Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission

CinemaBoxers

pwpumpkinblank.gif

Have a great Holloween!

fallpilg01.gif

Participating - Email sent 10/14/07 :)

Received Name - Received 10/16/07 Now the fun part starts! :)

Since I didn't have anything my mission was seeking, I now am in the middle of trades. So I thought it was time to think about packaging. OH BOY! So many ideas!

Mission Complete

Package Received

Yesterday I received a package from Tank Hounds!!!!!!

Contained three coins:

-Cache arks the Spot Where the Satelite Says it's Hot. The front side is HOT!

-Earth coin, nice picture of the earth

-Basset hound Rescue, cute dog

And two pathtags. Doobies and Indiana Fall Picinic.

Know Susan is very busy organizing the PTC and packing. Thanks for your time in preparing and sending the Thanksgiving Mission.

Accordiongal

Oopsie...forgot to post...duh...

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name yes

3. Mission Complete almost....

4. Package Received!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name Yes

3. Mission Complete Almost

4. Package Received!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name Yes

3. Mission Complete Waiting on a coin from want list..he,he,he

4. Package Received

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - 10/24/07

4. Package Received! Yes

I came back from vacation today and there were not just two, but three little gems in my mailbox! I'm really new to geocoin collecting and two of these coins I had never seen before...I was like a kid at Christmas (or a turkey at Thanksgiving)! Thank you, secret pal!

Mission 1:

1. Participating: yes, e-mail sent

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes, mailed out today (25th October)!

4. Package Received!

Mission 2:

3. Mission Complete: almost, still waiting for one coin from wish-list

4. Package Received!

Edited by Steinwälzer

Mission 1

1. Participating - Yes (10/14)

2. Received Name - Yes (10/17)

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! YES (10/26)

Mission 2

2. Received Name - Yes (10/19)

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Today was a cold and dreary wet day falling at the end of a crappy week at work. I came home for lunch and the postman soon rolled by. I went out to retrieve the mail and there was a box from Canada. The customs form let me know that it contained geocoins. I wasn't expecting any from Canada - so I carried the package to my car. Along the way it struck me - this is probably one of my Thanksgiving missions! Another look at the package exterior confirmed that I was right. The box has "Thanksgiving Mission" written on each side. I could hardly wait to get back to work to open the box and examine the contents.

When I did, I received a wonderful surprise! The package contained a box - which also contained a box (pictured below). Inside the box was a card with a Cacher Tag and a geopin attached to it. (The Cacher Tags are better looking than I expected from looking at the sales page!). Below the cacher tag was another sheet with a Tatanka Pejula coin. Below that was a series of knights on a shield guarding a Rusty Knight geocoin. And wait, there was still one more layer! When I turned to it, there seemed to be a hundred eyes staring back at me. Two of them were sitting on an AS FSM geocoin - which is was one of my MOST wanted geocoins.

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! your package brought a ray of sunshine to this dreary week!

TM1%20-%20box.jpg

TM1%20-%20contents.jpg

Yipppeeee! I received my Thanksgiving Day Mission today in the mail. :D:cool::D

I received an antique bronze Bouncy Bunny. (Although I love Penguins, I do have a soft spot for bunnies...used to collect them too.) I love this coin and have to hide it from my daughter. LOL

And I got an antique bronze Toronto coin. Love the moose. :)

Thanks so much!! :D:rolleyes:

Mission 1

2. Received Name - Yes (10/17)

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! YES (10/26)

Mission 2

2. Received Name - Yes (10/19)

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Today was a cold and dreary wet day falling at the end of a crappy week at work. I came home for lunch and the postman soon rolled by. I went out to retrieve the mail and there was a box from Canada. The customs form let me know that it contained geocoins. I wasn't expecting any from Canada - so I carried the package to my car. Along the way it struck me - this is probably one of my Thanksgiving missions! Another look at the package exterior confirmed that I was right. The box has "Thanksgiving Mission" written on each side. I could hardly wait to get back to work to open the box and examine the contents.

When I did, I received a wonderful surprise! The package contained a box - which also contained a box (pictured below). Inside the box was a card with a Cacher Tag and a geopin attached to it. (The Cacher Tags are better looking than I expected from looking at the sales page!). Below the cacher tag was another sheet with a Tatanka Pejula coin. Below that was a series of knights on a shield guarding a Rusty Knight geocoin. And wait, there was still one more layer! When I turned to it, there seemed to be a hundred eyes staring back at me. Two of them were sitting on an AS FSM geocoin - which is was one of my MOST wanted geocoins.

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! your package brought a ray of sunshine to this dreary week!

TM1%20-%20box.jpg

TM1%20-%20contents.jpg

Great imagination, Terrific spirit of giving, each item layered in a unique fashion. Fantastic package! Good job and kudos to the sender!

~J

1. Participating: yes, email sent

2. Received Name yes!!!

3. Mission Complete package mailed!! it has a ways to go, it is going OVERSEAS! And I hope it doesn't accidentaly come back as I just remembered the USPS man covering for my FAV counter person did not ask for the Customs form which is still in the bag I took everything to the PO in, :lol: Wonder why United Kingdom doesn't have its own code?

Oh, Well anyone in UK hold your breath, and it will get to you :P

4. Package Received! Not YET :) But looking forward to it :lol:

Edited by Frozen Buns

Mission 1:

3. Mission Complete: yes, mailed out today (25th October)!

4. Package Received!

Mission 2:

3. Mission Complete: yes, will be mailed out tomorrow (29th October)!

4. Package Received!

Now I can sit back and relax and wait for my missions to come in :)

Edited by Steinwälzer

Participating- You Betcha! (email sent)

Received Name-got it today...10/16, work is cut out for me now!

Mission Complete- Sent out in the mail this morning (10-28)

Package Received- Was in the mail this morning! (10-28)

That was pretty cool, dropped my package in the mail and picked this one up from the box! What a great surprise. Not many clues for who my mission partner was : (

Inside were poison ivy wipes-sure hope we never have to use them but that will be a welcome addition to the geobag, a cache log book...we've been eyeballing a spot for a new cache, this will nudge us into action!, a "Racing to the Waves" coin...really cool, looks like a boat oar on one side and a banjo on the other, The "Rhein-Nahe" geocoin....hmmm, does the poker chip give me a hint, just the letter "K" in the middle...any ideas???

THANKS my mission friend!

All I was expecting from the postman was my paycheck. Which was in there. Stuffed under a pretty hefty sized package from my (only semi-) secret person.

In the pack, I found:

Scarecrow door hanger (at least, that's where it's going)

Canada stickers

Fall-themed stickers

CHP pin

Coliseum pin

Bison Tube (how the locals will love you for that! B) )

Hogwild stuff bracelet

1 Travel Bug

And then, the coins:

Midnight FTF coin - Guilty! B)

Geocoin Forum Piranha

Hogwild's Famous Travelling Geocoin (ooohhh - shiny!)

Gabbey Road coin (PengoBeky 04)

And last, but not least - a copper micro coin that I've never seen before (that's not saying much - there's a lot I haven't seen!)

Sweet!

Merci beaucoup!

(That's one down, one to go!)

Mission 1:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! YES!!!

Mission 2:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Yesterday while I was chatting to my geocoin buddies, the mailman arrived bearing an ever-so-exciting geocoin package! Knowing I hadn't made any Canadian trades lately, I was wondering who had sent the package (I'd forgotten about the Thanksgiving Missions - GASP! B) ).

I opened it up to find one great coin I had never seen before - a Copper Calgary Stampede - yahoo!! And a satisfyingly blingy Moose Mob/Road Runner coin that I have wanted ever since I first saw it! B)

Thanks ever so much 3bubbas! B)

Now I have to get myself organised and send out my missions, seeing as though they have to travel a loooooong way!

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name - Yes 10/16/07

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! - Yes 10/30/07

:D I know it is still early but I got my package today and it wasn't too hard to figure out who it came from. It was very cool to get a package from overseas to start and it only took 5 days total. I haven't been home much in the last week since I have been working on the wildfire here in Southern California. I received two very nice coins from the United Kingdom, a Stone Circles of the United Kingdom and a Best of British. Also received a Snoopy dog from Geo-Dog and I know this is going to sound dumb but even more impressive than the new geocoin was a REAL FOSSIL from Dorset, UK. :(:(:) It is a really cool Crinoid stem that is a perfect star shape and only 157 million years old. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Hope your trip to Germany was profitable.

The Fossillady

Edited by fossillady

My trade negotiations with someone overseas seems to have stalled. It looked like there was indeed interest for one or more of the coins my secret receiver is looking for, and now there've been no response to my flurry of emails in the last week! :(

I'll hustle and look for some other trades. Sorry to my "unknown" coin receiving person!

1. Participating - YES!!! :D

2. Received Name - Name received 10/16/2007 :D Research commencing... Getting packages ready to ship...

3. Mission Complete - Mailed today, 10/31/2007

4. Package Received! - 10/22/2007 YES!!, YES, YES!!! THANK YOU!!!! ;)B):D

1. Participating - Yes!!! :D

2. Received Name - Name received 10/16/2007 :lol: Research commencing... Getting packages ready to ship...

3. Mission Complete - Mailed today, 10/31/2007

4. Package Received! 10/30/2007 YES!!, YES!! :huh::o:)

Yesterday I recieved another mysterious package in the mail. Someone (who had too much fun with their tape - LMAO - :D;):lol: ) sent me one of those fabulous Pirates of Harriman Ant. Copper/Silver w/green gem and a silver Cacher on Board. NICE!!! Thank You Very Much!!! :)

Today I mailed out both of my missions. I hope I did not get the packages mixed up... :) I guess I will find out in a few days when they get there. :P

CF30

Last Saturday, 10/26, I received a well disguised package (It said I sent it to myself!). The writing is vaguely familiar, picture to follow. I tried to find out if it was my Thanksgiving Mission one way, but didn't get anywhere on that front so I am going ahead and posting it here. (Sorry for the delay)

There wasn't anything to let me know it was a Thanksgiving themed mission package, but I suspect it could be. I think this person robbed Oakcoins and sent me some really amazing things! Also, I don't know how they did it, but they fit EVERYTHING (Geocoins, pins, patch, travel buddy tag, skins, and a bracelet) into a #000 mailer!

I'd love to thank this person, whoever you are, and if you are my Thanksgiving Mission you went WAAAAAAAAAAAY over and beyond anything I've ever seen before.

And if this wasn't my mission, any information as to who, why, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------------------------

Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission #1

1. Participating -

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Complete - 10/30/2007

4. Package Received! - Maybe?

Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission #2

1. Participating -

2. Received Name - *no list....think, think, think*

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received!

Mission 1

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name yes

3. Mission Complete Mailed 11/01

4. Package Received!

Mission 2

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name Yes

3. Mission Complete Mailled 11/01

4. Package Received!

Mission 3

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name Yes

3. Mission Complete Mailed 11/01

4. Package Received Got my first package...all the way from Germany! Steinwalzer was just too kind...we received 2 signature tokens, a ready made micro cache (complete with log and pencil!), a sticker for a GEOdrift.com cache, a Geocaching.com window cling, two teeny GC sitickers, a Silver Travel Slug coin, a Nickel Schleswig-Holsteib coin, and a Black Nickel Cache Counter!! Thank you so much, Steinwalzer...we are so thankful that we found geocaching and all the wonderful people who cache and trade coins...Happy Thanksgiving, or Harvest, Day to everyone!

Participating-Yes

Mission Recieved-Yes

Mission Mailed- Yes

Recieved package- Yes :D

I got my package today and all I can say is wow. I was not expecting it so soon though I was hopeing. I new it was the mission because of all the great turkey stickers on the package. I took the package inside and had some other things to do first so I had to wait. Well finally I got to open it and I almost cried when I saw West pottery coin and the Japan coin plus I got a bunch of other great stuff. I also recieved a TB, pin, a tropical fish non-trac, a turkey dog toy, and a address book. I especially like that you wrote a little letter to put on each item saying what you were thankful for. The address book is going to be my offical geocacher address book, and my dog is in heaven with his new toy. Thank You so much to my secret sender. :mad:

halloween07026.jpg

halloween07027.jpg

Participating-Yes

Mission Recieved-Yes

Mission Mailed- Yes

Recieved package- Yes :D

I got my package today and all I can say is wow. I was not expecting it so soon though I was hopeing. I new it was the mission because of all the great turkey stickers on the package. I took the package inside and had some other things to do first so I had to wait. Well finally I got to open it and I almost cried when I saw West pottery coin and the Japan coin plus I got a bunch of other great stuff. I also recieved a TB, pin, a tropical fish non-trac, a turkey dog toy, and a address book. I especially like that you wrote a little letter to put on each item saying what you were thankful for. The address book is going to be my offical geocacher address book, and my dog is in heaven with his new toy. Thank You so much to my secret sender. :mad:

I love that pin! Anyone have one to trade? (sorry for being off topic!) Anyway Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Ble68