FTF Award on Cache page

geoSpartan

I've just hidden my first cache (it's still in review) but I've created an FTF award for the cache page... once I have a winner.

But I was wondering if anyone else has done something similar? If so, do you mind showing it off here?

Here's mine...

the cache name is "This is Sparta: Greek Numberals"

[image removed by moderator.]

Edited by Keystone

I got a paper FTF certificate (and a nice survival kit :)) for being first on GrumbleCache IV: Caching Through the Snow, and I've seen cache pages highlight FTFers, but nothing that large on the cache page itself.

Looks very cool, I guess my only quibble would be it seems like it will take up a chunk of space on the cache page, which might be kind of annoying to others. I mean, it's just the FTF....a few months later, that's old news. :laughing:

I got a paper FTF certificate (and a nice survival kit :lol:) for being first on GrumbleCache IV: Caching Through the Snow, and I've seen cache pages highlight FTFers, but nothing that large on the cache page itself.

Looks very cool, I guess my only quibble would be it seems like it will take up a chunk of space on the cache page, which might be kind of annoying to others. I mean, it's just the FTF....a few months later, that's old news. :lol:

Yeah, perhaps something half the size (perhaps just the very center part without the large box around it)? I'm not into the whole FTF thingy, but that is very nice looking, and it's a nice touch for people who are FTF'rs.

I logged on from another computer that had 800x600 resolution and the image was huge and taking up most of the cache page. Mines 1280x768 so it's look fine.. But I did resize it, added a faint North America map to the background and fixed the logo seal.

As far as the Groundspeak logo, I thought about that.. but I'm not selling or using it anywhere besides on geocaching.com. I figure it's like user avators... some have a modified version of the geocaching logo. But if asked (or told) I'll remove it quickly.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I logged on from another computer that had 800x600 resolution and the image was huge and taking up most of the cache page. Mines 1280x768 so it's look fine.. But I did resize it, added a faint North America map to the background and fixed the logo seal.

As far as the Groundspeak logo, I thought about that.. but I'm not selling or using it anywhere besides on geocaching.com. I figure it's like user avators... some have a modified version of the geocaching logo. But if asked (or told) I'll remove it quickly.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Certainly Jeremy has better things to do with his time then worry about something this small.

I've just hidden my first cache (it's still in review) but I've created an FTF award for the cache page... once I have a winner.

But I was wondering if anyone else has done something similar? If so, do you mind showing it off here?

Here's mine...

the cache name is "This is Sparta: Greek Numberals"

[image removed by moderator.]

I have recently started doing something similar GC12YPG for example! But I only do it now for my 'more difficult' hides.

Edited by Keystone

The first time I saw something like that was this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2a-188f279d3b2d

I thought that was a cool idea. I thought it was especially nice to have the honor of having your name as first to find be listed permanently on the cache page.

Last year I made a certificate I was going to hand out for caching above and beyond to those cachers who found my caches during that time when the snow was three feet deep. It would give them special honors by making them elite members of the order of the golden snow shovel.-Nobody went out caching. I guess this is when those lamp post caches make the most sense. At least you can get to them easily when there is three feet of snow.

Edited by Luckless