Help needed to retreive tb

Tiger-Eyes

I Have a Tb Chat room buddy that was supposed to remain in the UK visiting members of the geochat chatroom, unfortunately the first cacher that moved him took him to America and eventually it has apparently returned to the UK but I don't know where, I received an email from the last cacher to have him which said "Hi Nutters your travel bug is now in England. I updated the travel bug log and gave you a hint."

I then checked out the log which says this

"The new location of your travel bug is 520622.24 N 0010641.96 E

Here is a hint: If you're looking to travel away from the village go to this place to start your journey far and wide." B)

With the help of the chat room we think it is located near Ipswich and the nearest caches are Hazel Hunt and Westerfield trig. Is there a cacher near that area that could check those caches out for me to see if it's there or is there a puzzle solver who could decipher this message. :laughing:

And Finally what gives this cacher the right to mess me about like this :laughing:

Somebody help me please :laughing::ph34r:

Edited to correct terrible spelling

Edited by The Nutters

And Finally what gives this cacher the right to mess me about like this :laughing:

From the look of their profile they appear to have only found 2 caches (although they have logged one twice) and 1 TB. They may have been confused as to what they were supposed to do with the TB.

At least it looks like it's got back to the UK :laughing:

The co-ords are for a traffic island on the A14. I guess the co-ords are near to where the cacher who has got the TB lives and that they will drop the TB off into a cache soon? :laughing:

........(I couldn't convert the coords into anything sensible).

I took 520622.24 N 0010641.96 E to mean:-

N 52 06.2224 E 001 06.4196

Which, according to Google Earth, puts it here ....

Google earth will be getting overloaded! I was doing exactly the same as you at the same time.

I don't know where he got the coords from as all the things I can think of like Google earth etc. only go to 3 places of decimal minutes. It could be a conversion from OS grid (which would be only good to around 50m on a 25000:1 map but if it was, it would indicate that he knows enough to convert to Deg-Min.

This location does look possible as a place where the TB could be placed and might be worth a look if there is anyone local.

I went for N52º 06 22.24 E001º 06 41.96 which pointed me to the roof of a building. Since it appears to be on the village's main street and remembering the words of the clue I thought "travel agent". Sure enough there's one at 3 (Old) Ipswich Road, more or less spot on my version of the coords. Left inside the shop?

http://www.travel-stop.co.uk/information/contact_us.htm

MBF

Oooh - very neat. Good thinking that man.

I went for N52º 06 22.24 E001º 06 41.96 which pointed me to the roof of a building. Since it appears to be on the village's main street and remembering the words of the clue I thought "travel agent". Sure enough there's one at 3 (Old) Ipswich Road, more or less spot on my version of the coords. Left inside the shop?

MBF

Excellent! ;) That seems to fit even better. Might be worth The Nutters giving the place ring and asking them if they have the bug :huh:

QUOTE(MBFace @ Sep 26 2007, 06:20 PM)

MBF

You are a star :huh: , it has indeed been left in this travel agents and they are going to post it to me.

Thank you all for you help solving this. I would never have worked it out though the travel agents did put it in thier window so a cacher may have spotted it one day.

Edited by The Nutters

QUOTE(MBFace @ Sep 26 2007, 06:20 PM)

MBF

You are a star :huh: , it has indeed been left in this travel agents and they are going to post it to me.

Thank you all for you help solving this. I would never have worked it out though the travel agents did put it in thier window so a cacher may have spotted it one day.

Hooray! A Result. At least this tale has a happy ending. All we need is to get the Missing Cache recovered from the M3 Services and everyone will be happy. ;)

Edited by careygang

Did the Travel Agents say who left it there?

What was on the mind of the person that left it?

What did the receiving Travel Agent say to the person that asked if they could leave the TB for a a geocacher to collect? Must have been a few confused glances passing around that day.

Geocaching and Travel Bugs seemed so straightforward to me when I started, how come we suddenly have Travel Bugs being left at Travel agents and caches relocated to Motorway Services - bizarre.

What did the receiving Travel Agent say to the person that asked if they could leave the TB for a a geocacher to collect? Must have been a few confused glances passing around that day.

Geocaching and Travel Bugs seemed so straightforward to me when I started, how come we suddenly have Travel Bugs being left at Travel agents and caches relocated to Motorway Services - bizarre.

Actually if you read their log then it's not so outrageous. They found the bug in the USA, which clearly wanted to stay in the UK, so they gave it to their fathers friend who lives in Ipswich (I'm guessing this person is connected with the travel agents where it was left), and maybe this person was in the USA at the time and coming back to the UK soon. It sounds like a pretty straighforward way to get the bug back in the UK quickly.

Actually if you read their log then it's not so outrageous. They found the bug in the USA, which clearly wanted to stay in the UK, so they gave it to their fathers friend who lives in Ipswich (I'm guessing this person is connected with the travel agents where it was left), and maybe this person was in the USA at the time and coming back to the UK soon. It sounds like a pretty straighforward way to get the bug back in the UK quickly.

Quickly in may sound but if you look when he actualy picked the tb up using the cache page log you will see that he has had it since the 14th April, he changed the log date on my tb page. so he kept my tb for 5 months then arranged for it to be taken to a place that i am suppossed to work out with cryptic clues and weird co-ords. If he really wanted to help he could have posted it to me (i did sugest this in an email back in may)

Quickly in may sound but if you look when he actualy picked the tb up using the cache page log you will see that he has had it since the 14th April, he changed the log date on my tb page. so he kept my tb for 5 months then arranged for it to be taken to a place that i am suppossed to work out with cryptic clues and weird co-ords. If he really wanted to help he could have posted it to me (i did sugest this in an email back in may)

Something weird about the finder 'Komodo Boy'. Their profile says they have 3 cache finds but only 2 are listed. (Time for the conspiracy theorists to take over). Having given it to their fathers friend, all they had to do was put the two of you in contact with each other.

If the friend is in Ipswich and you're Norfolk, it's not far to go on your Tractor :huh: Still it kept us all interested for a while. :huh:

Something weird about the finder 'Komodo Boy'. Their profile says they have 3 cache finds but only 2 are listed. (Time for the conspiracy theorists to take over)

Just to squash the conspiracy theorist before they get started :huh: he visited one of the caches on 2 seperate occasions and logged a find on both visits. :huh:

No she was called madelaine and the tb turned up today

A large envolope arrived and in it was....

A rubbermade box??? and in that was...

A log book, pen, a couple of swaps and....

My tb :huh:

As well as some calling cards from th travel agent??

I don't think poor komodo boy has quite grasped the concept of TB's.

I will be sending him a thankyou email and I'll have to set up a special cache using this box now :huh:

A photo will be uploaded as soon as i have time (school run calling)

Something weird about the finder 'Komodo Boy'. Their profile says they have 3 cache finds but only 2 are listed. (Time for the conspiracy theorists to take over)

Just to squash the conspiracy theorist before they get started :huh: he visited one of the caches on 2 seperate occasions and logged a find on both visits. :huh:

Dohh!

I never thought of that :D , probably because I've never tried to do it. :D I guess that is one way to get the count up!

edited for my poor spelling!

Edited by careygang

No she was called madelaine and the tb turned up today

A large envolope arrived and in it was....

A rubbermade box??? and in that was...

A log book, pen, a couple of swaps and....

My tb :huh:

As well as some calling cards from th travel agent??

I don't think poor komodo boy has quite grasped the concept of TB's.

I will be sending him a thankyou email and I'll have to set up a special cache using this box now :D

A photo will be uploaded as soon as i have time (school run calling)

What? Your TB went missing and you got a whole cache back in the post? Have we jumped threads here over to the missing Cache on the M3! :huh: