Is it ok to leave......

Stormstaff

I belong to one of the local dojos. Would it be ok to leave a business card that is worth 4 free classes in caches? I'm not wanting to use this as a trade item, just something to help someone try a sport that I enjoy without having to pay to try.

I am only a student here, so it's not like I'm an owner or anything. If I haven't explained something correctly, please ask questions.

Thanks for your time and advice!!

Well if it didn't do it for you why don't you leave it for the next person? It makes no since to remove something because you would not use it.

Because it has no value. It's not like a filled-up card where the next sub is free. Granted I haven't seen this business card offering four free classes but it's hard to know that some cacher was trying to share their love of something by trying to get me to go to a place of business. I see anything close to buy one-get one free I consider it an advertisement/coupon and I'm going to cito it.

Was I wrong to do so? Well, I figure I'm free to trade for whatever is in the cache as long as I trade up or even. You certainly can leave it in the cache if you so choose.

You can, but if I came across it I would consider it nothing more than junk mail and remove it.

I would suggest leaving something that shares an insight to the practice and might spark an interest. Four free classes just doesn't do it for me.

I don't see a thing wrong with leaving the freebie. It might be junk to you but others would find it to be nice cache swag. You shouldn't remove it unless it was wet, mildewy, expired, etc,,

Actually, your suggestion to leave materials that might spark an interest seem more out of line to me as that would be solicitition of a sort. Honestly though, i really don't see a problem with doing this either. Just mentioning it because i figure that someone might come along and somehow look at it this way.

Actually, your suggestion to leave materials that might spark an interest seem more out of line to me as that would be solicitition of a sort. Honestly though, i really don't see a problem with doing this either. Just mentioning it because i figure that someone might come along and somehow look at it this way.

I don't mean something that would relate to a specific business, I mean like a signature item of the sport/practice. Like if you are into guitars you leave guitar picks, and such.

Besides you don't think four free classes isn't a solicitation?

edited to add besides.

Edited by BlueDeuce
You can, but if I came across it I would consider it nothing more than junk mail and remove it.

I would suggest leaving something that shares an insight to the practice and might spark an interest. Four free classes just doesn't do it for me.

I would love to find something like this...and I would use it. This is really no different than somebody leaving a coupon for a free pizza in a cache. Which I would also use :) .

I wouldn't trash it out unless it were my own cache but it just isn't the same as a free pizza. I would view it as near valuless as well. Certainly would not encourage me to look into the sport - since that is the stated outcome - I don't think it is a good idea.

In the end I would leave it with the business card for Pete's Copy Center in the bottom of the cACHE..

Free coffee, yep. Free pizza, well yeah. Free classes in a martial arts dicipline? Nah, I'll pass, but somebody else might like it. If there was a whole stack of them I'd think less of it than if there was only one. Is it a solicitation? Probably. Would it hurt me in some way? Nope, not in the least. I say enjoy.

hairball

Sorry, dojo = gym in Japanese. Actually, I've been interested in karate for awhile but never tried it. My son started, then my wife then I tried it with one of the 2 weeks (4 classes) free to see if I really was interested. I've found it to be alot of fun. Work, yes. Fun, yes.

Would I like to see someone sign up and join the dojo because of this? Sure I would, the more the merrier. Would I like the thought of someone trying karate that's wondered if the sport is for them because of a card I left? Sure I would. Am I trying to "sell" memberships to the dojo? Nope. Just hoping to share something with a fellow human being that they may enjoy, but would've never tried had it not been for something as simple as a 2 weeks free card I left.

Sorry to be long winded, just trying to explain and be as honest as possible to all you good folks.

I would love to find something like this...and I would use it. This is really no different than somebody leaving a coupon for a free pizza in a cache. Which I would also use :) .

This is basically what I was thinking too. Trade items are pretty much OK.