BUG: Number of finds ... are without webcam

Biggi_H

Today my number of finds are shown without webcam-caches.

since yesterday it was shown correct. Bug or Feature ???

Having the same issue. My stat bar shows 2 less cache finds than I actually have.

If I go into my profile and click on "Geocaches", it shows the correct number, and if I run the "My Finds" pocket query, the number is accurate, but the Stat Bar seems to not be adding the Webcam caches to the total.

Today my number of finds are shown without webcam-caches.

since yesterday it was shown correct. Bug or Feature ???

Having the same issue. My stat bar shows 2 less cache finds than I actually have.

If I go into my profile and click on "Geocaches", it shows the correct number, and if I run the "My Finds" pocket query, the number is accurate, but the Stat Bar seems to not be adding the Webcam caches to the total.

Had the same issue here, but now if I click on "Geocaches" it has taken off the webcams too.

I don't think it is webcam caches. I think it is caches that have more than one found it log on the same cache by the same person. I have 6 of those for various reasons ... moving caches ... replacement caches where owner said to find and log it again, etc. I have 7 webcam caches but my total is showing 6 less.

If it were double finds, then the "My Finds" pocket query would show that. It would show as having something like 200 finds on 195 unique caches.

This query for my account shows the correct number of finds and shows them as all unique caches which they are. Also, within my profile page, on the "Geocaches" tab, it shows my total as the correct number and the breakdown of cache types is correct.

The current problem only appears to be with the Stat Bar and the way it is calculating the total find count.

I've been as puzzled as the rest of the users of this forum about

this bug diverting our statistics from accurate readings.

I think it's a coincidence that the amout of missing finds equals

the number of our web-cam caches found.

On the other hand... I just wonder if this can have roots in

old cache log-listings. The number of 2003 caches found

for us is 15+1 (+1 is common little error in looping control).

Anyway. I made this clip-n-paste to point out that in some

parts of the system the total is ok and the problem seems

to be in this "My account" -profile briefing.

c8d7ac20-019b-47a9-94f4-5ddceeebe275.jpg

Member A from Team Pitkis

I don't think it is webcam caches. I think it is caches that have more than one found it log on the same cache by the same person. I have 6 of those for various reasons ... moving caches ... replacement caches where owner said to find and log it again, etc. I have 7 webcam caches but my total is showing 6 less.

I thought that too (since I do have one of those.....a cache where after "muggling" it went micro and was moved 900 ft. so I found and logged it since that kind of is a different cache), but I think it's the webcam caches because my brother-in-law is showing 2 finds missing. He does not have any "double logs" but does have 2 webcam finds. So I think it IS webcams, though your 7 vs. 6 is kind of strange. Also, I noticed a lot of other find logs where the numbers did not drop, and the one thing I found in common is they didn't have any "webcam" finds.

As a test, I deleted one of the two finds in the "double find" cache. My "profile total" (the page someone showed earlier in this thread detailing the different cache types and number found) dropped from the "correct" number by one and now matched the total given in find logs, which didn't change.

So then I deleted another find entry from another cache, hoping that it would drop both of them by one, and weirdly, it dropped only the "profile total" by one. I've since put the deleted logs back in. Very strange, I hope they rectify it.......

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Bug fixed?

Today the numbers in StatBar and User Profile cache details got synch again.

I would very much like to know if some fix was introduced or must this

situation remain in the "grey zone". At least it would be polite to let

people know if something was actually done. :P

Bug fixed?

Today the numbers in StatBar and User Profile cache details got synch again.

I would very much like to know if some fix was introduced or must this

situation remain in the "grey zone". At least it would be polite to let

people know if something was actually done. :laughing:

Very bizarre...

I'm still showing 6 caches missing (exactly the number of webcam caches that I've found...)