Help with City Navigator

LDove

I got City Navigator for my Garmin 76csx last year. Last weekend, that GPS was not working. We went and bought the same exact model and put in the waypoint manager CD (which I guess I would not have had to do) that came with it. Somehow that Waypoint Manager managed to wipe out my Topo East Maps in Mapsource. When I try to magnify to street level, it reads, "please insert USA Topo East CD." Well... first off, I don't remember getting an East and West Topo CD and if I did I can't find it. :huh: (someday I WILL get organized I swear!)

I went and "unlocked" the map with my 25 digit code, but the lower right corner still says maps locked.

Can someone tell me:

1. Did City Navigator come with a topo east and west map set in addition to the City Navigator CD.

2. Am I unlocking the maps wrong?

3. Do I need to use my 8 digit code for anything that would help me get what I need., i.e. distinct street detail with all streets, restaurants, etc...

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I got the old GPS to work and have old maps in there, but don't think they go all the way to the site of the WGA picnic. If I take them out now, I will have nothing for the area I live in, at least I have that in the old (fixed) GPS.

I already had the Topo maps on my computer when I put on City Navigator. I copied the Topo maps to the hard drive and did the installation from there, so I didn't have to put in the CDs.

If you had the Topos on your hard drive, perhaps the Trip and Waypoint Manager changed an entry in the Registry. I was actually editing the Registry on my computer last night to get the key to point to the correct folder so I could use the Eastern Topo for the first time.

Check the instructions in this thread to look in the Registry and see if the problem can be found there.