Geo Petroglyph

BilLow

I've come across a couple of small reddish sandstones that have letters and numbers on one side and petroglyph figures on the other. Thinking they were trackable (not a word) - I've tried to log them.... no luck. The codes are not recognized and not loggable (sorry, another not a word).

The previous logs in the caches where they were placed by other cachers called them Geopetroglyphs. I’ve searched the files here and the only petroglyphs noted in the past are nothing like the ones I’ve found…

Anyone know more about these? Why have a code on them if it cannot be logged and tracked?

Thanks for any help.

I've come across a couple of small reddish sandstones that have letters and numbers on one side and petroglyph figures on the other. Thinking they were trackable (not a word) - I've tried to log them.... no luck. The codes are not recognized and not loggable (sorry, another not a word).

The previous logs in the caches where they were placed by other cachers called them Geopetroglyphs. I’ve searched the files here and the only petroglyphs noted in the past are nothing like the ones I’ve found…

Anyone know more about these? Why have a code on them if it cannot be logged and tracked?

Thanks for any help.

Do they say "www.geocaching.com" on them? Maybe they're trackable (not a word) on another geosite (another not a word)?

I know pictures would help, but to insert an image here it says you need a URL. I've got some pics, but have no place to post them to then clip them from for this site.

They have no info on them as to where they could be tracked. But having numbers and letters on one side makes it seem like they should be able to be tracked somewhere.

If it looks like one of these:

Here are the 5 petroglyph series coins. The backs have a small design also and each coin is sequentially numbered.

Petroglyph Coins:

"Big Dog" * "Turtle Mountain" * "Mountain Goat" * "Bear" * "Thunderbird"

21919fe6-c2ba-4a83-a716-96f711f9ffd4.jpg

You've stumbled across one of Tsun's personal coins that she made. And you're lucky, I'd love one! :huh:

Actually, Tsun does have her own handmade coins. The pics I put up in post 8 are hers, and the turtles and whale tales she did, while they are geocoins and have been "manufactured" were done as a hand drawing and submitted to the minters as such, and subsequently, they are minted according to her drawings and not symetrical or as "perfect" in shape as other coins are.

She has a remarkable talent and imagination. I wish I had even the talent she has in her pinky finger, lol!

In any case, though, those sandstone "coins" are incredibly cool, someone send one to Sweden!

Following the note from ProsperoDK who noted the logs that used the term... I emailed that person. Thank you!!!

The Geopetroglyph is a signature item he makes. The letters and numbers are the Waypoints of caches he has placed.

Cool. Mystery solved. Plus, it has given me a few ideas to try….