WTB 12 V power cable for GPSMap 60CSX

SwampYankee

The last time I ordered one I got a Garmin original from Amazon.com for almost the same price as they were going for on e-bay.

Remember the unit will take power via the USB jack. I have used a USB charge cable for my cell phone to power my GPS for a while now. The only draw back it is not a 90 Deg connector so it sticks out some.

The last time I ordered one I got a Garmin original from Amazon.com for almost the same price as they were going for on e-bay.

Remember the unit will take power via the USB jack. I have used a USB charge cable for my cell phone to power my GPS for a while now. The only draw back it is not a 90 Deg connector so it sticks out some.

The USB connection on the 60CSx and on the Etrex models that accept a USB cable have the same USB plug in as the Motorola Razor's 12 volt automotive cord, which can be bought at most retail stores such as Wal-Mart and Target for $10.00. Of course it won't charge the GPSr batteries, but it will power it without any problems.

Thanks for the additional information on what else will work with the CSX. I see if come to life off the USB off the computer but never gave any thought that others would power it off the USB connection. Down side, I don't have any of those either. All my 12volt power cords were for my Meridian Gold and Color Marine GPS for traveling. Odd ball conection on them also. I have two of them and was tempted to put a different connector on one of them. Never really looked into the USB connectors. Thanks again for the additional info. This board is one of the best sources of info out here for GPS of any type. Tnx SwampYankee