50 years of satellite technology! Sputnik Geocoin!

Eric K

This geocoin is from an idea conceived by Geocacher Zork V from New Zealand who currently has 575 finds!

This geocoin celebrates Octobers 50th anniversary of the Sputnik satellite, the first artificial satellite ever launched.

The other side of the coin celebrates the future of satellite technology with the Galileo satellite system!

Reserve your Sputnik coin here:

Sputnik Geocoin Reservations

galileofront.jpgsputnikfront.jpg

Ok, so I see the small black letters that give the shipping price per coin. The huge red letters is what caught my attention, though.

Now that I re-read the whole thing again, I also see:

"Invoicing will begin approximately February early March" :D

Recycled any good web pages recently?

Hey, that's better than Ethiopia, by their calendar it just now turned to the year 2000! :D

Ordered up some of these nice looking coins, can't resist satellite themed coins. :D

Ok, so I see the small black letters that give the shipping price per coin. The huge red letters is what caught my attention, though.

Now that I re-read the whole thing again, I also see:

"Invoicing will begin approximately February early March" :D

Recycled any good web pages recently?

It is a typo. It will be corrected.

I never received my email to send pre-payment. Email was never answered regarding this either???

Do you know when invoicing will be going out?

You've got mail! :lol:

The order you just reserved is on the list and we will e-mail you an invoice tonight.

I also noticed your e-mail you sent recently didn't have a subject line. When contacting USA Geocoins via e-mail please make sure your e-mail has a subject line or it may be accidentally marked as spam by our filters.

Thanks!

P.S. Edited to add all the pre-paid invoices have been sent. If you pre-paid and did not get an invoice contact us at support at usageocoins dot com

Edited by Eric K

I never received my email to send pre-payment. Email was never answered regarding this either???

Do you know when invoicing will be going out?

You've got mail! :lol:

The order you just reserved is on the list and we will e-mail you an invoice tonight.

I also noticed your e-mail you sent recently didn't have a subject line. When contacting USA Geocoins via e-mail please make sure your e-mail has a subject line or it may be accidentally marked as spam by our filters.

Thanks!

P.S. Edited to add all the pre-paid invoices have been sent. If you pre-paid and did not get an invoice contact us at support at usageocoins dot com

thanks I'll get it sent out as soon as I receive it

Today is the day, 50 years since the first satillite in space.

Don't miss out on this fantastic geocoin.

Without Sputnik we may never have had Geocaching

(That thought gives me the "Hebee Gebees")

:shocked::o

Did you make a standard reservation or the pre-pay reservations? The invoices for the pre-paid reservations have all been sent out.

We were hoping to have the coins in by now, we hope to have them in late next week barring any unforeseen delays.

Update!

The coins are in stock. All of the pre-paid orders shipped out this morning.

The remaining invoices have been e-mailed and will be processed next week.

If you made a reservation and did not get an invoice please resubmit here, also if you did not get in on the initial reservations feel free to use the link below.

225 were made available for sale.

http://www.usageocoins.com/sputnik.htm

I'm really psyched to see this coin!

Thanks to a tip from a fellow geocacher in the "Coin in orbit" thread, we were able to see the International Space Station as it flew over eastern PA at 8:00PM yesterday, the 50th anniversary of Sputnik. WOW! Very cool, you must try it.

Has anybody made an ISS coin? Maybe somebody can take this idea and run with it.