Lets See Your Coin Collection

Arndtwe

I started this thread to give evryone a chance to show off your geocoins (and pins if you'd like), and to let those who don't have a firm grasp on what they are to learn. So, please, post pictures of your coins! Tell us the name of that coin, and where you got, just give a little background on them, we're all interested. Right now, my collection simply consists of one coin.

This is my one coin

geo-ach-0100-200.gif

I purchased this coin online at www.coinsandpins.com, on the day of my 100th find. It has my Geocaching name etched on the back in the custom etching area. I hope to reach 250 finds soon and get my next coin! There is a pin that came with it, but i didn't put a picture up because it looks identical to the coin(and there isn't a pic of just it).

This is a picture of the other pin that i own.

Pin_Rev2150.JPG

I got this pin in an FTF cache that i found near my house out in the middle of no where. It was quiet a challenge finding this cache, but it had a great reward

Anyway, all that to say, please share your pictures of your coins for our enjoyment, thanks!

Maybe this thread would be better off where it started...after all those guys dont have nearly the collection as us and it would be interesting to see what the general caching population has in there collection, which for them would be easy to list and brag about...for us, sheesh we could go on forever on the coins we have and what they mean to us.

Sometimes they dont come here for a reason...maybe if it was retitled or subtitled "Coin collections of the general population"...maybe then it would fly. But I think it would be interesting to see how many over there may have a collection that we dont see over here in the coin forum.

Ditto what everyone has said so far...Some of us have whole bookshelves full of coins in binders, that I must say are quite interesting to see, but we all have already seen em...not that I wouldnt wanna see em again...cause thats a bunch of coins!!! :D

Congratulation Arndtwe !!

And good for you for striving for that 250 cache mark and rewarding yourself with a coin!!!

One of the coolest things I ever found in a cache was a pin from Pink Pachyderm. And I have also found a Moun10Bike pin.

dbdbe0fa-faa9-4680-8121-c27b798bd19e.jpg

tp.gif

The major coin that I found in a cache (that was swag not a traveler) was a Geocoin Fairy Coin.

7be4a3dd-cdb5-4bc2-ba94-2fee81293c37.jpg

You can see some pics of peoples collections at

http://www.cointracking.com

or

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/

Happy caching!

I couldn't fit my collection into 1 photo unless it was just of the stacked binders :D

Send me your collection I will take photo it for you. :D

DON'T DO IT AG.....Your being bamboozled I tell ya :)

If you just send me the coins that I don't have in my collection, I'll take care of the photos.

That may save you some on the shipping charges. Of course, I'll pay for the shipping if you need.

Well, since I'm just getting started my coins will fit onto one scan.

Most of them are from the generosity of others here, although The Huskies, the Guardian coin, and the Swedish coins I purchased myself....pity I can't summon the courage to let any of them travel... yet! I can't wait to see what the coming weeks bring for my little collection/burgeoning addiction, hehehe!

coinsil9.jpg

Well, since I'm just getting started my coins will fit onto one scan.

Most of them are from the generosity of others here, although The Huskies, the Guardian coin, and the Swedish coins I purchased myself....pity I can't summon the courage to let any of them travel... yet! I can't wait to see what the coming weeks bring for my little collection/burgeoning addiction, hehehe!

coinsil9.jpg

That little potatoe head is cute!!

Congratulation Arndtwe !!

And good for you for striving for that 250 cache mark and rewarding yourself with a coin!!!

One of the coolest things I ever found in a cache was a pin from Pink Pachyderm. And I have also found a Moun10Bike pin.

dbdbe0fa-faa9-4680-8121-c27b798bd19e.jpg

tp.gif

The major coin that I found in a cache (that was swag not a traveler) was a Geocoin Fairy Coin.

7be4a3dd-cdb5-4bc2-ba94-2fee81293c37.jpg

You can see some pics of peoples collections at

http://www.cointracking.com

or

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/

Happy caching!

OHHHHH, I love pins almost as much as geocoins and pathtags, I will trade you one of my (soon to arrive) personal geocoins for the moun10bike pin:)

I'll share ours! Pardon the background, but I didnt feel like rearranging the living room to hide little guy's toy corner! B)

coincollection.jpg

Its our personal collection, and my own coins as well! Some are stacked in piles rather than spreading them out.

Finally got to arrange them how I wanted after this quick photo op!

B):P

Just arranged my growing collection with the latest arrivals on my table. Not on the picture is my travelling Travel Slug.

Edit: Oooh, and I forgot to include the GW5 Sunburst coin... <_< it is not in my wooden box I keep my coins, but it sits on a piece of old wood on my window so that the light can shine through it... looks so beautiful :anitongue:

Coins.jpg

Edited by Steinwälzer

OMG!!! I can only hope to gain as many coins as I see in these pics!!! I just caught the goecoin bug and my mouth is wide open looking at these huge collections. I want them all, lol!!!

oh dear! well you had better read this and drool on the coin pics too - the gold set is in my collection <_<

Other than that i like to collect

decypher coins, event coins, animals, glow in the dark and especially black nickel coins.

unknown.pngcap-australia-dark.thumbnail.jpg

oops forgot the blurb you asked for! Briefly this is Ellandel's geocoin #4 of his mega caching around the planet project - he chose me as his oceanic ambassador after I answered a wanted ad <_< so I made this design for him and he sent me some of the coin(s). On the back which is designed by Ronde Haan who has retired :anitongue: is the australian flag. The rainbow snake represents modern multiculturalism and aboriginal roots including the 'dark constellation' you can see framed by glowing stars.

Edited by forthferalz

OMG!!! I can only hope to gain as many coins as I see in these pics!!! I just caught the goecoin bug and my mouth is wide open looking at these huge collections. I want them all, lol!!!

oh dear! well you had better read this and drool on the coin pics too - the gold set is in my collection <_<

Other than that i like to collect

decypher coins, event coins, animals, glow in the dark and especially black nickel coins.

unknown.pngcap-australia-dark.thumbnail.jpg

oops forgot the blurb you asked for! Briefly this is Ellandel's geocoin #4 of his mega caching around the planet project - he chose me as his oceanic ambassador after I answered a wanted ad <_< so I made this design for him and he sent me some of the coin(s). On the back which is designed by Ronde Haan who has retired :anitongue: is the australian flag. The rainbow snake represents modern multiculturalism and aboriginal roots including the 'dark constellation' you can see framed by glowing stars.

That's BEAUTIFUL! It's rare these days that I see a coin that makes me say "oh, wow!"

A recent collection at the Burning Micro Event... can you name them?

9f01303d-da8e-4d45-8e60-4a2cee1a25b7.jpg

:anitongue: I can, but that would be cheating because I'm in the picture too. That's one of my favorite events each each! I was so surprised to see so many travel from so far way to attend -- like Avroair, Dhenninger, Nielsenc. Good times!

Can you imagine how big the coin collection would be if all those in the photo combined their collections?!?!

I recognize a couple of people....but would someone like to post everyone's name there??

We have no pictures of our entire collection...it would be a stack of binders. But we did start to take photos of the non trackables that we have. It really really really needs to be updated - (hint for PengoDaddy)

check it out:

PengoFamily non trackables

Can you imagine how big the coin collection would be if all those in the photo combined their collections?!?!

I recognize a couple of people....but would someone like to post everyone's name there??

Here ya go...

Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy, Doc, Sneezy, Dopey, Bashful...

Edited by DresselDragons

Here ya go...

Wait a minute, I see at least three Dopeys :anitongue:

Here ya go...

Wait a minute, I see at least three Dopeys ;)

Only 3? I saw 266 of them!

Names (alphabetical order):

Anthus, Avroair, D@nimal, Dhenninger, Dressel Dragons, Pghlooking, Ratjumper, Steel City Babes, Yemon Yime Not Pictured: TMOCM