Designing coins

Ble68

I use the very basics...a pencil and a piece of paper. :lol:

Then I scan it as a jpeg. That's it. I know there are a lot of illustrator programs but they are pretty expensive.

That is what I do now :D but I wanted to design for the pathtag club and it has to be on their template. Would it work if I drew it on that and scanned it? :D:laughing: Thank you!

I use the very basics...a pencil and a piece of paper. :lol:

Then I scan it as a jpeg. That's it. I know there are a lot of illustrator programs but they are pretty expensive.

That is what I do now :D but I wanted to design for the pathtag club and it has to be on their template. Would it work if I drew it on that and scanned it? :D:laughing: Thank you!

I don't know their requirements but I use word and paint for some of the simple stuff. Otherwise I would recommend spending the $25-$30 that some of the artist charge. It will be worth it.

I've only done a couple; the first coin was designed in pencil, with the (Navy) command logos that went into the design provided in various graphic formats as separate files. The good folks at coinsforanything.com turned all of this around into a complete coin graphic in something like two days. I still have no idea how they pulled that off and I would LOVE to know!

The next two I did, I threw together using PaintShopPro 7. But I know there has to be a better way -- still haven't quite figured out the ins and outs of vector graphics here.

The old-fashioned way, pencil, paper and a camera. I don't know anything about the programs out there, maybe one day when I have time on my hands to take some computer/program type courses I will. I just throw on some relaxing music, get in the 'zone', and before you know it, several hours have passed and the beginnings of something are starting to come together. It's probably way more time consuming to do it this way but I enjoy it. You can also label/color in everything just like the computer designers do, except that you have to learn how to 'label' it and you can do that by asking around. Have fun if you give anything a try!

~tsun <_<