Waypoint files available for Yosemite-area benchmarks

Wintertime

As a followup to the recent discussion of finding benchmarks by getting coordinates from topo maps, I thought I'd make available to other forum readers my Yosemite-area waypoints.

I generated these files by bringing up 7.5' DRGs in MacGPS Pro and clicking on the Xs next to BM elevations. The resulting waypoint files are tab-delimited, so I assume they'll work in other programs okay.

There are a few quirks in the files. :-) When a given quad had two marks with the same elevation, I would call the second one BM123X, for example, since I couldn't have two waypoints called BM1234. I think I marked some triangulation stations as TR1234 instead of BM1234. And I got intrigued for a while by Xs that didn't have elevations, which were explained to me here as probably stations without disks. Anyway, I marked a few of those, too; I think I called them XX1234 or something like that.

Anyway, if you plan to be in the Yosemite area and want to look for some marks (such as the ones that I haven't already found :lol: ), drop me a note and I'll send you the waypoint files you need. Here are the ones I have available:

Ackerson Mountain

Ahwahnee

Ascension Mountain

Buckingham Mountain

Chinese Camp

El Capitan

El Portal

Falls Ridge

Feliciana Mountain

Fish Camp

Groveland

Half Dome

Hetch Hetchy Reservoir

Jawbone Ridge

Lake Eleanor

Mariposa Grove

Mariposa

Moccasin

Stumpfield Mountain

Tamarack Flat

Tenaya Lake

Tioga Pass

Vogelsang Peak

Wawona

Yosemite Falls

(Yeah, all the way out to Chinese Camp on Hwy 120. I have friends in the Sonora area and we've been out on a few benchmark hunting expeditions, so I've been paying a fair bit of attention to that area.)

Patty