Weird and Wonderful

3 schools of thought

We are relatively new to caching, but love it. We were really bemused recently to find a cache with a wooden clothes peg in it. Who put that there? Why? Who puts a wooden peg in their pocket and goes geocaching? Admittedly we once went caching and forgot to take any swaps with us so we weren't going to take anything, but then my daughter saw something she really wanted so we put 50p in the cache....we didn't just go through our pockets and say, 'Ohhh here's a peg...we'll use that.' :lol:

None of us minded at all - the point of geocaching is not really the swaps or goodies inside the cache...although it can be facinating, and the kids love it, but I still wonder sometimes...what was the story behind the peg. :lol:

We are relatively new to caching, but love it. We were really bemused recently to find a cache with a wooden clothes peg in it. Who put that there? Why? Who puts a wooden peg in their pocket and goes geocaching? Admittedly we once went caching and forgot to take any swaps with us so we weren't going to take anything, but then my daughter saw something she really wanted so we put 50p in the cache....we didn't just go through our pockets and say, 'Ohhh here's a peg...we'll use that.' :lol:

None of us minded at all - the point of geocaching is not really the swaps or goodies inside the cache...although it can be facinating, and the kids love it, but I still wonder sometimes...what was the story behind the peg. :lol:

I believe that is a signature item of a cacher named Geo Dee. He has well over 6000 finds and I don't think he ever takes anything from the cache, but leaves a wooden clothes pin (inexpensive) to let you know he has been there. I suppose if you were to start taking them you would end up with a heck of clothes line!

I believe that is a signature item of a cacher named Geo Dee. He has well over 6000 finds and I don't think he ever takes anything from the cache, but leaves a wooden clothes pin (inexpensive) to let you know he has been there. I suppose if you were to start taking them you would end up with a heck of clothes line!

I was going to say that i too think that it could have been a signature item. But i am surprised that it didn't have any markings such as his name, date, or other information written on it. It would be worth a hefty penny if you found one that was autographed! :lol:

OOooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh suddenly it all makes sense! :lol:

Thanks (both of you) for telling me! I'd not come across one before but yeah you're right - I could end up with a whole clothes line in the end!

Interesting signature item...well, when I say 'interesting' I suppose I mean, 'unusual' :lol:

So glad I asked ....maybe I'll get some sleep now! :lol: