guardian geocoin at flight 93 memorial?

BVnLJ

I would like to put a Guardian Geocoin at the sight of the temporary memorial for flight 93 that would stay there for people to discover. Is there a way to have a listing page for it, sort of like a cache page so people know it is there to be found? Not sure if this is possible so I figured I would ask the ones "in the know"

Thanks

Can you list it as a cache "site" event though it is just a coin? People will know they've found it because they've found the coin, but there would be no way they could record it due to lack of logbook. Or, as others have said, place a small cache there/nearby.

Or, another option, but I don't know if it qualifies or not, submit it as an Earth Cache.

You'll need to carefully read all the listing guidelines to check which, if any, is possible/appropriate.

Good luck.

We have a couple of caches in our area that don't have a log book (cache is too small, awkward shape, hard to keep water out). The owner just has a word in the container. You have to email the owner with the word in order to get your smiley, or your Found It log will be deleted.

Hang the coin on the fence, and use the tracking number, or some other nearby permanent fixture, as your "word" to be emailed to you to verify the Found It log. The coin can be the cache.

Or what about a small container with logbook and the coin that you hang on the fence? I don't know how it looks like there, but I can imagine that you will still have to search for that cache if there are other things hanging around too.

(That makes me think of that micro cache that was hidden in a tree that was used as a "farewell-tree" for kids where they could leave their last pacifier. They were hanging everywhere, and I am sure that the cache was just hanging somewhere between them, but I couldn't find it :laughing: )

If the other cache in question is the one listed on another site, distance rules do not apply.

Keep in mind that virtuals are no longer approved, so if that's the route you're going for, be ready for a "no". I'm assuming you emailed a reviewer and not a moderator, right? :rolleyes:

You may need to think about using the bison tube on the fence with coords to the coin.

I live pretty close to the flight 93 memorial site (about a 10 minute drive). There is a large chain-link fence there with all kins of stuff connected to it that are left by those visitng the site. As Princess Lisa stated, there is a cache there. It used to be listed by gc.com but has recently been removed from GC.com by the owner and placed on another caching web site. It was a medium size cache and not a virtual. With all the stuff that is there, the cache didn't seem to stick out.

It would be cool if you could drill a hole in the coin and attach it to the fence and list that as a cache. I'm not sure what the GC rules about that are, though. If a logbook is a requirement, you could attach some sort of micro container.

...Anthus

I like it too.

We found the cache at the site over the summer, but felt kind of weird taking it off to the side to open and sign the log. I didn't feel that it was proper to have an active cache right there by the memory wall. Just felt like those things were to be looked at and thought about, but not disturbed.

Edited by JegMag