South Bucks to Seattle and back again!

fraggle69

I am flying out to Seattle on the 6th October for a week of training with work, leaving on the Friday afternoon/evening of 12th October. I am hoping to cache with any free time I may get, sadly I won't have the use of a car so will likely hire a push bike/use public transport :unsure:. Are there any caches that I really should do while I am here? Is there anything I need to be aware of caching in the states compared to the UK? I am hoping to bring a selection of TB's/coins and maybe some jeeps with me, so if anyone wants to hook up that would be great. I am told I am going to be in the area of woodinville.

Thanks for any advice given...

Well, there is the big Pacific Northwest Trifecta, but you'll need a car.

Groundspeak Headquarters (speaks for itself)

Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (one of only two remaining A.P.E. caches, the other is in Brazil)

ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE (think of it as a pilgrimage to Mecca)

If you can contrive a way to get to any of them, you'll be the envy of your local caching community.

I am flying out to Seattle on the 6th October for a week of training with work, leaving on the Friday afternoon/evening of 12th October. I am hoping to cache with any free time I may get, sadly I won't have the use of a car so will likely hire a push bike/use public transport :D. Are there any caches that I really should do while I am here? Is there anything I need to be aware of caching in the states compared to the UK? I am hoping to bring a selection of TB's/coins and maybe some jeeps with me, so if anyone wants to hook up that would be great. I am told I am going to be in the area of woodinville.

Thanks for any advice given...

We drive on the other side of the road than you do...oh, and the Longitude is 120° to the west. :o

Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

If you're interested, I'll set up a "meet and greet" event for one evening while you're here at a local pub or pizza place...and/or I'll volunteer to drive you around to some local caches...there are actually quite a few good ones near where you are staying in Woodinville.

Email has been sent to Al :D

Sounds like a great idea organising a meet and greet. One thing is clear, I must find a way of doing the Project Ape cache. Mission 9: Tunnel of Light It sounds similar to the cache I did for my 200th find with TheBolasHeathens.

I see some guys are mountain biking it, but 21miles is just a bit too much lol.

Email has been sent to Al :laughing:

Sounds like a great idea organising a meet and greet. One thing is clear, I must find a way of doing the Project Ape cache. Mission 9: Tunnel of Light It sounds similar to the cache I did for my 200th find with TheBolasHeathens.

I see some guys are mountain biking it, but 21miles is just a bit too much lol.

You don't have to go the whole 21 miles to do the A.P.E. cache. It's not very far from the end of the tunnel and then you can turn around and go back through again. I've done it that way several times, both on foot and on bike.