Which Geocoinfest are you planning to attend?

Nochipra

:) I cant make it to ANY of them :D

Why are all the Australian geocoiners so far away from each other? :D

If I could, I would fly over to Ashvegas to bug them, but I've just spent all my holiday money and have no more work time off :D

I did have a tiny little Geocoin get-together with Forthferalz the other day - that was nice :laughing:

I'll pick you up from Christchurch International Airport on Friday night, just let me know what time, and can have you back for your flight on Sunday, no problem. There is an awesome Magical, Mystical Creatures Night Multi being set up for the Saturday night which you would not want to miss!!

One of my best girlfriends since 1984 lives in Red Deer, AB... I told her to drop into the GCF event and ask the nice folks about geocaching so you guys in AB keep an eye out in case she gets brave and ventures in. She's a 911 operator so she wasn't sure of her work schedule when I last spoke to her. She has recently bought a GPS and wants to learn how to find geocaches!

I assure you that your friend will be very welcome and there will be plenty of caching experts on hand to help with caching and/or GPS questions! Our event is being held in a Community Hall right on an extended green space/park and I am sure that there will be some new caches near the event for those who want to go out and hunt somewhere close, your friend would probably be able to go out and practice with experienced cachers right at the event just using shanks mare!

I thought I had sent you an email thanking you for your donation to our Geocoin Event but I can't find it in my mailbox, even if I did then another thank you certainly wouldn't hurt!

So Thank You form everyone in the GWG (Alberta) group, I am sure Tom thanked you when he got the package but even if you get three or four extra "thank yous" then no harm is done!

We have 20 watchers, and 40+ teams pre-registered for the Event so it is already a success and it is going to be very exciting. I am sure everyone is going to have a lot of fun. I hope your friend can make it and I am sure that everyone will make her feel welcome.

Thanks Again Chris and Helen

If I wasn't going to the Alberta Event I would be thinking about driving out to the coast for the BC event!

Well if we did not have to work we would visit WISCONSIN, since we are here. Again it is WISCONSIN, not WINSCONSIN as it is stated in the original OP and in Jakes poll.

Whew, got that out of our system. :laughing:

Enjoy everyone.

:laughing:

Well, in a similar vein, my mom is from Wisconsin originally, then grew up in Washington state, which she still to this day pronounces WARSHington, as in, I'm going to warsh some dishes! :laughing:

I hear the PA event has been canceled :P !

I think not! In fact, the Geocoinfest PA location is now famous for it made front page news !!! of our local news paper. :)

Sorry I did not see PA on the original list on the first post. I cannot add it to the list now or it will erase all of the current votes, sorry.

Jake

:) I demand a recount. This is starting to sound like the hanging chad votting issue from a few years ago. Let's see, a whole 25 peple voted so far..... I guess everyone can just send their PA votes to Jake instead of using the voting page.... :P

I hear the PA event has been canceled :P !

I think not! In fact, the Geocoinfest PA location is now famous for it made front page news !!! of our local news paper. :)

Sorry I did not see PA on the original list on the first post. I cannot add it to the list now or it will erase all of the current votes, sorry.

Jake

:) I demand a recount. This is starting to sound like the hanging chad votting issue from a few years ago. Let's see, a whole 25 peple voted so far..... I guess everyone can just send their PA votes to Jake instead of using the voting page.... :P

Thanks for Clearing that up Anthus, I was beginning to think we were going to have to reschedule our whole mini vacation to NC.

Cali North! Amost thought it was tomorrow! :o

Cant wait...many coinickers are attending!...and Ill be there in my OG Geocoinfest T-Shirt :o

Have set aside the Sat of the weekend for that one for sure!...Now if I can just make it to the GW6 warmup and planning meet event the following weekend at the GW6 grounds!

2 awesome events in a row...Hope I can Hang with that!

Me go to the MYGO (ooops...MiGO) event....MICHIGAN!! FFD will be a great start and then the fun of the coiners!! Sure hope those in charge of our state funds can figure out what is what so we can re-open our parks (and liquor sales, lottery sales etc....) I hate it when they play politics while holding the public ransom!

Maybe we'll be in a Howard Johnson's or something, but a little budget crunch isn't going to stop us!!

Me go to the MYGO (ooops...MiGO) event....MICHIGAN!! FFD will be a great start and then the fun of the coiners!! Sure hope those in charge of our state funds can figure out what is what so we can re-open our parks (and liquor sales, lottery sales etc....) I hate it when they play politics while holding the public ransom!

Maybe we'll be in a Howard Johnson's or something, but a little budget crunch isn't going to stop us!!

re-open parks, lottery and liquor sales??

what's going on up there since i left?

I hear the PA event has been canceled :o !

That must be the reason it is not listed :Phttp://site.coinswag.com/test/geocoinfestpoll.html

I will be attending the PA event canceled or not I will be there B):o

I will have all of my coins with me to share and hopefuly do some trading as well B) just 7 days away now !

Just to clear up any confusion -- the event is NOT cancelled. We have lots of fun stuff planned:

- Geocoin Trivia (so you better start studying now)

- GeoPoker Run

- Guess what's in the Giant Ammo Box

- Lots of Doorprizes

- Make your own geoWooden Nickel for the kids

- Crafts for the kids

- "Keystone Mini" event geocoins

- and much, much more

We have 25 teams signed up so far and 32 people watching. So, PA should have a good showing.

re-open parks, lottery and liquor sales??

what's going on up there since i left?

Same ol' same ol' here! Since no one can decide on a budget, they are going to just shut down!! Why do we have to suffer? I don't drink, but we do sell lottery tickets at our golf course (as well as liquor)...

We're hoping they can figure SOMETHING out before the event since it will be held at a state park.

Whats a geocoinfest?

Someone had the silly idea of making an international mega event for geocoin people from all over the globe to come together and attend. The first such event was held in: California and had over 400 people in attendence (minus an organizer or two :ph34r: ). Many people expressed sadness for not being able to attend so the multi-event idea spawned out of the discussion. 25 smaller geocon events on the same day. 4 in Canada, 1 New Zealand, 1 Netherlands, 19 in the United States.

So... what geocoinfest are you attending? :(