Error transferring GM Waypoints to GPSr

oisact

I have a eTrex Venture Cx. I have downloaded the NGS datasheet from the NGS site, and converted it to GPX format using bmgpx.exe. I open the gpx file in MapSource, and everything looks good. However when trying to upload to the device MapSource throws an exception and displays error information that can be submitted to Garmin.

Is that the proper process to get the BMs into my GPSr? BTW, GpxSonar loads the GPX file fine on my PDA.

Dan

That works, but I can't seem to get it configured the way I want.

For BMs I want a flag instead of a Geocache chest icon. I also want the cache name for the waypoint, but it is using some arbitary numbering ("GC 1", "GC 2", etc).

I also noticed that some of the waypoints I sent with MapSource did make it onto the GPSr, but not all of them. So it is crashing at a specific waypoint.

Also, with MapSource I tried sending both the my GPSr, as well as directly to the SD card placed in my laptop.

Dan

Okay, I have an idea why MapSource is crashing. It has to do with the Modification Date of the waypoint. There were several dates from 1983 and older (as old as 1969). When those are removed it worked.

I like MapSource for this, because I can select all the waypoints at once and set their icon all with one step.

Dan