Garmin Nuvi 350

eklenken

Lately, there have been several posts about the Nuvi. If you do a Forums Search, you should find the recent discussions where people have mentioned its fragility and lack of water-resistence.

A friend has one, and it works great in the car. Out of the car, you probably want a handheld GPSr such as one of the new Garmin 'H' units.

I'm new to the sport and started out using my 350 and it worked fine. I even took it deep into the woods where there was a heavy tree canopy and it remained locked on. One of the reasons I upgraded to the Garmin MAP60csx was because I didnt like the idea of laying it down in the dirt or running the risk of scratching it while caching. :P

Edited by drew7552

I have a Nuvi 200 and love, love, love it. But I love, love, love it in the car. Yes, it can take in the 'bush', but I wouldn't recommend it. As stated, it's not waterproof. It also has a touch screen and touch screens are not usually known to be very durable.

I agree that a handheld out of the car is a much better idea.

And, as above mentioned, there have been a lot of posts recently about the Nuvi and you won't have to scan very far into the next pages to find them.