Has everyone heard about the AGT caches?

H2OBob

Thanks for the heads-up. Is a mass release of caches planned? So far, the reviewers are only seeing yours.

Please note the following from the Cache Listing Requirements / Guidelines:

If you are placing a large number of caches to be published on the same date (for example, on the day of an event cache), please submit the cache pages for all of the caches at least ten days in advance of the release date. Leave a “note to reviewer” indicating that the cache is to be released on the date specified. This allows your reviewer adequate time to review the submissions or to arrange for help from another reviewer.

If there are a lot of caches in this project, please allow lead time so that the reviewers can cover the extra workload. At least two of the PA cache reviewers have travel plans around the time of the October 1st launch date referenced in your post.

If further details are available, please contact me by e-mail and I will share this info. with the other volunteers. We look forward to working with the hiders involved in this project.

If further details are available, please contact me by e-mail and I will share this info. with the other volunteers. We look forward to working with the hiders involved in this project.

Keystone, you've got mail!

Hello, I'm the project manager for this monstrous undertaking. Caches are being hidden as I write this. We've instructed those doing the hides to request a delayed publish date (October 1).

Meanwhile, yes, this is one huge geotrail! It will cover 10 counties, spanning 200 miles across northwestern Pennsylvania, into north-central Pennsylvania. New caches will be added to it on a regular basis, into next year. We are budgeted to support up to 200 caches, total, over the 10 counties. You'll need a (free) passport to verify your finds, and the big prize is your own geocoin from each of the 10 counties, including a grand 11th coin representing all the counties, if you do them all.

More info here AGT-Logo-small.gif

Bump.

My cache is out there, waiting for the first of October. A two mile hike, but it's worth it! I had a lot of fun setting it up. I even learned a little HTML for the occasion.

Don't forget the AGT-Allegheny GeoTrail Kick-Off Geomeet (GC15GZK) on September 30th at Oil Creek State Park. You can get all the info and your passport there. You'll need the passport to log your finds using the stamps in the caches.

See ya there! :laughing:

This looks like a great project. Wish I was closer, but it has me thinking about a return to Potter Co where I spent part of every summer from 1955 until 1968 and again with my kids from the mid 70's until about 1990. Just did a 20 mile search around Ole Bull State Park. Been really close to every cache location at some time or other.

Just completed the 10 counties on Sunday morning...it was quiet a challenge to do in 6 days of caching...got six of the coins and the rest are not ready yet...THIS IS A GREAT SERIES AND IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO DO ANY OF THEM...TAKE IT...THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT PUT FORTH THE EFFORT TO DO THIS. THANKS AGAIN.

Just completed the 10 counties on Sunday morning...it was quiet a challenge to do in 6 days of caching...got six of the coins and the rest are not ready yet...THIS IS A GREAT SERIES AND IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO DO ANY OF THEM...TAKE IT...THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT PUT FORTH THE EFFORT TO DO THIS. THANKS AGAIN.

Congratulations!! Doing sixty caches in 6 days in ten counties is quite an accomplishment!

In fact, you may be the first to complete the series! Does anyone know for sure? I know that the AGT series has been a real boost to the area. Lots of new cachers, and many cachers coming from other areas, not to mention the locals renewed interest.

Congratulations!! Doing sixty caches in 6 days in ten counties is quite an accomplishment!

In fact, you may be the first to complete the series! Does anyone know for sure? I know that the AGT series has been a real boost to the area. Lots of new cachers, and many cachers coming from other areas, not to mention the locals renewed interest.

I met Tammy 526 and Danh2 at Justis View on my next to the last Cache for completion. We had a great little chat. I also ran into them on my last Cache to complete the AGT series on Saturday Nov. 3rd. The BEER WELL. I know that the Carels completed the AGT at least a week ago and the PA Wingers have completed it too. Not sure how many others have. These are a few friends, that I know, that have completed it. Thanks H2Obob for your bookmark list. It was a great help.

It would be kinda nice to have a list of the people that have completed the AGT though. Wonder how we would get that on the AGT page?

I met Tammy 526 and Danh2 at Justis View on my next to the last Cache for completion. We had a great little chat. I also ran into them on my last Cache to complete the AGT series on Saturday Nov. 3rd. The BEER WELL. I know that the Carels completed the AGT at least a week ago and the PA Wingers have completed it too. Not sure how many others have. These are a few friends, that I know, that have completed it. Thanks H2Obob for your bookmark list. It was a great help.

It would be kinda nice to have a list of the people that have completed the AGT though. Wonder how we would get that on the AGT page?

We got 3 counties left, and we are knocking one of them out this weekend...I think we will be done by the end of November...it's been fun, We got a lot of new counties and grid spaces for the All County and DeLorme challenges... We also plan on trying to get all the caches (20) for each county next spring/summer...

Edited by Guyute1210

We got our first two stamps in Vernago County on the kick off day, and got our final approval stamp on 10-10-2007, we used that day to drive around and get our passport stamps confirmed in all ten counties. The offices, where you get the approvel stamps, close in the afternoon, and we were sometimes caching into the wee hours.

We had a great time doing the AGT trail and are now awaiting to get the coins, we have only gotten four of the coins so far.

We did the counties while it still was great fall weather, and we did a few with some of our friends, but mostly we did it alone, we have found a few more AGT caches after we finished the sixty AGT caches, so now we are just trying to see how many stamps we can get in our passport all together.

actual days of caching = 9

average caches per day = 6.7

coins received = 6

miles driven while doing the agt = 1310.5

number of counties = 10

fellow cachers SEEN while caching = 5

new cachers i got to start caching = 3

having fun geocaching = PRICELESS

well i have had a great time caching the 10 counties, i am dissappointed that all the coins are not in but understand, surprised that the 11th coin is not available yet!

i am planning on going back to all counties to do all that i haven't done starting in the spring,

i know that there are several others that are done or close to be done, i think there is more done than what we expect (kerbear, rhelt, purple kv, hannah, keystonecanoer, ranger bobc,tammy)

like others i also thought that i needed to rush to get done so i would definately have a coin since it was announced that there is only 1000 coins per county, but i now know that it wasnt neccessary but i had a great time caching

like i said i had a great time caching and seeing the sites also was great

HAPPY CACHING EVERYONE!!!!

glad to see chickadee posting on here. yep-enjoying the geotrail. have 1.33333 counties left. hope to finish crawford-need 2. then jefferson to get the 6 min. for all counties. plan to go back to all these counties and cache some more. if you're in potter county-austin campground was very nice - had the cleanest nicest campground bathrooms I've seen and shower water was hot. they are pet friendly and priced very cheap. plan to stay there again in the warmer months. since the trail is about tourism-thought I should post about where we stayed! the campgound is very close to austin dam agt for a reference point.

yep, been posting about 2 weeks, since i have so much time available i can do it now

i will agree with kerbear that austin campground was very nice and clean in potter county - sites do seem real close

also whispering winds in warren/mckean county was ok again the sites seem close and only 1 bathroom and it was a walk away

we plan to go back to all the counties to finish up the ones we havent done yet in the spring thru fall, i plan to be in the counties allot longer than a few hours

the allegheny geotrail is a great way to get people into their counties to see what they have to offer - way to go!!!