Screw Geocoins!

Cornerstone4

Yes, it's that time again.

What time is it? It's screw time!

I was laughing at Team Shydog's comment in another thread yesterday since we had just received our samples from the mint!

We did an encore run for 2007, but this time, we made wood screws. :D (Yes, the topic description is spelled correctly.)

I haven't figured out pricing yet, but they will be affordable. I'll post pricing info in the next few days. Please let me know if you are interested so I can guage how many to make.

2b96142f-83bc-4a04-9455-1c25ad8cf389.jpg

830c9503-df97-463e-a3df-be9bf176e8d0.jpg

This is leaning a bit far out of the "family friendly" category. What do I tell my son when he asks what "getting screwed" is??? :D

I hear what you are saying, and invite you to report the post. The mods can change the heading if they feel it is pushing things too far.

However, I posted this as a tongue-in-cheek comment. I used "wood" instead of "would" to play on words.

There has been a fair amount of tension in these forums recently, and I thought the play on words was a good way to loosen things up a bit and have some fun...coins are supposed to be fun.

I aplogize for offending anyone with this.

For the record though, tell you son that "Getting Screwed" just means you are getting a"Screw" coin in the mail.

This is leaning a bit far out of the "family friendly" category. What do I tell my son when he asks what "getting screwed" is??? :D

You answer the question and tell him the truth. The younger they are the less detail they need to be happy with your answer. Also the younger they are the less likely they are to understand the nuances and even ask to begin with.

Of course nobody has to take the cheating adult side of the meaning for granted, and you could take the goof off side of the meaning and be just fine.

Yes, it's that time again.

What time is it? It's screw time!

I was laughing at Team Shydog's comment in another thread yesterday since we had just received our samples from the mint!

We did an encore run for 2007, but this time, we made wood screws. :huh: (Yes, the topic description is spelled correctly.)

I haven't figured out pricing yet, but they will be affordable. I'll post pricing info in the next few days. Please let me know if you are interested so I can guage how many to make.

2b96142f-83bc-4a04-9455-1c25ad8cf389.jpg

830c9503-df97-463e-a3df-be9bf176e8d0.jpg

I'm In!!!!

Jayman11

This is leaning a bit far out of the "family friendly" category. What do I tell my son when he asks what "getting screwed" is??? :huh:

You answer the question and tell him the truth. The younger they are the less detail they need to be happy with your answer. Also the younger they are the less likely they are to understand the nuances and even ask to begin with.

Of course nobody has to take the cheating adult side of the meaning for granted, and you could take the goof off side of the meaning and be just fine.

Yes... it is great for their education. Our son has always been very inquisitive and so we decided early on if he asked a question we would answer it - openly and honestly (maybe leaving out some of the details for now, depending on the topic).

When our son was not quite 5 he told his daycare class all about the birds and the bees... over lunch! :D

:huh:

Oh NOOOooo! :huh: I only got a complete set of the last ones a couple weeks ago!! Now we have to start all over :D

Yea, I still need the screw for the last set, will trade a nut for one if any one has an extra. :huh:

And will trade 2 of my new personal metals for one of the new wood screws. :D

No one would believe the projects I do, it might just come in handy. :D

This is leaning a bit far out of the "family friendly" category. What do I tell my son when he asks what "getting screwed" is??? :huh:

Yes... it is great for their education. Our son has always been very inquisitive and so we decided early on if he asked a question we would answer it - openly and honestly (maybe leaving out some of the details for now, depending on the topic).

When our son was not quite 5 he told his daycare class all about the birds and the bees... over lunch! :D

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, I feel your pain (red face) LOL

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, I feel your pain (red face) LOL

Tell me about it. We laugh now about it... but at the time... Oh dear!