GSAK question

runewell

I use GSAK to send waypoints into my Garmin unit. The difficulty/terrain always come in as 1/1 even if that's not really the case. Is there a way to get the true values to show up automatically?

This is what I use on my Garmin. It should get you what you are looking for.

%con1 = One letter indicating the container type

%dif = Difficulty in full

%name = Cache name

%ter = Terrain in full

%typ1 = One letter indicating the cache type

This is what I have in GSAK:

%name D(%dif) T(%ter) C(%con1) TR(%ter)

I use GSAK to send waypoints into my Garmin unit. The difficulty/terrain always come in as 1/1 even if that's not really the case. Is there a way to get the true values to show up automatically?

Are you getting the .gpx files instead of the .loc files. I use this code for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This gives me part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), and the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale). As long as I have a .gpx file with the information in it, the %dif1 and %ter1 show the correct rating.

co

Are you getting the .gpx files instead of the .loc files. I use this code for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This gives me part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), and the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale). As long as I have a .gpx file with the information in it, the %dif1 and %ter1 show the correct rating.

I do a similar thing except I use this code so it is compatible with Boulter's awesome Express Logger:

%typ1%con1%drop2 %ter1