No More TB's For Me....

TexasGringo

I just re-released about 25 TB's on the copy tags. They have been missing for several years.

But I have also had them come back. For example, a muggle finds a cache containing my TB. Takes the TB to a state 1200 miles away and drops in a park. Creates and account and logs it with a note that they found it and took it home and placed it in a nearby park. No reply to my e-mails. 4 months later, a cacher finds my TB in the bushes and no cache anywhere near. They place the TB in a real cache and 2 days later, the cache gets muggled. Sounds like a heck of a story.

But... this is a TB story and I am moving it to the TB forums.

Out of 9 TB's I had out...They are basically gone. Missing, Archived Caches, Not logged In or Out, People logged them out and never moved them....etc.

Except for maybe using them as a 1st to find prize...I'm Not wasting anymore money on them...or Geocoins or Pathtags.

Although, I would be happy to take'em off your hands and re-release them. :)

Out of 9 TB's I had out...They are basically gone. Missing, Archived Caches, Not logged In or Out, People logged them out and never moved them....etc.

My gut feeling from reading the forums is that at least 50% of TB's go missing in a year or two. So, 9 out of 9 is well within the expected loss rate. Of course, it sucks if all 9 are yours. :-(

I am just starting to release my own TB's, and I am going to try not to get too upset when they vanish. I like TB's.

Cheers

There isn't anything to indicate that this TB is missing.

Ditto with this TB.

This one is possibly missing, cache was emptied, but it's possible someone who has 8 finds may have grabbed it, they logged that they "grabbed a couple of TB's that wanted a ride, and they could have taken it.

This one is in the hands of a cacher.

Ditto, but they don't cache often.

Ditto again.

Yes, missing.

Gone, too bad.

Sadly in the hands of someone who started out gung ho, but has not been back caching since their first month.

But I wouldn't say they are all completely gone, there is still hope for these bugs.

There isn't anything to indicate that this TB is missing.

Ditto with this TB.

This one is possibly missing, cache was emptied, but it's possible someone who has 8 finds may have grabbed it, they logged that they "grabbed a couple of TB's that wanted a ride, and they could have taken it.

This one is in the hands of a cacher.

Ditto, but they don't cache often.

Ditto again.

Yes, missing.

Gone, too bad.

Sadly in the hands of someone who started out gung ho, but has not been back caching since their first month.

I would send a friendly reminder via email to those TBs in the hands of a cacher to either drop them back into circulation or mail them back to you. One of mine disappeared for several months, I contacted the cacher who picked it up. He said he dropped it "somewhere in MT", I bugged him about it a little (politely) and it magically appeared a couple of weeks later in one of his caches in Illinois... Don't give up on them just yet, your's may reappear too.