Geocaching game scavenger hunt?

roboknight

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a geocache event and would love to have some sort of scavenger hunt with caching. Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know.. Thanks

Might be a stupid or a great idea...dunno. I was thinking that maybe you could find a certain number of "points of interest" (like virtual caches) Give the cachers the coordinates for these virtuals (and a time limit), require them to either photograph each of them or get info from them to prove they were there. When they get back to the starting point with the required proof, they get the coordinates for the big final cache. First one to the final gets the good stuff and a certificate.

Here's one that I attended... it was absolutely awesome! We had a huge number of people playing as well.

(GC10K2V) The Sonoma County Cachevenger Hunt

There were 5 caches placed who's swag included a stack of scavenger hunt item lists. The lists had the items ranked by points (the harder the find, the more points you got). So you found the cache, then started hunting the items as well as a few other caches along the way. I drove over 200 miles and nearly reached all four corners of Sonoma County (see my log)

We had a blast!

DCC

We just had a scavenger hunt event last Saturday. We hid 25 temporary caches (it took us 2 days to do that) and we also hid 10 listed caches( published at 1500, the time the event was over) We had 87 people attend the event and only 2 people did not participate d/t health reasons. We gave the coordinates out at the event and there was a two hour time limit. They had to find the caches and bring back one item from each cache they found. After the scavenger hunt, awards, raffle prizes, and coin discover we gave the coordinates to the 10 freshly published (on GC.com of course) cache hides out to the event attendees for the mad dash for FTF. All said they had a good time. Questions? Contact us through our profile. :D

We did a geocache bingo - hid the caches for the event (about 40, and 32 became permanent) and each of the caches had a individiual inked stamp for the game. Then we made up bingo cards. Cachers could go after any of the caches and try to fill up a card (four corners, or lines) and we had cute little prizes.

Problem with that is that everyone spends the time caching at the event instead of sitting around talking about their adventures.

You might try a craft theme. With Halloween coming up you could do something like build a jack-o-lantern. Might be fun for the kids. Hand everybody a pumpkin cut out or printout and then have them find the eyes, nose, and mouth excetera in the caches to paste on the pumpkin. Any kind of craft that you can assemble would work- maybe something they can take home and display(frig magnet,etc.). Something nice you can afford to make a lot of.

Edited by Luckless

Here's one that I attended... it was absolutely awesome! We had a huge number of people playing as well.

(GC10K2V) The Sonoma County Cachevenger Hunt

There were 5 caches placed who's swag included a stack of scavenger hunt item lists. The lists had the items ranked by points (the harder the find, the more points you got). So you found the cache, then started hunting the items as well as a few other caches along the way. I drove over 200 miles and nearly reached all four corners of Sonoma County (see my log)

We had a blast!

DCC

Yup!! Moozer did a great job with this one! This was the first event I had ever been too having only been caching for two months at the time. What a great day! The meet & greet at the diner later was fun too!

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a geocache event and would love to have some sort of scavenger hunt with caching. Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know.. Thanks

Thank to everyone for the great ideas!! I sure do appreciate it and will be working on one for our halloween event.. Thanks so much!

I just attended an event last weekend that had a Geocache Bingo game, but instead of going to caches and finding stamps, etc, each of the blocks was set to encourage you to meet other cachers.

Find a geocacher that has over 1500 finds

Find a geocacher with less than 100 finds

Find a geocacher that has cached in another country.

Etc, etc.

It was a fun way to introduce yourself to others there.