Geocaching dog t-shirt

Hey everyone!

I made my Golden Retriever Ginger a geocaching t-shirt. I wanted to see what other people thought of it! I think it turned out really well.

I made Ginger (my dog) a travel bug (here's a link) mainly so I could keep track of the caches that she has visited but also so people can note it if they meet us. So, I decided to put that on her t-shirt and that way people who see her would know that she has a travel bug tag...

I was a little worried when I bought the tee that it might not fit her because I know sometimes dog sizes are way off and end up too small for the larger dogs, but it fits surprisingly well on her slim but deep-chested frame. It also is a lot longer (down her back) than I expected it to be.

Image/info removed as I was told the content was not allowed...

ETA: Well, if anyone wants to see Ginger's t-shirt check her travel bug's photo gallery, link above.

Edited by ChicagoCanineCrew

Nice design, looks fun!

Before this thread gets too far, wanted to remind everyone about the Forum Guidelines, linked at the top of every page, which state:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include limited commercial content in this Forum, in its sole discretion.

Classifieds advertising is permitted in the ‘GPS Garage Sale’ Forum. (Geocaching.com is not involved in these transactions) Abuse of this forum will be not be tolerated.

Nice idea to share your design, but be aware that there are guidelines against advertising it here on the forums.

Thanks.

Nice idea to share your design, but be aware that there are guidelines against advertising it here on the forums.

Thanks.

I know, that's why I did not make any mention of selling or offering anything for sale or post any commercial links that offer anything for sale. I just posted a photo of my dog wearing the t-shirt that I made for my own dog, it's one of a kind!

Now, if other people wanted to reply and ask me if the design is available I have no control over that...

Edited by ChicagoCanineCrew

To paraphrase Jay Leno, if you think your pet enjoys wearing clothes, you've only succeeded in deluding yourself.

How do you know? You don't know my pets. Actually my dog Ginger DOES enjoy wearing clothes, because she knows it gets her extra attention and she loves attention/petting almost more than food. When I put a costume on her, she starts wagging her tail and gets excited and happy.

My other dog doesn't care one bit if he is wearing something or not, he does not mind it at all, just keeps doing his usual thing...he could even be wearing a full outfit complete with hat and he will act just the same as if he is not dressed. Unfortunately this is really not the best for the Halloween costumes (I enter some costume contests for Halloween), as his usual thing is to barrel around like a steamroller and that causes a lot of wear and tear...

Can't see the t-shirt, but I love the idea of giving your dog a travel bug tag. I may have to do that for my dog, Abbie, who goes geocaching with me most of the time. I could always back date her travels. She did 9 caches with me today and we hiked about 4-5 miles! A lot for her since she is about 7lbs.

Yes, I went back and did that for the caches that Ginger had visited, so I could keep track. Luckily I had been keeping a list of caches she visited for a Dog Scout badge I was trying to earn (yes, there is such a thing as Dog Scouts!) so it was pretty easy to go through them.

That's great that you guys hiked that much! I love to see the little dogs getting out there. I had a foster Shih Tzu who was 9 lbs and he just loved hiking with the big dogs, and had no problems keep up.

Can't see the t-shirt, but I love the idea of giving your dog a travel bug tag. I may have to do that for my dog, Abbie, who goes geocaching with me most of the time. I could always back date her travels. She did 9 caches with me today and we hiked about 4-5 miles! A lot for her since she is about 7lbs.

We got Otis a trackable geo-dog coin for caching/hiking.

To paraphrase Jay Leno, if you think your pet enjoys wearing clothes, you've only succeeded in deluding yourself.

How do you know? You don't know my pets. Actually my dog Ginger DOES enjoy wearing clothes, because she knows it gets her extra attention and she loves attention/petting almost more than food. When I put a costume on her, she starts wagging her tail and gets excited and happy.

My other dog doesn't care one bit if he is wearing something or not, he does not mind it at all, just keeps doing his usual thing...he could even be wearing a full outfit complete with hat and he will act just the same as if he is not dressed. Unfortunately this is really not the best for the Halloween costumes (I enter some costume contests for Halloween), as his usual thing is to barrel around like a steamroller and that causes a lot of wear and tear...

Success!