Garmin NUVI 200 GPS

Cacheola Crew

I've got a brand new Garmin Nuvi 200 in the box. Used it once to "test it out" in comparison with a couple of other GPS's.

It's hard to compare them in stores and so I had the bright idea to buy a few, and put them through their paces. I took them all on a trip of about 10 miles to see which one I liked the best. I figured I would be able to return the one I didn't choose. Well, I neglected to read the store's return policy which requires a 15% "restocking fee". Yikes, not such a bright idea now.

This GPS has been used just the one time for my test and it is in perfect working condition. It is in the original box and has all the original items inside. I simply chose a different GPS. But it's a great GPS unit...it just comes down to personal preference. Some things I really liked about the NUVI in my comparisons were that it is very slim which makes it convenient to take out of the car and carry it in your pocket. It's POI's are complete with address and phone number, plus it has the ability to download more. The voice on it is loud and clear, and the directions it gives are spot on! It has the ability to store favorites by Longitude and Latitude, so you can see caches along your route. So, if a Garmin Nuvi 200 is the GPS you would like to own, I have it!

It comes shipped in the original box and includes Vehicle suction cup mount, 12-24 volt adapter cable and

Get started guide

$240.00 free shipping.

Here's the skinny on the unit:

Navigate without breaking your budget with NUVI 200. This affordable entry-level Personal Travel Assistant comes with preloaded maps for the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico or regional coverage in other areas. Like all nuvi 200-series members, the 200 features an easy-to-use colorful touchscreen and ultra-slim design -- perfect for everyday navigation.

Navigate With Ease

NUVI 200 comes preloaded with City Navigator® NT map data for the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico (no Alaska or Canada) Simply touch the color sunlight-readable screen to enter a destination, and NUVI takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, NUVI 200 accepts custom points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.

Go Beyond Navigation

Navigation is just the beginning. NUVI 200 features many travel tools, including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Optional plug-in SD cards for our line of Garmin Travel Guides and Garmin SaversGuide provide detailed data for attractions and information on nearby merchants offering discounts, so you can customize NUVI for your travel needs.

NUVI 200: It's a whole NU way to travel.

Features:

Receiver: high-sensitivity WAAS-enabled GPS receiver

Display: 2.8"W x 2.1"H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 3.5 diag (8.9 cm), 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA color antiglare TFT with white backlight

Unit dimensions: 3.8"W x 2.8"H x .8"D (9.7 x 7.1 x 2 cm)

Weight: 5.2 ounces (147.42 g)

Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, up to 5 hours of battery life depending on use

Includes Garmin Lock an anti-theft feature

Fingertip touchscreen interface

Look up addresses and points of interest

Choose 2D or 3D maps

Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cameras with POI Loader

Built in Travel Kit includes picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters, calculator and more

SD card slot

Cacheola Crew Mom

Edited by Cacheola Crew

Which one did you decide to keep over this one.As i have been looking for at auto gps's also.

Believe it or not, I decided to keep a cheapie, NEXTAR C3. I bought it last month and there were some things I did not like about it and that is why I decided to try out some others. What I don't like about the NEXTAR C3 is that you cannot enter new favorites as longitude and latitude and so I cannot put geocache coords into it. Also, it doesn't zoom out any further than 10 miles which makes it hard to see where you are in relation to other cities or towns.

However, after trying out both this NUVI 200 and a TomTom 510, I've found that maybe those two are just too much GPS for my needs. They do a lot, but that makes them both a little more complicated, and I'm just a simple girl! But I'm sure it is the right GPS for someone, like I mentioned, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Someone posted a youtube video about the Nuvi 250 which is just the NUVI 200 with some additional maps, so you could take a look at how it works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKyqquHPwk