Garmin eTrex Legend Display problems

Bozz

Any easy fix for display troubles with eTrex Legend series units? Mine started getting lines through the display a while back, and now it goes crazy all the time -- it is unusable. I can depress the top of the screen some and it will go clear for a small time.... then back to scrambled, lines, etc.

I know it can be sent to Garmin for $99, but what is the experience with that -- if it is the only option besides replacement of the unit?

HELP!

Bozz

Because this is a relatively-common problem, and because Garmin is known for its excellent Customer Service, you could call and speak to a representative and see if they will give you an RMA number to send it in for a free repair.

I'll give them a try and see what happens. Anybody successfully get them to do this common repair for FREE?

Thanks,

Bozz

Thanks for all the info -- I contacted Garmin the afternoon and they agreed to "rebuild" mine for just $60 instead of the $99 they had on their website.

So, I got an RMA # and will be sending it out to them. They categorically denied there being an issue with the screens, but opted to cut the price to make me happy.

If I had seen your post prior to paying them $64, then I would have tried it.

Thanks again,

Bozz