Halloween themed coins

Windrose

Are there any Halloween themed coins (trackable w/icon) in the works?

A cacher I know (who is not a coin collector -- don't know what's wrong with him :anitongue: ) is planning a Halloween themed multi cache and wants a coin (permantly) in the cache for finders to log. So I told him I'd see what I could do.

If none are in the works, I'll try to trade for one of the past coins. There was the 2006 BooBash and Caching with the Pumpkin. Are there any others (trackable w/icon)?

Thanks,

Windrose

Not in the works, and not really a Halloween coin, but the Walpurgis Night Event coins might fit too. They have a flying witch on one side, and on the other side a hat (the one wizards have). There is a cutout in the coin which has the shape of the moon. The icon has the flying witch on it. The coin itself is black, the 2006 version has the hat and the witch in red, the 2007 version is green.

a8bce95a-912f-46d6-9e74-236062bdd235.jpg

Are there any Halloween themed coins (trackable w/icon) in the works?

A cacher I know (who is not a coin collector -- don't know what's wrong with him :anitongue: ) is planning a Halloween themed multi cache and wants a coin (permantly) in the cache for finders to log. So I told him I'd see what I could do.

If none are in the works, I'll try to trade for one of the past coins. There was the 2006 BooBash and Caching with the Pumpkin. Are there any others (trackable w/icon)?

Thanks,

Windrose

Get with Son of Cyclops. He is having a coin made for the Early Halloween Bash on the 29th.

Team Sand Dollar

Not in the works, and not really a Halloween coin, but the Walpurgis Night Event coins might fit too. They have a flying witch on one side, and on the other side a hat (the one wizards have). There is a cutout in the coin which has the shape of the moon. The icon has the flying witch on it. The coin itself is black, the 2006 version has the hat and the witch in red, the 2007 version is green.

That coin is awesome. Is it for sale still? Or do you know someone who has one to trade? Guess I could look on the geocoin trade list. This is exaclty the kind of coin he's looking for.

Windrose

I have one of each color to trade, and it is still for sale here in Germany (but shipping costs to the US are horrible).

I have both the red and the green one on my trade list.

I love the coin. So even if Jeff decides he's not interested (in that one) I would love to trade for one (maybe both). I will get a list together of what I have to trade when I get home tonight and email it to you.

Thanks,

Windrose

That coin is awesome. Is it for sale still? Or do you know someone who has one to trade? Guess I could look on the geocoin trade list. This is exaclty the kind of coin he's looking for.

Windrose

I want one of these too!

Windrose

I want one of these too!

Still for sale, both red and green. Cachezone Europe I hope I'm allowed to link that. edit to add, I'm fairly certain that the green coin is trackable. . .

Edited by The Moop Along

Windrose

I want one of these too!

Me toooo. Might have to see if I can buy one, if I can't trade.

Say what!! 39 Euros shipping for one coin!! EEK!!!!

I'm sure when I put 1 in my cart and set the shipping, etc it was only 4 Euros for shipping - then updated quantity to 2 coins, and shipping jumped to 39 Euros and is staying that way.

there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim!

Edited by keewee

I'm sure when I put 1 in my cart and set the shipping, etc it was only 4 Euros for shipping - then updated quantity to 2 coins, and shipping jumped to 39 Euros and is staying that way.

I had the same reaction!

If you click on international shipping it changes it to 39 Euros! What the heck? Why is it so much to send a couple of coins to the US from Germany? Is the postage that outrageous when coins are shipped from the US to Germany? Just wondering.

BTW, that is a totally awesome coin. I certainly wouldn't mind having them, either. I'll buy or trade if anyone has some.

I indeed have my Early Halloween Geo Bash coin in hand in 4 metals! Trackable (for sale at $10 each, just a plug!) and has the event coin icon.

So are you selling these? Because when I asked you for a trade you said no. If not selling them at other than the event you should state that. And what is the 4th metal? You told me only three metals were made. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

I've been seeking the 2006 and did not know there was a 2007 and that they were still for sale. Iw as all set to buy till the shippping went through the roof for 2 coins. I emailed Cachezone and got a quick and nice reply from the owner. This is part of what she told me:

What happened is that I used to send coins to America uninsured. Which was the cheapest way to do so. But a German law says when the customer doesn't get the order it is my responsability to take care that the customer get what he/she ordered. So I have to replace the coins by German Law.

Lately American customers didn't get their coins so I had to replace them. Which is too expensive for me.

The high postage is now insured mail.

Seems that insurance is the killer but the vendors have no choice. I think though they are trying to work out a solution because even shipping to other European countries is high.

BTW, both versions are trackable.

I've been seeking the 2006 and did not know there was a 2007 and that they were still for sale. Iw as all set to buy till the shippping went through the roof for 2 coins. I emailed Cachezone and got a quick and nice reply from the owner. This is part of what she told me:

What happened is that I used to send coins to America uninsured. Which was the cheapest way to do so. But a German law says when the customer doesn't get the order it is my responsability to take care that the customer get what he/she ordered. So I have to replace the coins by German Law.

Lately American customers didn't get their coins so I had to replace them. Which is too expensive for me.

The high postage is now insured mail.

Seems that insurance is the killer but the vendors have no choice. I think though they are trying to work out a solution because even shipping to other European countries is high.

BTW, both versions are trackable.

That still can't be right! I just bought 100EUR of coins from another vendor and it only cost me 16EUR for shipping AND insurance. Anyway, we are off topic, and I apologize for that.

Regarding the walpurgis coins, I just have one set (one green an one red) left for trading, and I can only afford to buy one more set to trade, but we might work out something if you put your orders together and let it ship to my address. Depending on weight the shipping to the USA would cost between 13 EUR and 17 EUR (18 $ to 23,50 $) as letter with insurance or parcel with insurance (sorry, it IS that expensive, I havent't even bought a mailer for that money...).

Both coins are trackable with their own icon. And the green LE version (with glow in the dark witch) is sold out, only the regular green one is available (and that is the one I have to trade).

Shipping costs to the US do vary from different European countries. German shipping costs are realtively high. Shipping costs from the Netherlands are lower than from Germany. Don't know about the other countries. Unfortunately (for me) the Netherlands are too far away to bring my mail to the US over there :)

I know someone said this previously but cinamaboxer has one coming out and i've seen a preview...will be worth the wait (micheal Jackson and all)

Yep,

It's in mint right now and it'll be a dandy!!

Aw, c'mon. Let us have a peek!

Here's a taste. Remember this is just art and the metal as you all know will really make things GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT! :)

9870bfa5-fcaf-4e10-8a23-1ac548f084e1.jpg

batmoon.gif

It's coming......mwahahaha...

Do I smell another mystery geocoin?? Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!!! Oh boy, I cannot wait to see possess this one.

...Anthus

Oh boy, a mystery coin. Hey, I have my birthday in October ;)

Hey, my birthday IS Halloween. Can't wait to see (and hold) (and own). ;)

Hey, I hear gridlox can't keep a secret! :unsure:

Wanna bet? :P

(What is it with me and wanting to "bet" tonight?? :unsure: ) :P

Nothing passes forth from me unless I know they don't care if it's shared.

Even then, I usually only "hint" about said "secret" and leave it up to the person(s) make the coins to do the actual reveal. :)

:blink: Let's see... I know what 2 of the secret coins mentioned in the thread here look like and I haven't had a single slip up to reveal even a sneek at them. :)

:lol: (insert "Mission Impossible Theme") ;)

D-mystery-man B)

Hey, I hear gridlox can't keep a secret! :unsure:

Wanna bet? :P

(What is it with me and wanting to "bet" tonight?? :blink: ) :)

Even then, I usually only "hint" about said "secret" and leave it up to the person(s) make the coins to do the actual reveal. B)

:lol: Let's see... I know what 2 of the secret coins mentioned in the thread here look like and I haven't had a single slip up to reveal even a sneek at them. :)

;) (insert "Mission Impossible Theme") :P

D-mystery-man B)

ROTFLMAO - OK... I believe you! I believe you! B)

Actually - I've seen your hints before... at there ain't no guessing em. :unsure:

Even then, I usually only "hint" about said "secret" and leave it up to the person(s) make the coins to do the actual reveal. :blink:

:unsure: Let's see... I know what 2 of the secret coins mentioned in the thread here look like and I haven't had a single slip up to reveal even a sneek at them. :unsure:

Well I too have seen the coins mentioned and knows these will be very saught after coins...will be worth the wait.

batmoon.gif

It's coming......mwahahaha...

With Halloween being my favorite time of year, I cannot wait to see what is in store with this coin! :unsure:

Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to this Halloween treat (I hope it is not a trick :unsure: ). I LOVE Halloween! The girls just got their costumes yesterday...Cinderella and a zombie school girl (my girls are such opposites sometimes!)

Don't forget about me!! I am so cute. 43.gif

pumpkin_animated.gif

Oh wow! This is gonna be a great Halloween. The girls have already gotten their customes (still looking for mine -- mad scientist) and planning is well underway for our Halloween party at the house. All I need is to get my hands on these mystery Halloween geocoins !! :o:D Cannot wait!

...Anthus