2008 Pay It Forward Nominations

pay_it_forward

With the success of the 2007 Pay It forward project, and the 2008 coins in our hands it is time to open up the project once more to nominations and trades.

300 coins have been minted, 250 in a nickel finish, these coins can only be obtained by being nominated or volunteering for the project. 50 Limited Edition Gold coins are available for trades, or prizes at an event.

If you know of someone who gives back to the community (that does not only mean the GCing community they could volunteer in other areas of their life, or give back in some significant way) Please email pif.nominations@gmail.com, to help keep track of the nominations only names sent to this address will be considered to receive coins.

If you would like to trade for one of the limited edition gold coins, or have an event that would like to auction one for charity please email pif.trades@gmail.com

Coins will begin shipping to volunteer hiders December 1st so that recipient's can get them before the end of the year.

Love and Light

PIF

With the success of the 2007 Pay It forward project, and the 2008 coins in our hands it is time to open up the project once more to nominations and trades.

300 coins have been minted, 250 in a nickel finish, these coins can only be obtained by being nominated or volunteering for the project. 50 Limited Edition Gold coins are available for trades, or prizes at an event.

If you know of someone who gives back to the community (that does not only mean the GCing community they could volunteer in other areas of their life, or give back in some significant way) Please email pif.nominations@gmail.com, to help keep track of the nominations only names sent to this address will be considered to receive coins.

If you would like to trade for one of the limited edition gold coins, or have an event that would like to auction one for charity please email pif.trades@gmail.com

Coins will begin shipping to volunteer hiders December 1st so that recipient's can get them before the end of the year.

Love and Light

Just a quick question? What do you mean by Volunteer Hiders?

PIF

Are these coins different than the 2007 coin?

I woudl like to nomniate the Geo_Leprecahun If you could find his address or track him down. I think just send coins out and ropping them in caches just to make people happy is such a worthy cause and should be acknowledged in some manner.

Yes all four years 2007-2010 are different and make a complete set.

Love and Light

PIF

How the process works:

1) People nominate others to receive a coin

2) We collect the data and check out the nominee's

3) We contact the nominators to see if they are geographically close enough to the people they have nominated to hide a personal cache containing the coin for the recipient. if you would like to see a document we have prepared about this you can download it Here.

4) If they are not close enough to hide a cache for the recipient we start looking for a cacher in the area that might be willing to hide a personal cache for the recipient.

5) Once we have a way to get a coin to the nomanee coins are shipped via mail to the people agreeing to hide them.

6) Small personal caches are hidden and the co-ordinates/hints are emailed to us so that an email informing the recipient that they have been nominated, and awarded a coin.

7) They go pick up their coin, smile and hopefully Pay It Forward.

Love and Light

PIF

How the process works:

1) People nominate others to receive a coin

2) We collect the data and check out the nominee's

3) We contact the nominators to see if they are geographically close enough to the people they have nominated to hide a personal cache containing the coin for the recipient. if you would like to see a document we have prepared about this you can download it Here.

4) If they are not close enough to hide a cache for the recipient we start looking for a cacher in the area that might be willing to hide a personal cache for the recipient.

5) Once we have a way to get a coin to the nomanee coins are shipped via mail to the people agreeing to hide them.

6) Small personal caches are hidden and the co-ordinates/hints are emailed to us so that an email informing the recipient that they have been nominated, and awarded a coin.

7) They go pick up their coin, smile and hopefully Pay It Forward.

Love and Light

PIF

Oh ok, I was thinking that you wanted to have some of your coins distributed in other areas and would send coins to be placed in caches? I didn't realize it was nominee related? I'm in Va so I would not be able to place a cache for Sonny and Sandy since I am not even close to California. If you ever decide you want some coins placed in caches out here on the east coast in Va let me know, I'd be glad to bring some smiles to peoples faces out here:) Take care.

I woudl like to nomniate the Geo_Leprecahun If you could find his address or track him down. I think just send coins out and ropping them in caches just to make people happy is such a worthy cause and should be acknowledged in some manner.

That's a stunning nomination . . . :rolleyes: Good thinkin . . . <_< If only we knew who that pesky Leprechaun was . . . <_<

Hmmm... I probably shouldn't nominate the same person as last year (or maybe I should, they still deserve it)... and any others who I might be likely to nominate are in different counties... Mind you... I could make the hide and then encourage them to fly over! <_<

many people who received coins last year have been nominated again.

Love and Light

PIF

Edited by pay_it_forward

That's a stunning nomination . . . <_< Good thinkin . . . :rolleyes: If only we knew who that pesky Leprechaun was . . . :rolleyes:

Never under estimate the P.I.F. spies, we do know how to get a coin into little guys hands (assuming of course he is not biting at the time <_< ) We even got coins to the GeoCoin Fairy and Geocoin Secret Agent last year.

The moral of the story, nominate the people you see as people who give, we will find them and get a coin into their hands.

Love and Light

PIF

OK this is embarassing, but I am having a blonde moment. I have asked to trade for a LE gold, and one is on its way, but I haven't been told what coin you'd like in return. Do I choose a coin to send to you, or am I just really dense and missed the whole idea? :huh:

I am, of course, more than happy to do whatever is required of me ;) I's just thick :blink: