Send to GPS Not Working Properly

6&fun

I am still having the BLUE DOT problem. I downloadec 4 caches to my Garmin Vista C last night (10/16/07)and the problem still exists. I had to manually change each one to the closed cache icon for them to appear in the Geocache listing. Please keep working on it also map still freezes after several zooms or pans.

Doxie Man

Decent work-around for a working transfer is to go to Garmin website and download waypoints through myGarmin:

https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/customers/myGarminHome.faces

The search is certainly not as powerful as Geocaching.com and it actually does not display all caches either.

But I'm doing this for now until the download through Geocaching.com is fixed.

As suggested before, simply switching the downloaded waypoints that turn up with a blue flag or whatever it is to the Closed geocaching symbol (or whatever you have set as your unfound geocache symbol) will give that waypoint the same "found" type of functionality as downloaded waypoints used to be.

Can't wait for this to be fixed. Anyone have an estimated time frame?

Thanks,

Kojones

Same type problem but little different. I went to a site and it open up all the caches in taht area on the site. I checked all of them and DL to GSAK but the group was saved as a .loc file. I'm a premium member and can get .gpx files as individual files. But not as a group. It defaults to .loc.

Same type problem but little different. I went to a site and it open up all the caches in taht area on the site. I checked all of them and DL to GSAK but the group was saved as a .loc file. I'm a premium member and can get .gpx files as individual files. But not as a group. It defaults to .loc.

As a Premium Member, you can get Pocket Queries. Then, if you use GSAK, you can send hundreds of caches to your GPSr at one time, with a useful waypoint name using the "Smart name" codes in GSAK. You also get the Treasure Chest icon on each of those caches.

You can only get GPX files when you run a Pocket Query.

Thanks. I have certain caches part of the geotrail in Western Pa. I ant those but insure how to do a PQ with only those caches showing. If I do a radius of say 35mi I'll get a ton of caches I'm not targeting. The nice thing with the pop up was it listed all the AGT caches I'm targeting. Problem was no way to get them to DL as GPX file. So if a PQ is the only way to pull them down as a GPX need to find a way to pull those specific ones.

The problem started when they switched the google map format.

I have the same problem. Only a small, green dot and "Geocache", not the Cache name.

I've just been messing with it too and found that my problem is the same as the quote above. Tiny Green dot and Geocache in the Note section on a 530HCx. Using Mac OSX and Firefox.

20:45 GMT

still same problem, just tried it with local cache GC10208

blue dot with number in waypoints not geocaches

changeicon and it moves over

using WinXP pro , IE (da*n microsoft )

Garmin Legend C .... usb cable

if doesnt work for the noobs it needs fixing !

and what time zone is this forum in ?

Edited by Archangel_UK

I tried it again just a few minutes ago and still get the blue flag. I really hope this gets sorted soon.

Many people have adopted this new feature and now miss it when it does not work properly. A new feature that has been adopted very quickly.

I have been very impressed with some of the new features. Keep up the good work.

Actually the problem started when Garmin changed the way they the JS was written. I've already contacted them about it and they will be changing what they need to. Until such time I've made a correction to overcome their error and it should be working now.

-Raine

You are wrong about that. I have been using my Garmin Vista since I got it in July of this year and it worked perfectly until the Google Maps update was posted on this website so don't blame Garmin because you wrote the code to a different JS.

Actually the problem started when Garmin changed the way they the JS was written. I've already contacted them about it and they will be changing what they need to. Until such time I've made a correction to overcome their error and it should be working now.

-Raine

You are wrong about that. I have been using my Garmin Vista since I got it in July of this year and it worked perfectly until the Google Maps update was posted on this website so don't blame Garmin because you wrote the code to a different JS.

:):):lol:

Garmin did update the download plugin at about the same time.

Might I suggest that because two things happened at the same time does not mean that they are related. I washed my car yesterday. As soon as I finished it rained. Washing the car did not cause the rain. See the following link for more information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_d...imply_causation

Logic tells me that there is no causal relationship between the Google map display and the send to gps function. The send to gps function is a plug-in created by a third party. Raine has said that changes made by that third party broke it. I believe him. They are working on it but fixing it is probably not entirely within Groundspeak's control.

Edited by Team Taran

Can anyone tell me when this will be fixed as it is still not working properly for me? I have a Garmin GPS60.

This is scheduled for work through this next week so hopefully the problem will be solved soon. Thanks for being patient everyone.

Thanks very much :(

Can anyone tell me when this will be fixed as it is still not working properly for me? I have a Garmin GPS60.

This is scheduled for work through this next week so hopefully the problem will be solved soon. Thanks for being patient everyone.

Thanks very much :(

You bet. I know you guys depend on this feature so we're anxious to get it back up and running!

When I first started GC'n I had made a binder full of pages and pages of caches I printed at home. As a truck driver this is the most important funtion of my GPS'r. That is the reason I bought it so I can download the waypoints. Now I have not been into cacheing alot lately because this function is screwed up. Now I just go to TB Hotels and discover TB's

I found this thread because I was searching for a solution to the same problem. When I load geocache locations they wind up in my waypoints folder instead of the geocache folder on my Venture Cx. I imagine there are a lot of frustrated geocaching Garmin owners out there right now.

I have tried loading coordinates from https://my.garmin.com/geocaching and the data loads correctly into the geocache folder, so for now I won't be using the geocaching.com site.

Someone must have changed something on geocaching.com. If they now could only return it to the way it was ... like when it worked. I was ready to take my gps back to the store, as I was becoming convinced it was defective. :)

I'm getting the same problem with the maddening blue flags. Last night I uploaded about 50 sets of coords for an event in my area, and I'm having to go into each one (which is listed as a waypoint, not a geocache -- and BTW, no icon-switching will change the fact that it's still a Waypoint, ergo you can't mark the cache as "Found" unless you change the icon AGAIN) and remove the word "Geocache" and enter the name of the cache manually.

When will this be fixed????

BlueOrange94 (who's turning red in the face)

-Raine

First I want to say GREAT JOB on the maps they are perfect now.

Send to GPS is still not working. When I attempt to download geocaches to my Garmin Vista C it sends them to the wayopints listing and the symbol is a blue dot instead of the cache symbol. Also the name of all the caches is "GEOCACHE" and this makes it hard to know which cache that I have loaded at the time without carrying a listing of all the cache numbers that I am lookling for.

This started with the new Googls Map Updates. I have read all the posts and have checked the Garmin website many times for an update but there is not one available for my GPS. Let me know when I can once again see the geocache name that I am looking for. I can manually load each cache from the waypoints list and change the symbol and it works but that is a lot of work each day when I am loading 10+ caches to find.

When do you think a fix be available?