Ebay etiquette

Cornerstone4

Many many collectors have had to sell their coins because of hardship and most are helped out and some were even able to keep their coins. Do collectors like to sell their prized possesions no. She obviously is in a hard situation here the least people could do is care and maybe bid on the coin instead of giving her crap for it. Like AnT said so much for a caring community

Seriously? We are talking about people here, about integrity. It really has little to do with the coin, the coin was just the door that opened to something much deeper.

Spare me.

This isn't about integrity at all. It's her coin and she can do what she wants with it. It doesn't make her a bad person.

Seems to me that the only people who are less than pure in this issue are the people who have bashed this kind woman who has done so much for the geocoin collectors out there.

Again, so much for a "friendly" community.

I will cancel my Yime auction.

Send the coin back to me, and I'll send you a dozen coins that'll sell for more money and cover your inconvenience. Or by all means, just sell the coin and let's stop the trainwreck. Quite frankly, I'm up to my neck in guilt trips, and I'll do just about anything to end this. With all due respect, we all face personal hardships. I wish you luck with yours. But it certainly wasn't my intention to create something so amazingly intricate that it actually solves problems. It's a geocoin, not a life saver.

It's nice to know people here place a stupid coin over a person.

The priorities I have seen exposed here makes me sick.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. So much for this "nice" community.

:P

A&T...let me address this, since I am the one that started this post:

You know how I feel about the issue since I laid it out in my OP.

However, I would never say a coin is more important than any individual here in the forums. There have been many causes here in the forums and the overwhelming response and support of the community here goes without saying. There have been very large sums of money raised for families or individualy in need, and for those who have lost loved ones...so please don't throw that accusation out.

This entire scenario would have been avoided if the coin in question would have been traded for mulitple coins. I got 14 coins for the LE Lacey I traded, so I know this first hand. There will be someone out there willing to give up a lot of coins for something as sought after as a Gold Yime.

That being said, I also know from others in the group that Fluttershy is making a few different flavors of Jellies on this next run. So, while I have sympathy for anyone going through financial hardship, I am having trouble totally buying that. If money is that hard to come by, I just don't understand spending a fairly decent amount on a new coin run.

Forgive me for that statement, because I am totally passing judgement on this person, and I don't know all the details...but it just doesn't add up.

Many many collectors have had to sell their coins because of hardship and most are helped out and some were even able to keep their coins. Do collectors like to sell their prized possesions no. She obviously is in a hard situation here the least people could do is care and maybe bid on the coin instead of giving her crap for it. Like AnT said so much for a caring community

Sorry, I type too slow...please see my reply to A&T.

That being said, I also know from others in the group that Fluttershy is making a few different flavors of Jellies on this next run. So, while I have sympathy for anyone going through financial hardship, I am having trouble totally buying that. If money is that hard to come by, I just don't understand spending a fairly decent amount on a new coin run.

Forgive me for that statement, because I am totally passing judgement on this person, and I don't know all the details...but it just doesn't add up.

You're right. I have been in denial about being able to manage paying for the GeoJellies.

I love the little things, don't know quite why. I thought I'd be able to manage by the 30th, to pay for them...

My addiction to coins doesn't add up, especially when I've spent my savings to get my stuff to England.

I'll send Jim an email now...

I don't really mind what has been said here. I guess you've helped me in a way...

Thank you.

This isn't Geocide.

I'm just quite sad, and don't feel very happy with what I've caused.

I'm not going to respond to any posts for awhile. Time to focus on actually moving to the UK.

I do appreciate your comments. I've read every one. It's important to know that I caused

hurt, when I was just being Selfish. I won't forget it.

I'll be around, just don't think I'll respond to this thread for now.

Thanks,

~Fluttershy

The coin was a gift to the seller for showing exceptional kindness on these forums. Whenever I sent out any Golden Yime, I specifically asked the receipient to do anything they like with it except part with it for profit. As you can see, profit won. Lesson learned.

It would probably be a good idea to contact the person who's coin you're going to sell. Give them a chance to buy it back before it goes on the auction block.

Edited by Shop99er

-snip

I'm just quite sad, and don't feel very happy with what I've caused.

-snip

Thanks,

~Fluttershy

I guess I don't know how to respond...

It's ok to make mistakes in life, and most people, even in these forums, are very forgiving if you are straight with them. I think the real issue here is the spirit in which the coin was given to you, and what the coin stood for. Maybe you didn't realize how it would be interpreted...that's ok too. You've said you were goiong to cancel the auction. If that's your intent, then do it, aplogize to Yime, and let's all move on.

Or, you could decide you really need the money, let the auction run it's course, and don't worry about what anyone thinks. Just be honest about it. Or sell it to pay for the jellies...I don't care.

Just stand for what you believe is right, or what is within your rights, and do it. End of story. There are reactions to everything we do in life. I debated a while before continuing to respond since I know I will get some angry notes about this...but I felt strong enough to state my opinion...and I will face any backlash I receive.

You're not going to stand alone Dave. I can wear the same jacket, just don't hog it :P

I totally forgot about the GeoJellies roster, and well, I dunno. It's been said many times, but there plenty of ways to handle this situation that didn't involve blindly firing a Yime on Ebay. I really wanted to trade you that Johnny Lacy, but in your situation, trading it for "sellers" was totally cool. I do that all the time.

Actually, there are times that I hear of a trade only coin going to the block, and well, I'll trade my a** off for it, just to keep it in a trade slot. I've also sent those traded for coins back to the original owners. In fact, I have one now that the owner is going to be surprised to see when I hand deliver it to him in October.

Point is, when you grow as a community, people ask that you tread with respect. Pretty simple. I'm still not impressed.

Point is, when you grow as a community, people ask that you tread with respect. Pretty simple. I'm still not impressed.

Yep not about coins but about respect.

Steph is all about helping people in need but this is not someone in need. She is not on hard times with a financial burden or medical problems. She is jobless by choice, moving across the pond by choice, selling coins by choice. She wants to make a buck. No sympathy for her from me she should be sad and ashamed. <edited to not be a personal attack>

-J

Edited by ParentsofSAM

It's nice to know people here place a stupid coin over a person.

The priorities I have seen exposed here makes me sick.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. So much for this "nice" community.

:laughing:

You never cease to amaze me with your varying opinions, none of which are consistent with your previous opinion.

Are you putting this stupid coin above a person, maybe this guy had hardships, maybe he lost his job, maybe his child was sick, who knows, but he was still wrong and you want to ban him/her. It is great to have opinions, but changing them daily is tiresome.

Edited by prntr1
Yep not about coins but about respect.

Steph is all about helping people in need but this is not someone in need. She is not on hard times with a financial burden or medical problems. She is jobless by choice, moving across the pond by choice, selling coins by choice. She wants to make a buck. No sympathy for her from me she should be sad and ashamed. But I bet she loves this drama thread surrounding her she lives for it, drama queen.

-J

Wow...I really don't know what to say that wouldn't get me banished from the forums, so I'll just keep this one to myself.

You never cease to amaze me with your varying opinions, none of which are consistent with your previous opinion.

Are you putting this stupid coin above a person, maybe this guy had hardships, maybe he lost his job, maybe his child was sick, who knows, but he was still wrong and you want to ban him/her. It is great to have opinions, but changing them daily is tiresome.

There's a difference between an obvious scam and Fluttershy's situation. Apples and oranges, entirely.

If this guy had problems, he could have stated that, even in the most general terms. He did nothing. Instead, he comes back under a sock to trade off the coins that people paid for and never got.

Fluttershy needs the money to do something she wants to do to advance her life. There is no misrepresentation, no scam.

My opinions are solid and unwavering. Next time, try to come up with a relevant example.

As a seller (and I rarely sell) I don't leave feedback until I know the person has received the coin and there are no problems with the transaction. Some people can be unreasonable, and I don't want to leave good feedback until I'm sure the transaction is complete, and they are happy.

I disagree with this practice.

Well, the person is not receiving feedback on "if they are happy." They are to be receiving feedback on if they paid you on time and communicated with you, followed your terms, etc. So I post feedback the evening the item ships. Sure that's come back to bite me in the arse a few times, but I can and do live with that. I know I'm a great seller. I'll take the negatives in stride, especially when I receive them for something I had no control over.

You are a great seller and far more experienced than me. But I wouldn't post a negative just because they did. I just don't feel the transaction is done until I know they received it. Usually the only way I know is through feed back. Of course if they email me they received it, then I go ahead and post positive feedback. And I've always let them know that I will post their feed back when I know they recieved the item, or 10 days after I've mailed the item. Some people don't leave feed back, but I want to make sure that I always do.

I only commented to this because I am on the complete opposite side as you and to explain how I view feedback.

But a lot of eBay sellers DO hold back feedback just in case the buyer gives them an unfavorable rating. And I am totally against that practice. I won't post retalitory feeback just because I am ticked off at the buyer's behavior.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I am surprised a person who flat out begged for the coin in question is now selling it. Bad memories or not. Very shocking to me.

The auction I was referring to was a simple auction, and not even coin related. The item I bought turned out to be garbage. It was only shipped 20 miles and charged shipping through the NOSE for it. When it got here, it was folded in two. He didn't even bother with a piece of cardboard to back it up. :laughing::lol::D:D So now I'm stuck NOT being able to be honest about it or he'll trash MY rating. :D:D:D

I guess I am old fastion, I would never sell a trade only and or a gift coin. It's all about respect.

I had an LE Lacey that I had traded for. I decided I didn't want it, and was going to list it. Mr. Lacey asked that I not list it, so I negotiated a trade for some coins that I could sell. It was a bit more work, but I got coins to list, the person I traded with got a great coin, and Mr. Lacey is happy. Win, Win, Win.

This above is a prime example of what "should" be done on these rare occasions we need to part with a coin due to finances, hardship, and or lack of desire to hold a coin any longer.

I while back I bought (3) 4BOWS coins after some research I found that they themselfs had very few remaining, rather then ebaying the extras I bought (yes I ebay) I contacted them and let them buy them back at my cost out of respect rather then selling their personal coin, even though I had bought them from a coin house that evidently had some over stock that was being sold..

I cherish gift coins the very most, and if one day I find myself in a situation needing to part with these coins I would contact the person that "gifted" the coin to me prior to doing anything with it as I know where most every coin I have attained came from. If not remembered I would try to contact the coin maker (personal coin) to find out what they wanted me to do with the coin once again plain old fastion respect.

Pertaining to coins that were sold comercial , they are fair game to be sold,

All of the above content is "my" personal opinion, Glenn

Agreed. If everyone followed this approach then coin collectors in distress would have an avenue to raise funds without compromising the integrity of the no-sell request. An extra step maybe but one that goes a long way.

You're right. I have been in denial about being able to manage paying for the GeoJellies.

I love the little things, don't know quite why. I thought I'd be able to manage by the 30th, to pay for them...

My addiction to coins doesn't add up, especially when I've spent my savings to get my stuff to England.

I'll send Jim an email now...

I didn't intend for this thread to be about Fluttershy. I've shared lot's of emails with Yimey over the years, and we have gifted each other coins in the past as well. So, I was pretty upset when I saw the coin listed. That was the reason I opened this thread. We have had discussions over reminting and other issues that I feel the consensus of the community has drifted on over time.

I'm not saying that it is bad or wrong...it is just different. I was wondering if the same was occuring here. It is now clear to me that it isn't.

As far as the jellies go, I wasn't trying to mess up the order process. I know they are getting ready to order them, so Jim, if this messes up your order, let me know and I'll buy them. I don't care what colors they are...if I don't like them, there is always Ebay. I just don't want you to be stuck with coins because of a thread I started.

I think the good that has come out of this C4 is that I (and others) see that some things haven't changed. I really didn't know the answer until this thread came up, as so much has evolved from the beginning. I think it's good for everyone to know, as I'm sure some newbies wouldn't have a clue that it's not an accepted practice.

For those in this thread bashing the people in here, shame on you.... I've seen first hand how many of you "chat" on that chat board of yours. It would get you banned in here the way you spit venom about people, so don't come in here and talk about us not being a nice community, we would never talk about others the way you do.

Before this thread gets any more personal, and before any more personal issues are brought up that do not need to be aired in public, I am closing this thread.

E-baying coins is a subject there will always be differing opinions on, and I think we've heard all sides of it. Enough said.