I need help with instructions on posting pictures

Degai

Is there anyone out there who can help me with instructions on how to post pictures and how to get an avatar picture? Mind you, you will be posting for a total illiterate computer person who doesn't know a whole heck of a lot about the technicalities of computer lingo. This has to be in the very basic terms, if I am ever going to understand it.

I love it when people post pictures and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. . .so I am trying to avoid the thousand words sometimes, if you know what I mean. :)

Adding or editing your avatar is done on your profile page.

Go to your account and click on "Edit my Profile" on the right hand side.

Scroll down and you will see YOUR AVATAR and YOUR PHOTO. Click "change/edit" or "choose avatar" under YOUR AVATAR.

Upload a photo of your choice to your profile page by clicking on "upload a new photo" or choose one that's already there.

Double click the photo you want to use as your avatar and it should show up under the button on the right.

This is where it gets tricky....

Now, above that photo on the right will be a button "Select Avatar" which you MUST CLICK or your changes won't take.

Then, you also have to click "re-register the changes" link in the text on that page.

voilà - you got it!

Edited by Rattlebars

Wow! Thanks Blue Deuce and Rattlebars for the information. I will try to do these in the next couple of days, when I'm not so tired.

Just to give you an idea of how lame I am when I clicked on the link about frequently asked questions, I couldn't find my way back to thank you. It took me a while, but I finally found it.

If I cannot do it, I hope I can get in touch with you for more information. :)