mapping

jtstretch

im a noob. just got a 60csx and want to get some nav, topo,lakes....ect, for it. when these are all installed will they work together or are they seperate? eg. will i see lakes and topo along with streets on the viewer? also, how do i load caches into my unit?

Edited by jtstretch

Congratulations on getting a great GPSr. When you get the maps, you will load all of them at the same time. If you have City Navigator and Topo on your computer, you will choose the "Map Tiles" from one, then the other, then send them to the GPSr. On the GPSr, from the Map Page, you can choose which maps to show from the Menu. You can see either the Street Maps, or the Topo maps, at one time.

To load the caches into your GPSr, I highly recommend becoming a Premium Member so you can get 500 caches at a time, based on the criteria you select, in Pocket Queries. You can use the free program EasyGPS to send the waypoints to your GPSr, but many people use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) because it has so many more functions.

If you own a PDA, you can Export the information from GSAK in the correct format for your PDA so you can cache "paperless." <_<

im a noob. just got a 60csx and want to get some nav, topo,lakes....ect, for it. when these are all installed will they work together or are they seperate? eg. will i see lakes and topo along with streets on the viewer? also, how do i load caches into my unit?

I just received this same gps'r for a gift. So just that I'm clear. That trips and waypoint software does NOT allow you to transfer detailed maps from mapsource to the handheld correct??

I need to purchase another license to use mapsource and get the detailed maps to the handheld unit. I already own two other garmin products.