FS TomTom GO 510 Auto GPS

Cacheola Crew

This is a Tom Tom 510 that I just bought refurbished from Buy.com. It is like new and comes with the one year warranty. I used it once to "test it out" in comparison with a couple of other GPS's.

It's hard to compare them in stores and so I had the bright idea to buy a few, and put them through their paces. I took them all on a trip of about 10 miles to see which one I liked the best. I figured I would be able to return the one I didn't choose. Well, I neglected to read the store's return policy which requires a 15% "restocking fee". Yikes, not such a bright idea now. I'd rather split the 15% with someone else than send it back.

This GPS has been used just the one time for my test and it is in perfect working condition. It is in the original box and has all the original items inside. I simply chose a different GPS. But it's a great GPS unit...it just comes down to personal preference. Some things I really liked about the TOM TOM in my comparisons were that the direction screen is very large and clear, with the street name and directional arrow clearly displayed. The voices were really natural and easy to understand and the way it gave directions was more conversational that some other GPS's. It has millions of POI's, plus it has the ability to download more. It has the ability to store favorites by Longitude and Latitude, so you can see caches along your route. So, if a Tom Tom 510 is the GPS you would like to own, I have it!

It comes shipped in the original box and includes a bunch of stuff:

- SD card. Containing map data.

- Carry case. To store your TomTom GO when it's not in your vehicle.

- Home dock. For easy connection of your GO to your PC or Mac and charging your GO in the convenience of your home or hotel. Comes with dock, USB cable, and home charger.

- Car charger. 12-24V cigarette lighter adapter that can also be used in trucks so you can charge your GO even as you drive.

- Windshield dock.

- External microphone. To optimize the quality of your voice when you use your GO for hands-free calling.

- Home charger. For charging your GO at home before your journey.

- Documentation pack. Contains quick start guide, accessory leaflet, and CD.

- Product code card.

- one year warranty

$190.00 free shipping.

Here's the unit, showing the navigation screen and the "browse map" screen. I never took the shrink wrap off the screen

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Here's what comes with it. I only took out the adapters and the mount. The rest still in original packaging

DSC_0075.jpg

The original box.

DSC_0083.jpg

Here's the skinny on the unit:

TomTom GO 510 - Functionalities

Easy to use:

Clear & accurate spoken and visual instructions: Easy to follow, calm instructions given with plenty of notice mean that you can focus on your driving.

Plug & GO: Works straight out of the box.

Portable: Easy to take from car to car.

Touchscreen: Easy to operate. And no awkward buttons!

Extra wide LCD screen: Four inch, high quality LCD screen with crystal-clear 3D graphics, 480x272 pixels, and 64,000 colors for optimal visibility.

Real-time traffic: Up-to-the-minute traffic information, jam alerts and road condition warnings.

Safety cameras: Receive and report alerts when there are safety cameras coming up, fixed or mobile. (Europe only)

Points of Interest: Cafe, parking lot, movie theater or gas station. Millions of pre-installed POI’s. Search by proximity to current location, on your route, near a specific city, etc.

POI’s: Millions of extra POI’s are downloadable.

Best routes:

Complete TeleAtlas map data: Detailed maps of the US and Canada pre-installed on an SD card.

Route choice: Plan your route to fit your requirements, such as: quickest, shortest, avoiding toll roads and congestion charge areas, by required arrival time, etc.

Clear instructions:

Huge choice: TomTom GO 510 speaks 36 languages in more than 50 different voices.

Compass: Displays compass on screen, for even better orientation.

Smart extras:

I-pod control: Connect your I-pod to your GO* to operate it via your GO 510 touchscreen and enjoy mp3’s or Podcasts through the high quality speaker or via your car stereo. TomTom GO 510 supports the I-pod 3rd and higher generation (except the I-pod Shuffle).

TomTom PLUS:

Voices: Download funny and famous voices to bring variety and fun to your journey.

Safety

TomTom is committed to make driving more safely on the roads. Our navigation systems encourage you to get from A to B as safely as possible:

Speeding alert: Alerts you that you’re speeding, even if you're not in navigation mode.

Technical specifications:

4.0 inch widescreen WQVGA screen (480x272 pixels, 64,000 colors)

CPU 400 MHz

RAM 64MB

Lithium-Ion battery (4 hours operation)

1 Gb SD card

Highly sensitive GPS chipset

Dimensions: 4.2" x 3.1" x 2.5"

Weight: 10.5 OZ

Compatibility

Plus Services & Hands-free Calling

T-Mobile: Nokia 6103, Nokia 3660, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, HTC P3300, HTC TyTn, iMate JasJam, Sony Ericsson T610, Motorola V330*, Motorola V360*, Motorola RAZR V3, Motorola PEBL U6, Motorola RAZR V6, Motorola RIZR Z3,

Cingular: Sony Ericsson T637, Nokia 6620, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6600, Motorola RAZR 3, Motorola V551, Motorola MPX220, Audiovox SMT 5600**, Motorola ROZR E1**, Motorola SLVR L7, Sony Ericsson Z520a, Sony Ericsson Z525a, Nokia E62, Motorola L2

Verizon: Motorola V710***

Only Hands-free Calling

Cingular: 8525, LG CU400, Sony Ericsson S710a, Imate SP3, Imate SP3i, Siemens SX66, SGH-i607, Blackberry 7290, Blackberry Pearl

Verizon: Audiovox XV6600, Motorola E815, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, LG VX8500, Motorola V710, Motorola RAZR V3m

T-Mobile: HTC P3300, HTC TyTn, iMate JasJam, Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry 8700g, Motorola KRZR, Motorola RAZR V6, Motorola RIZR Z3, Samsung T519 Trace

Nextel: Motorola 1605, Motorola i870, Motorola i880

*Only when configured using the Motorola V551 setup and choosing the T-Mobile III option

**Manual settings required

*** With 5.420 update and phone ROM version .03 only (GO300 & 700 only)

This is a Tom Tom 510 that I just bought refurbished from Buy.com. It is like new and comes with the one year warranty. I used it once to "test it out" in comparison with a couple of other GPS's.

It's hard to compare them in stores and so I had the bright idea to buy a few, and put them through their paces. I took them all on a trip of about 10 miles to see which one I liked the best. I figured I would be able to return the one I didn't choose. Well, I neglected to read the store's return policy which requires a 15% "restocking fee". Yikes, not such a bright idea now. I'd rather split the 15% with someone else than send it back.

This GPS has been used just the one time for my test and it is in perfect working condition. It is in the original box and has all the original items inside. I simply chose a different GPS. But it's a great GPS unit...it just comes down to personal preference. Some things I really liked about the TOM TOM in my comparisons were that the direction screen is very large and clear, with the street name and directional arrow clearly displayed. The voices were really natural and easy to understand and the way it gave directions was more conversational that some other GPS's. It has millions of POI's, plus it has the ability to download more. It has the ability to store favorites by Longitude and Latitude, so you can see caches along your route. So, if a Tom Tom 510 is the GPS you would like to own, I have it!

It comes shipped in the original box and includes a bunch of stuff:

- SD card. Containing map data.

- Carry case. To store your TomTom GO when it's not in your vehicle.

- Home dock. For easy connection of your GO to your PC or Mac and charging your GO in the convenience of your home or hotel. Comes with dock, USB cable, and home charger.

- Car charger. 12-24V cigarette lighter adapter that can also be used in trucks so you can charge your GO even as you drive.

- Windshield dock.

- External microphone. To optimize the quality of your voice when you use your GO for hands-free calling.

- Home charger. For charging your GO at home before your journey.

- Documentation pack. Contains quick start guide, accessory leaflet, and CD.

- Product code card.

- one year warranty

$190.00 free shipping.

Here's the unit, showing the navigation screen and the "browse map" screen. I never took the shrink wrap off the screen

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Here's what comes with it. I only took out the adapters and the mount. The rest still in original packaging

DSC_0075.jpg

The original box.

DSC_0083.jpg

Here's the skinny on the unit:

TomTom GO 510 - Functionalities

Easy to use:

Clear & accurate spoken and visual instructions: Easy to follow, calm instructions given with plenty of notice mean that you can focus on your driving.

Plug & GO: Works straight out of the box.

Portable: Easy to take from car to car.

Touchscreen: Easy to operate. And no awkward buttons!

Extra wide LCD screen: Four inch, high quality LCD screen with crystal-clear 3D graphics, 480x272 pixels, and 64,000 colors for optimal visibility.

Real-time traffic: Up-to-the-minute traffic information, jam alerts and road condition warnings.

Safety cameras: Receive and report alerts when there are safety cameras coming up, fixed or mobile. (Europe only)

Points of Interest: Cafe, parking lot, movie theater or gas station. Millions of pre-installed POI’s. Search by proximity to current location, on your route, near a specific city, etc.

POI’s: Millions of extra POI’s are downloadable.

Best routes:

Complete TeleAtlas map data: Detailed maps of the US and Canada pre-installed on an SD card.

Route choice: Plan your route to fit your requirements, such as: quickest, shortest, avoiding toll roads and congestion charge areas, by required arrival time, etc.

Clear instructions:

Huge choice: TomTom GO 510 speaks 36 languages in more than 50 different voices.

Compass: Displays compass on screen, for even better orientation.

Smart extras:

I-pod control: Connect your I-pod to your GO* to operate it via your GO 510 touchscreen and enjoy mp3’s or Podcasts through the high quality speaker or via your car stereo. TomTom GO 510 supports the I-pod 3rd and higher generation (except the I-pod Shuffle).

TomTom PLUS:

Voices: Download funny and famous voices to bring variety and fun to your journey.

Safety

TomTom is committed to make driving more safely on the roads. Our navigation systems encourage you to get from A to B as safely as possible:

Speeding alert: Alerts you that you’re speeding, even if you're not in navigation mode.

Technical specifications:

4.0 inch widescreen WQVGA screen (480x272 pixels, 64,000 colors)

CPU 400 MHz

RAM 64MB

Lithium-Ion battery (4 hours operation)

1 Gb SD card

Highly sensitive GPS chipset

Dimensions: 4.2" x 3.1" x 2.5"

Weight: 10.5 OZ

Compatibility

Plus Services & Hands-free Calling

T-Mobile: Nokia 6103, Nokia 3660, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, HTC P3300, HTC TyTn, iMate JasJam, Sony Ericsson T610, Motorola V330*, Motorola V360*, Motorola RAZR V3, Motorola PEBL U6, Motorola RAZR V6, Motorola RIZR Z3,

Cingular: Sony Ericsson T637, Nokia 6620, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6600, Motorola RAZR 3, Motorola V551, Motorola MPX220, Audiovox SMT 5600**, Motorola ROZR E1**, Motorola SLVR L7, Sony Ericsson Z520a, Sony Ericsson Z525a, Nokia E62, Motorola L2

Verizon: Motorola V710***

Only Hands-free Calling

Cingular: 8525, LG CU400, Sony Ericsson S710a, Imate SP3, Imate SP3i, Siemens SX66, SGH-i607, Blackberry 7290, Blackberry Pearl

Verizon: Audiovox XV6600, Motorola E815, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, LG VX8500, Motorola V710, Motorola RAZR V3m

T-Mobile: HTC P3300, HTC TyTn, iMate JasJam, Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry 8700g, Motorola KRZR, Motorola RAZR V6, Motorola RIZR Z3, Samsung T519 Trace

Nextel: Motorola 1605, Motorola i870, Motorola i880

*Only when configured using the Motorola V551 setup and choosing the T-Mobile III option

**Manual settings required

*** With 5.420 update and phone ROM version .03 only (GO300 & 700 only)