Monopoly Series

allieballie

There's been stuff on the news today about this new Monopoly Board which encompasses cities over the entire country, and I see there has already been a cache set in connection to this.

However, I wanted to know, just for curiosity, whether there had ever been, or if anyone had ever thought about doing, a London cache series based on the traditional Monopoly locations?

However, I wanted to know, just for curiosity, whether there had ever been, or if anyone had ever thought about doing, a London cache series based on the traditional Monopoly locations?

Yes, there was about 5 years ago. They were set by tophat, (where is he now?) and are archived. They were called The London Monopoly Board Series and were most enjoyable but the whole board was never set.

The following is the link for part 1

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a1-23a187df1735

There's been stuff on the news today about this new Monopoly Board which encompasses cities over the entire country, and I see there has already been a cache set in connection to this.

I wonder if anyone who tries doing Monopoly caches might fall foul of Hasbro's rabid copyright lawyers. They protect their trademarks with extreme mean-spiritedness, and will probably force any use of Monopoly concepts offline pretty quickly. <_<

Yes, there was about 5 years ago. They were set by tophat, (where is he now?) and are archived. They were called The London Monopoly Board Series and were most enjoyable but the whole board was never set.

The following is the link for part 1

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a1-23a187df1735

This was exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about - looks like it would have been really good fun - what a shame that it was never finished and that they are now archived anyway.

I was just asking out of interest really - it seemed such an obvious thing to base a cache series around yet a quick search (for caches around the Strand area!) revealed nothing as far as Monopoly was concerned.

Maybe someone will resurrect it? If only I lived in London then I would do you all a Monopoly multicache series.... :(

Deep Digging Mole has a puzzle cache called "Monopoly Mayhem". As I'm not really a fan of puzzle caches I don't know if this is what you are looking for. (But don't worry Tim - I am a fan of your other caches!)

Yes I do have a 'monopoly' based multi - GCK4G5 - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...36-f5f9e2e81bd7

This does use the monopoly board as a basis for obtaining the co-ords for a final cache - not has hasbro on my back as yet