Mio p350 GPS problem

Mike+Mary

Go into Start > Control Panel / Settings, and check Memory / Running Programs, close everything else down, then re-run and try different com settings. Not got my P350 to hand but I think it's COM2 in and COM4 out but could be the other way round.

Thank you. Tried it & shut down ActiveSync but same result. COM2 setting gives No GPS Signal message. Are there any other ideas?

I get this as well at present i have to choose to run cachemate with the gps or memory map with the gps as it wont let both of them use it despite saying in the gps options share.

|I know i need to download a gps manager just not got round to it yet.

Alos not got round to linking mem map to cachemate either

GPS gate - its the bees knees! Makes life SOOO much easier! G'wan, ya know ya wanna!

I get this as well at present i have to choose to run cachemate with the gps or memory map with the gps as it wont let both of them use it despite saying in the gps options share.

|I know i need to download a gps manager just not got round to it yet.

Alos not got round to linking mem map to cachemate either

GPS gate - its the bees knees! Makes life SOOO much easier! G'wan, ya know ya wanna!

Linky winky pleasy weasy :P

I've now got the Mio p350 working perfectly with Memory Map AND eliminated GPS drag so that everything happens in real time. It may be helpful to others who've installed Pocket Navigator to know what settings work for me.

From the Today screen, go

Start > Settings > System > GPS > Programs and select COM4

Start > Settings > System > GPS > Hardware and select COM2

Start > Settings > System > GPS > Access and check the box 'Manage GPS automatically'.

From Pocket Navigator, go Menu > GPS > Setup and select

Manufacturer - NMEA

Port - COM2:

Baud - 4800

When Port COM4 was selected it connected OK but there was a time lag of 30-50 seconds in showing position on map. With Port COM2 it's instant.

Hope this may help someone in similar difficulties!