Coolest FTF prizes ever!

Awesomeaussiecachers

Hi there, i am very new to this, am making up a cache to hide and am wondering what sort of things are used as first to find prizes??? I have never come across one yet, as am quite new so would like to know what are common things for FTF prizes. Thanks very much

Here in southern Germany, cachers do often give unactivated coins to the first three finders

Hi there, i am very new to this, am making up a cache to hide and am wondering what sort of things are used as first to find prizes??? I have never come across one yet, as am quite new so would like to know what are common things for FTF prizes. Thanks very much

Here in southern Germany, cachers do often give unactivated coins to the first three finders

Wow! :)

All gifts mentioned in the above posts are very generous prizes.

I think it's important to say that you're not obliged to leave anything as a FTF prize. We've put unactivated geocoins into a couple of our caches as FTF prizes, but we don't do it for all of them. Sometimes we put in a FTF pin badge, or some small, interesting item related to the name or theme of the cache.

But... you don't have to do it!

MrsB

But... you don't have to do it!

MrsB

Of course you dont have to give away FTF rewards! As far as I can tell for cyberberry, we gave away little certificates sometimes and in one case, we were waiting for the three first finders with cake and drinks (the cache is in front of our living room window in the yard).

If you want to give something away, it is also you who decides what and of which value.

Here in northeast Pennsylvania, FTF prizes are usually a small monetary prize ($1, $2, at most $5), a scratch-off instant lottery ticket, a geocaching pin or button, or maybe an unactivated coin. We once put a digital readout indoor/outdoor thermometer in one of ours, and the FTF cacher was very pleased. But most of the time there is no FTF prize at all...it's definitely not obligatory, especially for a quick and easy cache. We generally put them only in harder caches or multis ourselves.

Have 4 FTFs under my belt, and am running 0/4 on FTF prizes. I kind of get the impression that some folks expect FTF prizes, so anything at all that you get is gravy above and beyond the experience of actually being FTF. Having said that, I've got 7 hides now, and have either put in a buck (for the micros), or lottery scratch off tickets in each one. I know FTF prizes aren't required, but it just seems like the little extra bonus is worth it for the trouble of being the first one to prevail.

I'm at about 22 FTF's but only have found one FTF prize. That was for a 10 cache series. And a title related prize of a DVD. I loved it. But I would never expect a FTF prize. In my dreams I get an un-activated coin!!!

I'm working on my first placements...and definitely thinking a lot about what FTF prize to leave. I am leaving something but it won't be a GPS!! lol

OK I think I can top all of the above, and not that I think it was that awesome-- but because I was the talk of the town for this signature item. I had very inexpensive coins made with the words "FTF OUR CACHE MUNIZWALLSCREW" stamped into them. In the middle it says "good luck" with a horse shoe and on the other side in the middle it says "good luck" with a 4 leaf clover. They were about $1 each and I found them on ebay. You can choose up to 36 letters and spaces to have him "type" them into the coin.

I do know it was definately not as pricey as a GPSr or a bar of gold, but something really cool to have to remember your FTF. I am a trinket loving girl (along with my children) so I wanted the person who was the FTF of my cache to have a trinket. Let me know what you think, I have included a picture for you guys. And the website just incase anyone wants to have a signature item for there FTF's.

The site is cachecoin.com and if you order from his ebay page, it says $2 or best offer. I offered him $1 per coin and ordered 10 and he went for it.

I also am getting ready to set out my GOLDRUSH series with a small vial of 24ct gold flake for FTF. This too I found very inexpensive on ebay (I also included a picture of them too).

So with all of that rambling said, I guess it's up to your imagination if you so CHOOSE to put a FTF prize in.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...f3-dd009cf8eb0a

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...dd-eb48fb267834