Bike trails in Tacoma?

superhoser

A friend of mine lives out in Spanaway. He is looking for paved or gravel trails to ride, any ideas?

Hi,

There are a number of trails around the greater area. Here are a few:

Foothills Trail (East Puyallup to South Prairie)

Riverwalk (not long, in Puyallup)

Scott Pierson Trail (Tacoma)

Powerline Trail (Gig Harbor)

Western-Chehalis Trail (Lacey to Roy (I think))

The new trails around the Chambers Creek golf course

Info on these can be found by Googling, mostly parks department web sites. There are caches to be found, too....

Well, it’s nothing too terribly exciting, but you can ride the levy along the Puyallup River from Tacoma all the way to Puyallup. Start at 11th Street where it crosses the river and ride on the southern bank until you reach Lincoln Avenue. Cross the Lincoln Ave Bridge to the other side and enter the Gog-Li-Hi-Te Park. There’s a geocache around the far side that has been archived but the container remains due to ongoing construction next to the park. Then ride around the park and continue up the levy on the northern side going under Rt 509 and I5 and over some railroad tracks. Soon you’ll pop out at North Levy Road E. There’s a gate there to go around. You’ll notice that on the other side of the gate are several no trespassing signs, they are for motor vehicles- bikes are ok. From here on it’s paved. You can continue all the way into Puyallup but the road is narrow so be careful. You can see it on Google Maps.