Staffordshire 2007 Geocoin

This coin is now available for purchase. I hope to sell it mainly at Events for £4-50 (Antique Gold) or £5-00 (Limited Edition, Antique Silver) and it will be available at the Chester Event on 18 Sept. I will also mail it out to people in UK and Ireland (payment will be by cheque) for an additional £1 for postage and packing. Please email me directly, via Geocaching.com.

The front of this coin features a bottle oven which is a unique feature of the Potteries Area of Staffordshire. These ovens were used for firing ceramics. At the highpoint there were more than 4,000 bottle ovens. There are now less than 40 left.

The reverse depicts Cannock Chase along with a Stafford knot, sometimes erroneously referred to as the Staffordshire Knot. This first made its formal appearance in the County on the Heraldic Shield of the Stafford family in 1583. Since then, its use has become widespread and it appears on all manner of things made, used or published in the County.

It is trackable on Geocaching.com and will have its own icon.

For cachers outside the UK, it is also available from Hogwild. Please refer to

www.Hogwildstuff.org

At the moment it is on the Future Projects Blog page and this includes a picture of the coin. Unfortunately I don't know how to include a picture here - can anybody do so for me?

This coin is now available for purchase. I hope to sell it mainly at Events for £4-50 (Antique Gold) or £5-00 (Limited Edition, Antique Silver) and it will be available at the Chester Event on 18 Sept. I will also mail it out to people in UK and Ireland (payment will be by cheque) for an additional £1 for postage and packing. Please email me directly, via Geocaching.com.

The front of this coin features a bottle oven which is a unique feature of the Potteries Area of Staffordshire. These ovens were used for firing ceramics. At the highpoint there were more than 4,000 bottle ovens. There are now less than 40 left.

The reverse depicts Cannock Chase along with a Stafford knot, sometimes erroneously referred to as the Staffordshire Knot. This first made its formal appearance in the County on the Heraldic Shield of the Stafford family in 1583. Since then, its use has become widespread and it appears on all manner of things made, used or published in the County.

It is trackable on Geocaching.com and will have its own icon.

For cachers outside the UK, it is also available from Hogwild. Please refer to

www.Hogwildstuff.org

At the moment it is on the Future Projects Blog page and this includes a picture of the coin. Unfortunately I don't know how to include a picture here - can anybody do so for me?

Does anyone know if there are any of these coins left? I have PM'ed The Haywood Hornet a couple of times over the last few months, via gc.com but had no response. :laughing:

Yes they are still available from me. I apologise to anybody who has tried to send me a message but I have received nothing via Geocaching.com for over a week now - is there a problem here? (I have replied to ever one tha I have received.)

My email is Iain_Rowlands@excite.com.

I will be selling them at the Christmas Dinner Event this Saturday - you don't have to eat and are welcome to come along and say hello. Food is at 1-15 but I will be there from midday (I hope!).