Don't hide caches on Bridges

wimseyguy

Is that true? I didn't see anything mentioned about geocaching in that article. Is there another source that mentions it?
Actually, the article says the bear went over the side of the bridge to avoid traffic, so I'm going to guess the answer to your question is "No, it isn't true, but it is humorous." :blink: Edited by Too Tall John

No the bear was not going for a Geocache with food in it. If you have too literal of a mind, don't read the article just look at the picture, and think joke. :blink:

I got a chuckle out of the picture, and was a little relieved when I read the article, and realized no Geocache was involved. (I was even more relieved when they said the bear was safely removed from that situation. )

There is a very good reason for these two very important guidelines.

Here's a perfect example of what happens could occur when the guidelines are not followed. :blink:

Edited to make my somewhat obscure line of thinking more obvious for others. :huh:

Wow.. what a great story and an amazing operation to save that bear.

One of those photos with the bear on top on the arch looking down could generate some very funny "what is this bear thinking" subtitles. Can you imagine what went through the bears mind after he wakes up on the ground? He looks up at the bridge and says, "Whoa, what a dream!"

Hilarious story! And I just thought I'd throw this tidbit in, since it's vaguely related to the topic:

In my city, being on the wrong side of the railing of a city bridge is called trespassing. I'm sure many other places are the same way.

Yeah, silly but true. My lawyer didn't even know that until the cop said that at my trial.