Kidney Lake Forestry School South of Swan Hills Alberta

wcp

3jaze has a good idea as does jp although you'd have more luck with a legal description as this is a bush camp. Don't be fooled by the 1:50000 topo map sheet named Kidney Lake is for another lake much further north. I downloaded the four sheets around Swan Hills (link) but a quick scan turned up nothing. It may be further out from the town or the lake is un-named on the map.

If you do find it please post the coordinates. I spent several weeks there decades ago as a student of the NAIT Forest Technology program.

We do have caches south of Swan Hills, but I've never heard of Kidney Lake. It doesn't show up on a search of the Toporama NTS maps either. I don't have Google Earth, and that might be better. I called NAIT and the receptionist knew it was closer to Whitecourt than to Swan Hills, and somewhere between those two towns, but that's all I got out of her. If Mr. Belfrypotters ever answers the phone at home I'll ask him, because he's also a graduate of Forest Tech at NAIT, although at the time he attended they did all their field work at Hinton. But if PDOPs can't find it, and he's actually been there, then I'm not sure Mr. Belfrypotters will be much help. If I find anything out I'll post, but your best bet might be to call one of the instructors at NAIT.

We do have caches south of Swan Hills, but I've never heard of Kidney Lake. It doesn't show up on a search of the Toporama NTS maps either. I don't have Google Earth, and that might be better.

I tried all the usual avenues of searching including Google but had no luck. There are a lot of Kidney Lakes in the world.

PDOPs can't find it, and he's actually been there, then I'm not sure Mr. Belfrypotters will be much help.

That was decades ago and I was studying in the back of the bus :ph34r: That's my story and I'm sticking to it :( If I dug deep enough in my old stuff I probably have field notes with the legal description from the survey labs but I think I'll let others do the heavy lifting.
............. and now all you've gotta do is put a cache there
That's one I'd be sure to do.

The lake is at the top of map sheet 083J06 available here

The coordinates plot out a little off at the north end of the lake while the camp looks to be at 54° 29.140' 115° 18.597'.

NAIT.jpg

NAITge.jpg

Edited by PDOP's