I have an idea

slippery_1

I have seen first hand the generosity of cachers in the forum world wide.

Some one is sick they give, someone has finacial issue they help, someone goes missing from here they reach out, etc.

Well a recent coin development peaked my interest, the coin being developed theough coins and pins on behalf of NAMI.

I as many of you have heard am an advocate for issues surrounding Mental Health and bringing these issues out of closests world wide.

Nami and other orginizations world wide do this and more.

Ok here is what I am proposing to do:

1. ask all cachers, designers collectors of coins to see if they have any coins which they would concider being their last of any coins they have minted in their possession.

2. Donate one coin each (you can send it to me or anyone who would be willing to be the collection agent) so they could be sent out after.

3. take the entire collected coins, and then make one auction, yes that right one auction for the entire kitten Kaboodle. Knowing how generous the caching community is they would also know what a bargain it would be to get all these last held coins and with any luck this could be an whole bunch.

4. The entire list of contributers would be listed and once funds are collected, the entire list of people contributing, along with the funds collected be sent to NAMI directlyso they could see first hand as well who and where each person is from.

Okay, thats the idea, let me know what you think and hopefully we can get this off the ground very soon...I would love to start this before mid October, but would also love to hear your ideas on this.

Taking the advice of another cacher I have included the link to the NAMI web site. Of course this is an American Orginization, they are still concidered world leaders in developing policies and how Mental Illness is Researched, how persons affected are treated, and advocates, etc.

Please help by contributing,

NAMI

Edited by slippery_1

Please keep in mind that any coins that you want to auction off (and promote here) must be trackable on this site.

Good luck.

Rules – especially stupid ones like the one you reference above – are meant to be broken. At the very least a little grey area needs to be applied.

To the OP, I say what you're doing is a dandy idea. :D

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Keeping this on track I will ask a question relating to your rules then SM.

If we are not selling them for personal gain, and this is for a charity then can they be included in here. I am sure I saw somewhere you can post here if you are not selling them I.E. I produce a coin and want to sell them, but rather I am collecting them with the intent to sell somewhere else and then send the recipient the names of those who contributed? Is that not in keeping with the rules and proceedure of the web site?

You can certainly post here to collect coins for sale elsewhere. What you cannot do, is promote that sale here.

So, in your specific case, you can post here to collect any coins (trackable or not), but when it comes time to promote the sale (on eBay, privately, etc.) you cannot mention the sale/auction, etc. here since all of the coins are not trackable.

I assume that your target audience for selling these would be the coin collectors here, so cutting out the ability to promote the sale here seems like a bad idea (to me).

My recommendation would be to use only trackable coins so that you can post here, but you are of course free to do as you wish, as long as you stay within the guidelines.

Does that help?

Yes indeed, So long as the "rules" does not preclude the naming of the contributer vs the name of the coins will no negate me from this opportunity.

Most collectors will know who is who and the quality they represent, now as an offshoot, why not two auction, one for untrackables and one for trackable so I could mention each and ever coin that is trackable.

You can certainly post here to collect coins for sale elsewhere. What you cannot do, is promote that sale here.

So, in your specific case, you can post here to collect any coins (trackable or not), but when it comes time to promote the sale (on eBay, privately, etc.) you cannot mention the sale/auction, etc. here since all of the coins are not trackable.

I assume that your target audience for selling these would be the coin collectors here, so cutting out the ability to promote the sale here seems like a bad idea (to me).

My recommendation would be to use only trackable coins so that you can post here, but you are of course free to do as you wish, as long as you stay within the guidelines.

Does that help?

Unless of course the OP obtains permission from Groundspeak.