey Day Buddy...you did an awesome job...and it came at just the right time to boost some very weary spirits!

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and a great big hug to this package sender!!!

Someday I WILL get my camera to work...I swear...lol

1. Participating - Email sent 9-30-07

2. Received Name - 10-17-07

3. Mission Complete - 11-10-07

4. Package Received - 11-9-07

Sorry for the late post. Got my mission and was very happy. Thanks tokencollector.

I received tokens (of course), tokencollector geotag, tokencollector geojelly, and a four spirit Red Phoenix geocoin in a turkey basket with a scarecrow.

No, I don't know what my daughter is doing with the scarecrow's head!

Thanks again.

thanksgiving.gif

1. Participating - done

2. Received Name - done

3. Mission Complete - should be there today , priority mail 3 days ago :lol:

4. Package Received - 11-17-07 Thanks to my special person , package sent to me from me so no clue :blink:

I recieved a Hector Dolphin coin, Lilly Pad and the 07 Japan, all great coins !

Thanks for a Happy Thanksgiving day package , Glenn

1. Participating:

2. Received mission:

3. Mission Completed: sent 11-14-07

4. Package Received:

Package received!!!!

We got a SEIGO coin, a Euro 5th anniversary coin, a cammo laynard, not another micro pin,

and a ByrnedFish wooden nickle. These all came in a nicely cammo'd altoid tin!!

Thanks ByrnedFish, they're great!!!!

thanks.jpg

1. Participating - YES!!!

2. Received Name - Yup... 10/17

3. Mission Complete - Mailed out November 7th at 11:13am EST

4. Unbelieveable Package Received! - 11/19

I am not sure who my secret mission person was, but I am humbled by their generosity and ability to send me 3 coins on my seeking list..... THANK YOU....A HUGE Thank you!!!!!

I returned to work today after a week vacation in Dominica scuba diving.... It was tough returning to the office after having such a great time in the Caribbean, but coming home and seeing the package perked me up a bit and opening the envelope had me Thrilled with the coins.

I received:

Caching the Pumpkin Patch

Pink Scout Knife

Mini-Seashell

and in the holiday spirit --- Thanks for the Cache.

Wow....Thanks again, you are the best!!!!! (whoever you are?????)

IMG_4740.jpg

For those who have not received their missions, please email me at the address listed in post #1. I would like to send a group email to figure out the status of your missions. I don't believe anybody intended their missions to take this long to arrive, however, things do occur in our lives ~ silly life... always getting in the way of our coins!

Thanks for the patience and understanding, and I will get to the issue.

~J

YEA!!! We Got It!!! Just in time for Thanksgiving! Talk about great timing:) Thank you so very much to certain "flightless bird from New Zealand". Wow, this package came a long way:) We received 2 New Zealand keychains to add onto the stacks of keys and keychains we already carry, a cute little clip on kiwi bird holding a flag, a cute little lamb for our Tippi the Caching Cat (He thanks you very much:), a Keewee personal geotag, a wonderful Geocoinfest Multi Event geocoin, and a great Joe-6 pack geocoin that we can knock off of our wish list. Here is a pic, sorry for the poor lighting, the computer room is dark. Thank you so very much Keewee, we love the gifts:)

Thanksgivingmission1.jpg

Edit: To add pic

Edited by Nochipra

YEA!!! We Got It!!! Just in time for Thanksgiving! Talk about great timing:) Thank you so very much to certain "flightless bird from New Zealand". Wow, this package came a long way:) We received 2 New Zealand keychains to add onto the stacks of keys and keychains we already carry, a cute little clip on kiwi bird holding a flag, a cute little lamb for our Tippi the Caching Cat (He thanks you very much:), a Keewee personal geotag, a wonderful Geocoinfest Multi Event geocoin, and a great Joe-6 pack geocoin that we can knock off of our wish list. Here is a pic, sorry for the poor lighting, the computer room is dark. Thank you so very much Keewee, we love the gifts:)

Thanksgivingmission1.jpg

Edit: To add pic

You are very welcome. I'm glad they are starting to arrive. PHEW!

I am sorry that I didn't do more for them. I had planned to make the packages and contents far more "colourful", but external events have killed my time as of late and as such I didn't get to do all that I had planned too ;)

Cheers!

Right - time to start posting what I have received ;)

Haven't been on much lately, but have had items arriving over the last few days - so time to catch up and post about them!

Received a great package from Sequoia_2 containing:

:D an Autism Awareness Ribbon geocoin (very colourful, cool design)

and

:D a 'Blazing through Caches one at a time' trackable pin. My first trackable pin. Cool!

Thank you very much to Sequoia_2 :D

Two very nice coins.

Edited by keewee

Earlier in the week I received a leafy package in a long box from 57Chevy. Thanks for the really cool assortment of goodies in it. Very thoughtful.

:D a card (can't beat those Larsen cartoons!)

:D a keyring light (I know just the place for this!)

:D a bright orange cache container (awesome - now to find a hide for it...)

:D a cabanas (maybe I can use it to hide the cache? ;) They'll never find it!! :D )

:D a very cool leather tied TB spelling KEEWEE with tags on it reading "57 CHEVY WAS HERE" and "PLEASE LOG THIS TRAVEL BUG AT WWW.GEOCACHING.COM" - Awesome, I will get a TB tag on this asap and get it travelling

:D a Geocoin Colelcting patch - very nice... I need a bigger hat!!

:D a Hand warmer pad (useful for those cold caching days!)

:D a US Flag fridge magnet (how did you know?)

:D a TNLNSL 57Chevy "frog" sigitem (very cute)

:D a "57' Chevy Was Here TFTC" sigitem (I like it!)

Oh... and there was something else :D

What was it? :D

Oh yeah... in a velvet bag:

:D a Gabbey Road Chat Happens geocoin - labeled "Keep in N.Z." (I can see this needing to travel!)

:D a 2006 Dutch Micro - very nice

:D a Texas Geocaching Summer 2006 Geocoin (That is a BIG coin!), and...

:D a 2006 Nickel Compass Rose!!! :D (that can now come of my seeking list - Thank you very much!)

Thank you very much Tim - it was an awesome package that was filled with lots of exciting things that kept coming and coming! I hope I can return your generosity some day!!

PS. I went to post this message and got the following error: "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message"... LMAO - I wonder how many are allowed?

1. Participating -sent e-mail

2. Received Name - 10/16

3. Mission Complete 11/23

4. Package Received! 11/21 - Thanks TEAM CHELMO :D:D:D

2. Received Name -10/16

4. Package Received! NOT concerned yet due to my recent change of address.... ;)

Okay, Today I received one of my missions....thanks so much team chelmo...very sweet...I love opening the mail and finding beautiful coins.

My Misson geocoins will be mailed on Friday :D , I have already e-mailed my those involved and explained how LIFE got in the way(moved from PA to NC) ....I am sorry, but I hope you guys enjoy the coins I sent....

Steel City Babes

2. Received Name - 10/16

4. Package Received! 11/21 - Thanks TEAM CHELMO :D:D:D

2. Received Name -10/16

4. Package Received! NOT concerned yet due to my recent change of address.... ;)

Okay, Today I received one of my missions....thanks so much team chelmo...very sweet...I love opening the mail and finding beautiful coins.

My Misson geocoins will be mailed on Friday :D , I have already e-mailed my those involved and explained how LIFE got in the way(moved from PA to NC) ....I am sorry, but I hope you guys enjoy the coins I sent....

Steel City Babes

pm sent

Earlier in the week I also received an awesome boxed package from Usyoopers. Inside was thanksgivingly coloured tissue paper... and in that was:

:anibad: a cool Thanksgiving rubber ducky! Very cool!

:ph34r: a bouquet of leaves, flowers and pumpkin

:P a couple of packets of flavored Hot Spiced Cider - never seen this before and sounds real yummy - I'm looking forward to trying them out

:P a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter

:) a Usyoopers sigitem pencil

:) a Usyoopers keyring

:) a Usyoopers wooden nickel

and...

:) a green Mustang geocoin, and

:) a Bronze Halloween 2007 (Vampire) geocoin

Thank you very much guys. What an awesome package. It was a lot of fun opening it all up.

For those who have not received their missions, please email me at the address listed in post #1. I would like to send a group email to figure out the status of your missions. I don't believe anybody intended their missions to take this long to arrive, however, things do occur in our lives ~ silly life... always getting in the way of our coins!

~J

email sent! :anibad:

Late last week I received an awesome package from Tokencollector. I opened it to find lots of colourful leaves... and as I moved through the leaves and packing I found...

:anibad: a straw scarecrow (very cute)

:ph34r: an awesome wood and metal turkey (:))

:P a Tokencollector sig/trade item of a packet of Colorado Springs transport token (awesome to see these, my son loves looking though them)

:P a 2006 Scotland geocoin (WOW - very nice!),

and

:) an all time favorite of mine - the Nickel 2006 Compass Rose.

Paul - thank you very much for the awesome package and your generosity. Thank you!!

Now... to find a great place for the turkey to sit... somewhere with 'pride of place' me thinks...

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!!

Just got my Harvest Day package in on Tuesday and thought it appropriate to post it here on Thanksgiving. I received an awesome package in the mail that had all kinds of goodies in it. It was very well thought out and I got coins that were on my seeking list as well and we all know most of mine are hard to come by anymore. This mission definitely did what it was intended to do and that is put a big smile on my face and be thankful for all of my good Geocaching friends. Here is a pic of the goodies I got. Thanks Seabecktribe!!!!

HPIM1727.jpg

~J

email sent! :ph34r:

E mail sent as well :anibad: Not working tomorrow...I can spend the day stalking the mailman

Edited by TeamEccs21

Last weekend I had a wonderfully decorated box left on my back door step by the courier (I think it would have pained the mailman to deliver this by bicycle!).

rattusbaggus made it to the contents before I could - I must be getting slow! LOL

Before I knew it there were coins everywhere!

In the very well packed box of goodies were:

:P lots of foil objects (acorns, pumpkins, dots)

:) Thanksgiving cutouts

B) an awesome book on North Carolina - love these pictorial books, what a beautiful part of the country you live in

:) a cane work turkey - very cool

:) a Thanksgiving rubber duck - very cute

:) a Geobuddies went to MWGB T-shirt Tie-Dyed geocoin - cool, I love it!

B) a Canadian Micro Puck geocoin - excellent, I wanted one of these

:anibad: a Castleman 2007 geocoin - hmmm... how'd you know I missed out on this geocoin!?!!

:ph34r: a Land of Enchantment - Cache New Mexico geocoin - this thing is huge!! Chilli's... trying to grow some at the moment. Just noticed they've started to sprout so hopefully...

and

:P a DFLYE #10 Hockey Jersey geocoin! Awesome!! Thanks Dan

Thank you very much dflye for the awesome package. The metallic ribbon the coins were wrapped in was a great idea. It was a lot of fun unwrapping and unpacking it all. Thanks again :)

It is awesome to know that there are all these awesome people out there who really out do themselves when it comes to these missions. You all know who you are.

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!

And on Wednesday I received a great package from PJPeters containing:

:anibad: All-Season Caching - Spring, what a great coins this is, the shape and all that colour!

:ph34r: Ville de Quebec - Wow, the detail on this coin is just amazing. This coin has presence!!

and

:P a Tikibirds!! Yay - I have been wanting one of these awesome coins!

Thanks very much PJPeters.

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name - 10/16/07

3. Mission Complete - PRIORITY MAILED 11/15/07

4. Package Received - November 21, 2007

My package came yesterday. Inside were a whole bunch of neat items.

I got 2 coins that were on my seeking list...

a 2007 CITO geocoin and

a 2007 San Diego Geocachers geocoin (I've wanted this one for a long time - Thanks!)

Also got a San Diego Geocachers sticker, an Anza-Borrego Desert State Park sticker,

a gemstone pendant w/rope necklace, an 8-ball keyring, a plastic Triceratops dinosaur,

a California State Parks Junior Ranger badge, and a Fossillady wooden nickel.

Thanks so much Fossillady! I really like the coins and everything else in the package.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving !! :laughing::huh:

First Mission:

1. Participating - Email Sent

2. Received Name - Name(s) Received

3. Mission Complete - Mailed 11/02

4. Package Received! - YES!!

Second Mission:

Today is the first day that I have been on the internet since I left work on Friday. I decided to try to get a jump on the holiday traffic, and visit my family in Southern California - I left Friday evening. I received my second Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission package last Friday. I only had time to open the package - then had to leave for the airport. I wanted to thank my mystery person. It was an awesome package - with five coins taped to a nice Thanksgiving Day card. It had a private message thanking me for something I did a long time ago. Because of how it was packaged, I could not even see what state/country it was mailed from, so my mystery person remains a COMPLETE mystery! I would like to send my sincere thanks to my person. You really made my day. Not only were the coins FANTASTIC, but there were five coins!! My favorite coin was the interactive GPS coin - this coin had never caught my attention before (I'm relatively new at collecting coins), but I will keep this one for my collection - I love it! All five coins were fantastic, but I don't have them in front of me right now - and I have to look up the actual names of the coins I received. I want to keep each of them for my collection (I don't have any of them).

I am floored with my second Thanksgiving missions coins. I can't believe it!!! I have to go for now, but I can't leave without saying this community is awesome! Thanks to everyone - and thanks to my mystery person.

I also wanted to mention that on Friday, like TokoyoBlossom - post #250, I received a mystery package "from" me to "me" - wow, another mystery, and thank you, thank you, thank you to all mystery people.

THANK YOU! I don't know who you are - but my heart goes out to you. A big thanks!

First Mission:

Second Mission:

Today is the first day that I have been on the internet since I left work on Friday. I decided to try to get a jump on the holiday traffic, and visit my family in Southern California - I left Friday evening. I received my second Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission package last Friday. I only had time to open the package - then had to leave for the airport. I wanted to thank my mystery person. It was an awesome package - with five coins taped to a nice Thanksgiving Day card. It had a private message thanking me for something I did a long time ago. Because of how it was packaged, I could not even see what state/country it was mailed from, so my mystery person remains a COMPLETE mystery! I would like to send my sincere thanks to my person. You really made my day. Not only were the coins FANTASTIC, but there were five coins!! My favorite coin was the interactive GPS coin - this coin had never caught my attention before (I'm relatively new at collecting coins), but I will keep this one for my collection - I love it! All five coins were fantastic, but I don't have them in front of me right now - and I have to look up the actual names of the coins I received. I want to keep each of them for my collection (I don't have any of them).

I am floored with my second Thanksgiving missions coins. I can't believe it!!! I have to go for now, but I can't leave without saying this community is awesome! Thanks to everyone - and thanks to my mystery person.

I also wanted to mention that on Friday, like TokoyoBlossom - post #250, I received a mystery package "from" me to "me" - wow, another mystery, and thank you, thank you, thank you to all mystery people.

THANK YOU! I don't know who you are - but my heart goes out to you. A big thanks!

I wonder what it was that you did "long time ago" :huh: ? Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving being able to get away and Fly to see family :laughing:

wow...this is kind of strange!! guess what I got in the mail today? I got a thanksgiving mission with my name on it! I know its a mission because it says so on it, though I have not opened it yet.

I say its strange because in the beginning I signed up for a mission, yet I never received my mission, so I therefore figured that you/Paula never got my email and I sort of just decided to forget it since I kept waiting and no reply back. So now I have a package to open and yet I have never sent one!! LOL

I will send you another email tonight Paula and see if we can figure out what happened....and I"m not going to open this one...until we figure out what went wrong with me getting a person.

To whomever i got....my apologies for you not getting your package yet!! I didn't know who you were to mail you one LOL hang on tight...it might be late but it will get there by golly!!

I will confirm here after you send me my person Paula.

Thanks!

Got my person from Jim...thank you so much!! I will send it right away after viewing their list :)

To the person who sent me a package....I will open it in a few days...it will torture me and tease me both at the same time....I just want to send off my package first and yours will inspire me to finish my mission first!!! Hold tight!!! and thanks in advance LOL (the stickers look cute though!!) :P

It occurred to me a little bit ago...while cleaning up the kitchen...that anyone who hasn't gotten their package yet...will now think I am their mystery person LOL :) but I wonder if I never got your email...if others didn't too?? and no I didn't read thru 9 pages to see...i just hope not!!! oh secret mission....I'm going to stalk your list tonight :)

2. Received Name - 10/16

4. Package Received! 11/21 - Thanks TEAM CHELMO :):):D

2. Received Name -10/16

4. Package Received! 11/23 Thanks Nochipra

Received my last mission on 11/23 - didn't realize it until today, I had a package to pick up at the office. Anyways thanks Nochipra - loved the coins - and the thought into the steelers ornament and the penguin candle.

My Misson geocoins WERE mailed on Friday :) , I have already e-mailed my those involved and explained how LIFE got in the way(moved from PA to NC) ....I am sorry, but I hope you guys enjoy the coins I sent....

Steel City Babes

1. Participating - email sent :D

2. Received Name - 17/10/07 - Research underway... :)

3. Mission Complete - 3/11/07 - Package sent :D

4. Package Received - 20/11/07 :)

A little late posting but yay! My package arrived early in the week :D It was all done up in it's own pouch and inside was two more pouches all covered in leaves. Inside each was a coin, the first a Pirates of Harriman IV (these are very cool coins, love em :D ) in the other a motogrrl memorial coin, thanks. Also in the package was a hand full of geo pins, Thanks for a great package secret mission sender :)

yea! My mission caught up to me! It was sent to CO and then forwarded to me here in Indiana! It was AWESOME! The TankHounds got some yummy treats! Yea! Then I got some yummy treats too! (jelly bellies). Then I got some scrapbooking dog bones things...and I got a pencil coin, a piggy bank coin and a Stellar Jr geotag...thanks bunches and bunches! It was wrapped in gold paper and very pretty!!!

Thank you very much! It was much appreciated!

Mission I

1. Participating - email sent 2007/09/30

2. Received Name - 2007/10/16

3. Mission Complete - Sent 2007/11/10 and received!

4. Package Received! - Received 2007/11/05 :blink:

Mission II

3. Mission Complete - Sent 2007/11/10 and received!

4. Package Received! - Received 2007/11/26 ;)

Mission III

3. Mission Complete - Sent 2007/11/09 and received!

4. Package Received!

Mission IV

3. Mission Complete - Sent 2007/11/10 and received

4. Package Received!

Catching up on opening packages after getting back from vacationing in Florida; the package with my 2nd mission was in the bin of mail I picked up at the post office!! :D

Mission included a HUGE copper Calgary Stampede coin and a silver egg-shaped 2006 Spring Fling Camp Out coin in a cute Happy Thanksgiving card, all the way from down under! :D:D Thanks for the great coins, mystery sender! B)

YAHOOOO, my package caught up with me today, wow, it was awesome, I love the Tree Hangers, they will be the first on the tree tomorrow!!!

thnksgivingmission.jpg

I had wanted these and didn't even have them on my list so boy did you do good, a TATANKA PEJULA, I fell off the Wagon, San Diego cacher, a Geo Jelly, candies, the turkey which is now sitting on my keyboard, and I have to admit, I did some searching and found out I can actually thank Rivercity for this outstanding package.

Thank you Thank you Thank you, It brightened my day :D:blink:;)