Favorite stats generator?

teald024

Do ya have a link? I don't see it.

I mean... I don't see the FindStatGen2 anywhere.

Perhaps this laptop has an older version of gsak.

I'll look later on the new pc.

Is it inside gsak?

You download and install it as a macro. Its on the GSAK forums or just Google "FindStatGen2".

Will these work for a non premium user?

Sorry but you need a My Finds Pocket Query for these to run. $3 dollars please... :blink:

I don't think thats not entirely true....

I know with cachestats it is, but I don't think so with the StatGen3 macro for GSAK. With GSAK, you could add each GPX individually and still run the macro right?

Because sometimes I don't wait the 7 days to run a My Finds Pocket Query, I just add the caches individually via each GPX, and they are there when I output my stats. I don't know if some info missing or what, but it looks like it works. And it should work for non premium members.

Sorry but you need a My Finds Pocket Query for these to run. $3 dollars please... :)

I know with cachestats it is, but I don't think so with the StatGen3 macro for GSAK. With GSAK, you could add each GPX individually and still run the macro right?

Because sometimes I don't wait the 7 days to run a My Finds Pocket Query, I just add the caches individually via each GPX, and they are there when I output my stats. I don't know if some info missing or what, but it looks like it works. And it should work for non premium members.

I use the GSAK macro. I like how it looks and also that I don't have to wait a week to download a new finds PQ to update my stats. If I go out and get one or two caches I can update my stats page by just downloading the gpx to GSAK and running the macro again. It's handy, looks good, and is fast. So GeoSpartan is right, you don't have to be a premium member to use this one.

I'm a fan of "It's Not About the Numbers." Mainly it's because I love maps, and looking at the maps to see where I've found caches. I find the INATN color-coded maps to be the coolest, especially since finds are shown county by county. I've had a lot of fun this year playing "color in the map." You can see some of the results by looking at my profile page.

Compared to the maps, I am not into my raw find count, number of FTF's and stuff like that. As numbers go, I like stats such as the Difficulty/Terrain Grid.

So for my simple needs, INATN does the trick. The GSAK macro looks pretty slick and customizable, but it's over my head.

Sorry but you need a My Finds Pocket Query for these to run. $3 dollars please... :)

Ahhh! But to get the GPX file(s) you need to be a PM. Yes, you could load the LOC data into GSAK, but you will be missing much of the info.

I use the GSAK macro - it also includes sections for caches that I've placed. I've used the All Finds PQ only once or twice. I keep a database of my finds that gets updated.

Edited by The Jester

Ahhh! But to get the GPX file(s) you need to be a PM. Yes, you could load the LOC data into GSAK, but you will be missing much of the info.

I use the GSAK macro - it also includes sections for caches that I've placed. I've used the All Finds PQ only once or twice. I keep a database of my finds that gets updated.

Oh, good catch! I forgot about that.

more and more people seem to be using FindStatGen2. I didn't even know there was a section for your own hides! I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!

My favorite is GSAK with FindStatGen3 + PLaced Stats Generator (you have to run another macro i can´t remember the name to update the logs).

The DNF Stats would be nice. I saw that there´s something new about this in the GSAK forums and i´ll try to check it later.

Regards

AS

more and more people seem to be using FindStatGen2. I didn't even know there was a section for your own hides! I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!

My favorite is GSAK with FindStatGen3 + PLaced Stats Generator (you have to run another macro i can´t remember the name to update the logs).

The DNF Stats would be nice. I saw that there´s something new about this in the GSAK forums and i´ll try to check it later.

Regards

AS

I think it's called AddLogs.gsk

I also use the GSAK findstats Macro. You can see mine in my profile too!

Oh... before someone asks, the DNF stats, while they look like output from the findstats macro (I did that intentionally), are completely hand coded.

DCC

I've tried a few other sites but I find GSAK with FindStatsGen3 is the easiest to use, customize and update. I really like Driver Carries Cache DNF stats. Slick!

Since GSAK has all my DNF info, maybe that will be the next "upgrade" to FindStatsGen3.

Sorry but you need a My Finds Pocket Query for these to run. $3 dollars please... ;)

Ahhh, but there IS a macro on GSAK that will create a My Finds GPX for you out of your database... Put that $3 back in your wallet! :huh: (Don't know if it will get all the correct info with just the LOC files loaded into the database, though...)

Edited by BrightParrot

To be honest, to get full use out of GSAK and this macro, you do need to be a premium member and load GPX files.

A non premium member only has access to loc files, and this will severely limit the usefulness of GSAK and also render much of the data in the Findstatsgen3 rather useless.

:huh: ok, this is kinda, sorta, could be, maybe in the same type of topic. A couple of us have been trying to generate those maps that show the states or counties cached. I had the info on World66 map but when I copy and paste, all I get are the numbers or letters. Tried it another way, and all I get are a LIST of states. IS there a secret to generating a regular old red-in-the-state map? One of us could not even get to the map from the World66 site. HELP~thanks

:D ok, this is kinda, sorta, could be, maybe in the same type of topic. A couple of us have been trying to generate those maps that show the states or counties cached. I had the info on World66 map but when I copy and paste, all I get are the numbers or letters. Tried it another way, and all I get are a LIST of states. IS there a secret to generating a regular old red-in-the-state map? One of us could not even get to the map from the World66 site. HELP~thanks

Did you copy and paste the HTML from the World66 site, or did you try to copy the map itself?

:D ok, this is kinda, sorta, could be, maybe in the same type of topic. A couple of us have been trying to generate those maps that show the states or counties cached. I had the info on World66 map but when I copy and paste, all I get are the numbers or letters. Tried it another way, and all I get are a LIST of states. IS there a secret to generating a regular old red-in-the-state map? One of us could not even get to the map from the World66 site. HELP~thanks

Did you copy and paste the HTML from the World66 site, or did you try to copy the map itself?

I tried copying the HTML~should I try the map itself? Thanks