60CSx Backlight Flickers

Thot

OK...Just set my 60Csx to those settings and all looks good on my end. How much battery power do you have left? What is your software verions and GPS SW version? Mine are 3.30 for software and 2.90 for GPS SW.

Also...what kind of batteries are you using? I have alkaline.

I am just trying to see if I can duplicate the problem.

OK...Just set my 60Csx to those settings and all looks good on my end. How much battery power do you have left? What is your software verions and GPS SW version? Mine are 3.30 for software and 2.90 for GPS SW.

This happens with fresh batteries or any battery condition

Same versions as yours

NiMH batteries.

This happens with fresh batteries or any battery condition

Same versions as yours

NiMH batteries.

Well....the only difference that I can tell so far is our batteries. I have the alkaline. That really shouldn't do it, though. How old is your unit? I got mine in January of this year and started having problems turning it on and off. I sometimes had to take the batteries out to turn it off and never knew if I would get it turned back on. I sent it off under warranty and got it back yesterday.

Have your tried increasing the timeout function just to see if that matters?

How old is your unit?

It's about four months old.

I think you've answered my question. It shouldn't be doing this.

I had a great experience with customer support and you should, too. I sent my unit on a Tuesday, they received it on Thursday, and sent a new out on Monday...and I had a new unit on Wednesday. Not a bad turn around. Oh....don't do what I did. I removed batteries, SD card, lanyard and the belt clip..but I didn't take the button off for the belt clip. When I got my new unit, it didn't have the button on it, either. I forgot the darn things screw on or off. I did email tech support and they are going to send me one, but save yourself some time and trouble.

Good luck.

The backlight on my 60CSx flickers at a frequency of about once a second. Is this normal?

Mine does this also. I find that altering the backlight level, the flicker goes away. Flickers at 70, not at 75, etc.

Hmmm . . . I don't know whether that's good or bad. If most people's did it, it would be normal. If nobody else's did it it would be a defect. But, if a very few people's do it????????????????????

I didn't know you could set specific numbers. Pressing the off button just seems to index mine through 3-4 discrete settings.

Goldilocks, where are you when we need you.

Edited by Thot

I got a factory refurbished garmin and have noticed a slight flicker. That would not bother me if I knew it were normal and not a sign of things to come.

I just got of the phone from garmin for another problem, drifting and wandering while sitting still. We did a hard reset and it seems to be ok now. I am letting both my vista hcx and venture hc sit on my windowsill while turned on. Hopefully they will compare.

I'm glad you posted this info! When I called garmin they said they had not heard of such a thing and i said I didn't want to send my unit in right now if it wasn't going to get any worse. I have had headlamps that flickered somewhat and wondered if it was a feature of the led in my unit.

My flickering has not gotten any worse, and I seem to have forgotten all about it. It seems more noticable in certain types of light so that would lend credence to that theory. Or fact as it where.