City Navigator 2008 NT/DVD

moonpup

Hi all,

Trying to decide between CN2008 DVD or NT.

Is there a difference in speed when re-drawing maps using the higher compressed NT version on a 60CSx? Is there no difference at all? If the re-drawing speed of the maps is important to me, should I get the plain CN 2008?

Thanks!

I have CN NA V8 (non-NT). I had an issue with the upgrade to CN 2008, so Garmin upgraded me to CN NA 2008 NT.

I have not specifically run them side by side to see if there was a difference, but my impression is that there is not a difference in the re-draw speed.

In my conversations with Garmin they have said (multiple times) that there is no difference in performance. What the user would notice is the ability to fit NT on a 1 gig card as opposed to a 2 gig card. Of course, with a 2 gig card there would be space for other things.

Well, that's good to hear. I guess I can finally go ahead and upgrade my CN v7, although I'll have to buy the full version....since I can't use the NT upgrade disc...ugggh.

I'm just learning about all this stuff but I would double check on that. I think I read in another thread that you could upgrade from one to the other. The idea was that the upgrade disk includes the entire product, not just the changes. The upgrade checks to make sure you have a valid copy and if you do it installs a full installation. To save space you could go back and delete the prior version.

I read this just last night I believe so you may want to read through a page or two back or call Garmin directly. Worth the effort to save on the price of a full product.

I'm just learning about all this stuff but I would double check on that. I think I read in another thread that you could upgrade from one to the other. The idea was that the upgrade disk includes the entire product, not just the changes. The upgrade checks to make sure you have a valid copy and if you do it installs a full installation. To save space you could go back and delete the prior version.

I read this just last night I believe so you may want to read through a page or two back or call Garmin directly. Worth the effort to save on the price of a full product.

To make use of the 2008 NT upgrade disc, your gps must be loaded with an earlier NT version of CN. which mine is not.