EXPLORIST 210: WHERE ARE MY CACHES?!?!?!

OoshOosh

So I've just upgraded from an Explorist 200 to the 210....I was excited about the new ability to upload cache points to my GPS from my computer... so I followed the dircections to get them onto the GPS, and went out caching.... HOWEVER, once i got out there, i realized that i could not view all of points on the map screen at once!!! I have to switch from one cache to another manually, which is LAME because most of the time I don't know which cache I'm close to at what time :D .... Is there a way to make all of the waypoints show up on the map AT THE SAME TIME so i can visually keep track of which cache I'm close to???? If not, then it's worth the effort to plug them in manually on my old GPS just so i can watch myself near different caches as i hike! PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you so much!

-Team OoshOosh

im not really sure how i'm loading them. i got to a cache page, hit download to gps or something like that and then on my computer it loads to a program. after i have all the caches i want on that program i hit "send to gps" or something and that;s it.... am i doing something wrong?

Are you using the Magellan Geocache manager (that came with the unit)? If so, that's fine. Actually, whatever you're using is fine if it works. The file of all the caches should have a name and be saved as such on the unit. You need to make that file active.

If each cache is saved as it's own file, then you won't be able to activate (show on the map) more than one. The magellan 210 can hold up to 200 caches in a geocache file.

As a side note - as a premium member, have you looked onto using pocket queries? You can get a file of up to 500 caches emailed to you for transfer to your GPSr. (Although I usually run PQs of 200, because of the limit.)

If you're trying to use the "Send to GPS" option on a cache page, that won't work on a Magellan unit.

If you're trying to use "Send to GPS" in GSAK, it won't work either. In GSAK, you have to use "Export to Explorist/SD card".

The only way that I know of to load these on the Explorist is to open each .gpx file, or UNzipped PQ in Magellan's Geocache Manager; or, using the "Export" option mentioned above in GSAK.