Advive on activating coins

PLnauta

Hi,

i'm just starting a collection <_< and have some troubles on deciding what to do with the coins, regarding its activation.

Should I activate the coins in the collection?

Should i maintain the coins unactivated?

Should i activate them and keep both numbers (track and activation code);

Is this late option acepted if i want to trade some coins, or do you prefer trades with unactivated coins.

Thanks

ps. sorry read "advice" and not "advive" <_<

Edited by PLnauta

Comparing to most of the other people here I am still a newbie in collecting coins, but that's what I do: I activate all my keepers. I like to have the icons in my profile. When I buy coins, I try to buy at least two of each, one for my collection and one for trades (which I don't activate). If I can't afford two, I just buy one for my collection.

Until now I haven't kept the activation codes, but I learned that it is better to keep them. When you have to trade for an activated coin you can adopt it. You don't need the activation code for that, but if you have the activation code, you can change the release date and location of that coin. I didn't know that until I read about that here in the forum, and now I try to keep the activation code for the rare moment when I might trade for one of my activated coins.

Comparing to most of the other people here I am still a newbie in collecting coins, but that's what I do: I activate all my keepers. I like to have the icons in my profile. When I buy coins, I try to buy at least two of each, one for my collection and one for trades (which I don't activate). If I can't afford two, I just buy one for my collection.

Until now I haven't kept the activation codes, but I learned that it is better to keep them. When you have to trade for an activated coin you can adopt it. You don't need the activation code for that, but if you have the activation code, you can change the release date and location of that coin. I didn't know that until I read about that here in the forum, and now I try to keep the activation code for the rare moment when I might trade for one of my activated coins.

Thanks. That second part of your anwser was really precious!

I just re-read my answer and discovered that I didn't wrote what I wanted to write <_<

What I meant in the first paragraph is if you want to keep the coins in your collection it is up to you if you want to activate it. You will get the icon in your profile and if you go to events other collectors can "discover" that coin and will get that icon, too, in their profile. If you loose your coin somewhere, it can be tracked back to you and is not lost completely. If you want to trade a coin, don't activate it, as most people prefer to trade for non-activated coins. They might trade for activated coins and adopt them, but if they can choose, they will trade for non-activated coins.

Hope this is clear now <_<