Help!

MACE4

I know this is a shot in the dark but is there any way to track where your GPS are by serial number or any other way.

I am relatively new to the game and only a few months ago bought myself a new Magellan eXplorist 600. A couple of weekends ago I went camping and sinse then my GPS is missing. Don't know if it was misplaced, stolen or lost??

Tought it is worth asking.

I know this is a shot in the dark but is there any way to track where your GPS are by serial number or any other way.

I am relatively new to the game and only a few months ago bought myself a new Magellan eXplorist 600. A couple of weekends ago I went camping and sinse then my GPS is missing. Don't know if it was misplaced, stolen or lost??

Tought it is worth asking.

Sorry to tell you this, but nope. There is no way for your unit to transmit a location assuming it is turned on and receiving satellites.

Perhaps at least you can be consoled with the knowledge that this sort of thing happens fairly often. Although I've unwittingly tried to lose my GPS a number of times, I've failed. I am on my 4th or 5th PDA though.

One way to reduce the possibility of this happening is to get a camera bag big enough for the GPS, take off any strap, and carabiener it through a belt loop on your pants. When you are using your GPS, *NEVER* set it down. ALWAYS put it in the bag.