Dispatcher Geocoin

AtwellFamily

Any recently installed/upgraded call center should be using flat panel displays, usually multiple per station. And they might have a mouse somewhere. <_< Shirt looks like it is a zipper front instead of what I'm guessing would be a button-up front. Kern the two 1's in the 911 a bit closer so that the space between all digits is uniform.

The phrase needs a bit of work, but I'm having no real luck in thinking of anything better! :anitongue: "For those who answer the call and route the responders." Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. <_<

I agree with dflye about the image not really being representative of what a dispatcher really works with. I'm a dispatcher and at work we use 4 flat panel monitors, 2 keyboards, and 2 mice. A lot of places also do not have you wear a uniform. Closest you'll get is a polo with khaki's. I'm in jeans and t-shirts everyday. The ones that do have you wear a uniform it would definitley have a button up shirt. If you want some actual images I'll see what I can do. As for a saying.. how about "Dispatchers do it with PRIDE" :anitongue:

I agree with dflye about the image not really being representative of what a dispatcher really works with. I'm a dispatcher and at work we use 4 flat panel monitors, 2 keyboards, and 2 mice. A lot of places also do not have you wear a uniform. Closest you'll get is a polo with khaki's. I'm in jeans and t-shirts everyday. The ones that do have you wear a uniform it would definitley have a button up shirt. If you want some actual images I'll see what I can do. As for a saying.. how about "Dispatchers do it with PRIDE" :anitongue:

Something like?

4-fp1_3bay.jpg

or

mdc-console.jpg

Might be difficult to convert to art. Other suggestions on image for back? How about this?

dispatcher.jpg

Edited by Atwell Family

Nice Coin But all dispatchers are not all female.... Also some are going as Communications due to the duties of more than just dispatching calls...... In the Police Department that I work for are title is Communications Officer as we answer phones, dispatch cars, answer and handle 911 calls, fire calls and ems calls, beside many other things. Thanks bickhart814 The job is more mullti-tasking than just a dispatcher anymore. :):P

Edited by bickhart814

Nice Coin But all dispatchers are not all female.... Also some are going as Communications due to the duties of more than just dispatching calls...... In the Police Department that I work for are title is Communications Officer as we answer phones, dispatch cars, answer and handle 911 calls, fire calls and ems calls, beside many other things. Thanks bickhart814 The job is more mullti-tasking than just a dispatcher anymore. :):P

This isn't meant to degrade the position and how important it is. This is to acknowledge those who are the link between victim and responder.

I'll try and have some new artwork later this week. Keep suggestions coming.

I was an E-911 dispatcher - we did all of those things, too.

Nice Coin But all dispatchers are not all female.... Also some are going as Communications due to the duties of more than just dispatching calls...... In the Police Department that I work for are title is Communications Officer as we answer phones, dispatch cars, answer and handle 911 calls, fire calls and ems calls, beside many other things. Thanks bickhart814 The job is more mullti-tasking than just a dispatcher anymore. ;);)

Yeah I go by Police Communications Operator but it's still just dispatching. We do all those things too and then some but it's just the title my department uses.

As for the back of the coin how about using a radio tower? Simpler design and no worries trying to get it looking realistic like if you used a pic of a dispatch console. There's plenty of departments that use the radio tower in their designs.

Nice Coin But all dispatchers are not all female.... Also some are going as Communications due to the duties of more than just dispatching calls...... In the Police Department that I work for are title is Communications Officer as we answer phones, dispatch cars, answer and handle 911 calls, fire calls and ems calls, beside many other things. Thanks bickhart814 The job is more mullti-tasking than just a dispatcher anymore. ;);)

Yeah I go by Police Communications Operator but it's still just dispatching. We do all those things too and then some but it's just the title my department uses.

As for the back of the coin how about using a radio tower? Simpler design and no worries trying to get it looking realistic like if you used a pic of a dispatch console. There's plenty of departments that use the radio tower in their designs.

I like that... Radio tower with this quote:

"In honor of the essential link between victim and responder!"

Edited by Atwell Family

Ok, dropping some $ with a designer to put these ideas to paper. Will have something in a few days.

SWEET! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for making a coin to represent those of us that are behind the scenes. If you need anymore ideas I'd be more then happy to help out.

Ok, dropping some $ with a designer to put these ideas to paper. Will have something in a few days.

SWEET! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for making a coin to represent those of us that are behind the scenes. If you need anymore ideas I'd be more then happy to help out.

I am taking the first patch and using it for the starting point. Adding more detail to the small symbols at the bottom of the patch. The back will be some wording with the radio tower and the tracking info. Would lokk to make the coin 1.75" x 2" tall, depending on cost of course.

Like like designing coins with the help of others, makes it more of a community effort and an overall better coin. Thanks for your help.

Howdy, Mike -

Did you change the tower's radiating circles to raised metal and process yellow vice the alternating red & black bands, or is there something weird going on with the way the .GIF is being displayed on the screen?

You are correct, small change. It must be the perfectionist in me. Even the lady at the mint said something about that to me last night.

Howdy, Mike -

Did you change the tower's radiating circles to raised metal and process yellow vice the alternating red & black bands, or is there something weird going on with the way the .GIF is being displayed on the screen?

You are correct, small change. It must be the perfectionist in me. Even the lady at the mint said something about that to me last night.

No sweat -- I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. ; ) Question: do you think that the 911 text might look better if it were in some off-white color, perhaps a glitter type? I'm thinking that maybe it doesn't stand off of the textured background enough, but plain white would probably overwhelm and detract from the three symbols (and perhaps having the text in some off-white color might also make it so that the white of the snake in the EMT symbol is not quite so isolated; as it stands, it's the only white on the coin). I'm not sure, though...I'd have to try it out and look at it (at home). What do you think?

Question: do you think that the 911 text might look better if it were in some off-white color, perhaps a glitter type?

How about doing the 911 in a glitter gold?

We did a version of it with the text in yellow; the problem is that yellow (at least, Process Yellow) is close enough to the base color of the metal that it didn't really stand out (assuming, of course, that the metal is pale and especially yellow-ish and not, say, black nickel). If there's a glitter color that's a very pale, pale yellow, though, the might be very nice indeed...what do you think, Mike?

First time I have seen this thread. I am a Firefighter/Emt, when this coin comes out please put me down for a couple of them. Very Nice coin idea. I love the job that I do and saving people lives I am honored to do my job. We lost our firehouse this past year due to a tornado in the area that I live in and still is not done rebuilt. Our Fire trucks are all over our township at other firemen's home so when there is a fire we have our men take them to the scene. A shout out to all the people that save lives.

Barry of sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

NICE coin!!! I'm glad I read to the the end... and am very glad to see you included the EMS logo on the coin and put each of the 'fire' 'police' 'ems' on there as their separate entities. My cache partner is an EMT and was a firefighter eons ago. I have always tended to LOVE the patriotic coins but now hunt down things that relate to this field as well..... I'll want some of these when they're done.

Nice job!!!

Great coin. I love the way you went from a cool coin to an awesome coin. Was going to suggest, "Dispatchers send me!" It seems trite, though, in light of the seriousness of the subject. I absolutely love the "Help is on the way!" That rules!

Can't wait to see the final design.